Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

RIP-Felix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following for awhile, but finally decided it was time to ask for help.

I have successfully installed the USB-HOST MOD using an OTG USB I had laying around (props to @KMFDManic for his videos, they helped a bunch).

I have an 8BitDo SF30 pro controller that is in Dinput (Android) mode, as suggested by 8BitDo for use with the SNESC/NESC Retro Reciever (Latest firmware on both receiver and controller). I can confirm that the controller pairs and configures correctly in retroarch on a Pi3 build I have. I was hoping to get it working on my SNESC, because I like it's save state manager and GUI.

In retroarch, R3/L3 and the right analog stick do not bind (are not seen). Everything else is seen. All the regular cores work fine without these controls (NES, SNES, Genesis, Atari 2600, and GB/GBA are the ones I'v tested so far). However, PS1 and N64 won't work properly without them. For PS1 I'm using _km_pcsx_rearmed_neon_12_16_17.hmod from KMFDManic's github. R3/L3 and the right analog stick are not recognized, so no ape escape! Also, in Metal Gear Solid, L1/L2 act like a momentary switch. It doesn't see me holding the button down, which won't allow me to select weapons/items. It just equips the scope. So PS1 games are unplayable with this controller. Mupen64 is even worse. In addition to the buttons retroarch won't bind, the emu itself doesn't respond to the left analog stick or D-pad, even though they are bound in retroarch.

Any ideas how to get the SF30pro working? Any recommendation for an alternative controller?

zeomax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
L2/R2 are recognized as L1/R1. Left analog stick is not really the the left stick. It is just the same as the D-pad. 8Bitdo says its retroarchs fault and not theirs.

RIP-Felix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works fine on my Raspberry Pi3. I know it's an actual analog, because I get gradual slow walking to full running and no jerky direction changes. The difference is that I pair the SF30pro via RPi's bluetooth, not 8BitDo's RR. Perhaps it's do to their RR.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 12-28-17

More Arcade Goodness with MAME 2003 Update! I also Updated nearly every other Core! Also, I put together a Dummies Guide For USB-HOST, to take the minimalist approach to getting things going! I included a few more tools to help you Guys & Gals out! I updated the Arcade Compatibility, too. Lastly, there is now a Dummies USB-HOST Text File with a few Cardinal Rules to follow! Here are two videos for you to enjoy, and have fun with the Update!!!

SNES Classic - MAME 2003 Goodness!!

SNES Classic - USB-HOST For Dummies!!!

And, of course, the Update:)

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering....how large are the SNES classic suspend points ? I want to have at least 1 save point for each game. Also, how well does the extra space mod work ? It says in the read me file that it's EXTREMELY EXPERIMENTAL. That sounds dangerous. What does it do exactly ?

Last edited by Spottedfeather,

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hasn't this game had an official release? Super Double Dragon.
Yes, but I prefer the japanese version. I'm looking for a custom cover. I made this one but doesn't convice me
CLV-U-UXWBN.png

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering....how large are the SNES classic suspend points ? I want to have at least 1 save point for each game. Also, how well does the extra space mod work ? It says in the read me file that it's EXTREMELY EXPERIMENTAL. That sounds dangerous. What does it do exactly ?
I've heard that each suspend point is about 2 MB.

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KMFDManic how is this Snes9X stacking working?

I tried to play Rendering Ranger. With Canoe it does not work, we all know that but which SNES9X core plays it without Music/SFX problems?

Edit: Also I experienced some input lags when using SNES9X. Some games getting really difficult to play.
Is this something which can be improved in the future? Canoe shows that it is possible to have almost no lag.

Also who knows which core can be used to have proper transparencies in Jurassic Park for SNES?

thx

Last edited by Fire-WSP,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
then it must work everytime! because i have that file folder exist!
ah the Transcend 1GB sd card works.
the toshiba 4gb from the new 3ds works not with ext2,3,4.
both are class 4.

files and folders are the same

now testing the 8gb class 10

jepp but to find the checksum is not the best for google search

Class 10 cards are recommended for fastest data transfer rates especially gaming. The nes mini and snes mini both are based on Linux. This is a comaptibility chart for sd cards for the Rasp pi : https://elinux.org/RPi_SD_cards . Should be the same as the minis (since both are Linux based). Probably most people's problems trying the sd card add-on to the snes mini sd card mod.Wrong class of card and wrong brand that is guarenteed to work 100%.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i knew that class 10is faster then class 2 or 4!
but thats the cards that i have home!

at your link there are different of the same space and class with work and not work from the same producer.
with that list sandisk has more problems as other.

and in the shop here i can not see which card work and which not.

is it normal that ext4 gives a c8 error at shutdown at the sd card mod?

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love for there to be a crt filter like on the nes classic edition. I miss that ntsc wobble, as it's called, that the nes games had on that system.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i knew that class 10is faster then class 2 or 4!
but thats the cards that i have home!

at your link there are different of the same space and class with work and not work from the same producer.
with that list sandisk has more problems as other.

and in the shop here i can not see which card work and which not.

is it normal that ext4 gives a c8 error at shutdown at the sd card mod?

You will see if you scroll down further in the list..all sandisk class 10 cards are good to go.they are all listed as OK..as in 100% working. I don;t own any other sd cards other than sandisk class 10.

If you google "snes mini c8 error on shutdown" there are many topics opened up. The whole Hakchi needs to be reformulated to an all-in one..too many addons and structure changes and reprogramming by amazing people. It all needs to be written in one SOLID form of hakchi. If you surf around and read some forums..everybody is having all kinds of problems with all the updated hmods..usb host..sd mods..etc..it is making the snes mini as well as the nes mini memories of the consoles itself confused. That's why their are numerous errors that end people are having. Nothing is clearly defined in how this works..that works..what is different..why all the different hmods all the time. People are having mixed results and end up with their cherished trophies with problems.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when sandisk are working why my class 10 sandisk only works with fat32 or ntfs?

the c8 error only comes when i in a folder and has the ext4 system.
without in a folder or in fat32 it works without c8 when i shut down.

and dont take me like i am a neewbie

Last edited by Liriel,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when sandisk are working why my class 10 sandisk only works with fat32 or ntfs?

the c8 error only comes when i in a folder and has the ext4 system.
without in a folder or in fat32 it works without c8 when i shut down.

and dont take me like i am a neewbie

Have you tried Sd Formatter for your sd card? Formats it to the correct specs for your sd card : https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/

And I think you need to tone down your attitude. No one said you are a newbie. Chill. You always have that attitude here..Just trying to help..if you learn something new..be humble. we all start somewhere and don't know it all..all we can do is learn and learn from that.

Reactions: TerryG

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that has nothing to do with formated because it i the same tool!
the toshiba 4gb class 4 that are in the new 3ds xl from factory) and sandisk 8gb class 10 works not.
the transcend 1gb class 4 and the 8gb sandisk class 2 works.

and i formated several times and massiv trys until i found the problem
and its only a ext problem.

i will buy a 32gb toshiba exceria in the next days.

Last edited by Liriel,

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Super Mario Land 2 colorized version is a patch. You need to patch the original rom with a checksum of :
  • MD5: A8413347D5DF8C9D14F97F0330D67BCE
Thanks. The ROM I used was the same file name, but with a different checksum. I instead found a ROM that was already patched, and that boots fine.

VS. Super Mario Bros. appears to run fine, but with garbled audio. Is that happening for everyone?

Reactions: ByteThis

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im having trouble with the latest version of Windows 10. It tries to install a driver for my SNES mini but it after finding a driver it doenst get detected by hakchi. I turned off the automatic driver installation but that didnt work either.

EDIT: Seems to be detected when dumping kernel.

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 12-28-17

More Arcade Goodness with MAME 2003 Update! I also Updated nearly every other Core! Also, I put together a Dummies Guide For USB-HOST, to take the minimalist approach to getting things going! I included a few more tools to help you Guys & Gals out! I updated the Arcade Compatibility, too. Lastly, there is now a Dummies USB-HOST Text File with a few Cardinal Rules to follow! Here are two videos for you to enjoy, and have fun with the Update!!!

SNES Classic - MAME 2003 Goodness!!

SNES Classic - USB-HOST For Dummies!!!

And, of course, the Update:)

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

I just modded the SNESc w Hakchi2 (2.21f) and using your cores. I'm using the _km_mame2003_12_28_17.hmod + _km_retroarch_standard_snesc_10_8_17.hmod, and for the SNES unsupported games I use _km_snes9x2005_snesc_--retroarch_9_4_17.hmod.

Couple questions though. I got a bunch of MAME stuff working (simpsons 2 player, boogie wings, dark seal, cliffhanger ed randy, nitro ball, etc)..

but a couple I can't seem to get working are Light Bringer and Magician Lord. Any idea how to get them working? It tries to load the rom and then the screen goes black, followed by returning to the game selection screen.

My other question is what version of your cores works best for SNES games that aren't supported by canoe? I've been using the 9x2005, is that still the best one for saves included?

Great work as always man.

EDIT: I just got Magician Lord working. I didn't realize it was a NEO-GEO game. I used your core _km_bios_neo_mame2003_req.hmod and added " NEO-GEO" at the end of the command line and it runs smooth.
Now to try and get Light Bringer to work.

Last edited by LuckY07,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But gta6 will be in Psi hometown, and all cars will have a women on the roof, booty shaking.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That was a thing here in Florida for a minute
    Like cars with the booty shaking lol I seen it once in person was like smiling lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm talking about visiting areas he hides his bodies at
    Vice City kind of feels like Miami lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, it's a parody iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea think that's where it was supposed to be, Miami
    +1
    Having been to Miami hmmm probably a hundred times lol
    Back in my days as a delivery driver for a cartel well driver slash guy they would send if a payment was forgotten lol
    you know to help them find their checkbook lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gta4 was NewYork or Chicago, gta5 is California
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn camera phones catching crimes
    Always some women screaming... You break a few thousand dollars worth of crap in someone's living room and they scream lol
    lol Ken yeah the things I did as a kid I am soooo glad those didn't exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If someone breaks my $20 TV stand their nose is getting broke
    Psi would be doing like 300-3,000 years in prison lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have some in closet allegations?
    Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice, quick kick to the arm snapping it between the wrist and elbow broke like a swing lol I reached into the couch to see what was in there, cool a free .380 lol had to hit him with it a few times to remind him not to do it again lol
    He had the 20K he owed the very next day it was a miracle lol
    Psi was a bad bad man at one point lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a GTA based on your life, or at least put you in 6 as a character.
    I don't think people would believe 10% of the things I have done lol thank god...
    I have a giant check list of impossible things, and I haven't done them all yet lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Was the pot farmer in San andreas
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of...