Gaming Halo 3 was a rip off.

Tuddles

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was veryyy adverage I beat it in under 7 hours and the multiplayer is nothing compared to Gears of War imo.

Still it was not living upto the hype, thanx tho CCCLX
wink.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It felt like Halo 2.1 IMHO.
I'm not gonna bitch about it - I played it and didn't have to pay for it. But they could have funneled SOME of the marketing money and give it to the DEVELOPERS.

I am very much looking forward to insulting you all over live, though
smile.gif

lo and behold, the mass of 12 year olds appeared and sayeth : "cocksucking n**** jew communist arab HAX!"

Tuddles

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not gonna bitch about it - I played it and didn't have to pay for it. But they could have funneled SOME of the marketing money and give it to the DEVELOPERS.

smile.gif

lo and behold, the mass of 12 year olds appeared and sayeth : "cocksucking n**** jew communist arab HAX!"

I hope you sig gets you banned jackass

DSGRIM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

smile.gif

jeeze. canadian prudes.your dollar is worth more now, get excited you have 1 thing over the americans now.

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
By the way, its that only me, or is almost all FPS games short?
All of the Metroid Prime series games took me at least 17 hours to complete 100% (Would have been longer if Hard mode was available from the beginning). Then again, I don't think of Metroid Prime as a FPS game as much as I do a FPS RPG. A lot of people don't like the story, but I enjoyed it. Scanning all the Lore and watching the story develop that way was always interesting to me.

Call of Cthulu for the original Xbox was also a decently long game if I remember correctly.

As for Halo, the series never really did it for me. I have Halo 1 & 2, but never beat either of them because they were very repetitive. In my case, I'd just end up playing the game for the highly acclaimed mutliplayer, but honestly I'd rather play Team Fortress 2 or a number of other mutliplayer games.

I think once Unreal Tournament 3 comes out, Halo 3 will see a little bit of competition.

Tuddles

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

smile.gif

jeeze. canadian prudes.your dollar is worth more now, get excited you have 1 thing over the americans now.

Geee and maybe FREE health care and a higher minimum wage also.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow metroid prime 3 took you 17 hours?!?! I found that game soooooooo easy on normal and easy, you really have to play it on hard for it to be decent....hrmm does that mean poor game design? I guess it does

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow metroid prime 3 took you 17 hours?!?! I found that game soooooooo easy on normal and easy, you really have to play it on hard for it to be decent....hrmm does that mean poor game design? I guess it does
My mistake, i shouldn't have said all the Metroid Prime series games since I still have yet to play Corruption. But the Prime 1 and 2 definitely took me at least that long.

I also explore every single inch of every level in every game I play so it generally takes me longer to finish most games I guess.

Oh, an example of this is Final Fantasy 7, which took me longer than the maximum time counter... much longer. If the max timer is 99 hours and 59 minutes, I must have played at least that long plus 10-15 more hours. Mind you I did every single thing in that game from level all characters to 99, beat all the American made bosses, get master materia of each kind for every character, etc. Ah, the good old days of being young at the time and not having a job, staying up till 7 A.M. and sleeping on the couch.

I miss those days. I don't have that kind of time at all, let alone time to beat a game like Halo 3 two days after it is released like so many other people on here
smile.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah the first 2 took me ages too, same with FF7. Good times
smile.gif

I'm still yet to beat halo 3 because like you, I explore every last inch

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To the OP...Who buys halo for single player?

I "bought it" for single player as I don't have access to xbox live. No doubt I'll have a few split-screen co-op and deathmatch games with friends, but xbox live is off limits to me for the moment, so I'll be mssing out on all the loverly pwnage
frown.gif

I can sympathise with the OP. If I had seen all of Halo 3 in under 6hours I would have felt very let down. I just tried playing on normal and it's just run and shoot gameplay. None of the tactical "combat evolved" set-pieces are there. It truly sucks!
Luckily, I heeded the warnings (there were A LOT of warnings). I even posted a pre-emptive flame on GBAtemp, labelling all pussy gamers who would no doubt "burn through on normal, just to see the ending".

Play on one of the harder difficulties and enjoy a fun-filled 10hours+ of excellent fps combat (better combat than biosock imo)

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, every single review online said the campaign was short. Well, they were right.
rofl2.gif

Anyways, I still prefer Bioshock over Halo 3 (campaign wise) but everybody gets it for the multiplayer anyway. Still, Bungie could have made a better campaign in those years they been working on it. Multiplayer is still mostly like Halo 2, so they couldn't have been working on it for 3 years instead of making a decent campaign. I hope that all of this makes sense... somehow.
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2