Halo: Fireteam Raven announced for arcades

While a new mainline Halo game hasn't been announced yet, Microsoft has revealed that they've contracted 343 Industries, Raw Thrills, and PlayMechanix in order to create a Halo title for arcade machines. Requiring a 130-inch 4K screen to play, Halo Fireteam Raven is a lightgun game, with 4 player co-op or versus. According to 343, the game has been in development for a few years now, and is finally almost ready to release. It'll be available as an arcade exclusive game initially in Dave & Busters locations only, for North America this summer. By fall, it'll be available in other arcades across the United States and Canada.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
130 inches, damn.
I do like arcade shooters so this could actually be fun, I'll make sure to try it out if I ever get the chance. No arcades around here, but Singapore has them, and I go there almost every year to visit dad.

D

Deleted User

only 1 question-wtf is ''arcade''? \s
seriously tho, are we back in the 80's?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Looks pretty neat, but I know I'll never get a chance to play it since the closest Dave and Busters is like two hours away, and there's a whopping 1 arcade near me that hasn't updated their cabinets in probably 20 years now.

Oh well.

Reactions: DarthDub
D

Deleted User

Sure, the graphics look pretty, but the gameplay looks meh as hell.

Only On-rails shooter I've ever really enjoyed was House of the Dead 3, I fucking LOVE that game. But this Raven looks boring as shit.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I like the idea of a arcade rail shooter, I did not expect halo to be a game that be comes one. :wtf:

Second, I also don't like the type of guns, mounted turrets? I prefer something similar to the nes zapper. But I guess this is halo themed huh? :creep:

For the record, if anyone wants to play a 4 Player rail shooter, this game exist already on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 & Steam. The chances this halo game gets put on xbox or pc is possible with the idea it may be the first console game to use two monitors. :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: ov3rkill

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i didnt knew people still made new arcade games...

i can see this getting released on xbox live latter on like years later if ever the needing 2 screens in 4k is kinda wierd but i bet under the hood its just one xbox X in there lol.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
As much as I like the idea of a arcade rail shooter, I did not expect halo to be a game that be comes one. :wtf:

Second, I also don't like the type of guns, mounted turrets? I prefer something similar to the nes zapper. But I guess this is halo themed huh? :creep:

For the record, if anyone wants to play a 4 Player rail shooter, this game exist already on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 & Steam. The chances this halo game gets put on xbox or pc is possible with the idea it may be the first console game to use two monitors. :P

That looks pretty cool

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The characters in game, kind of remind me of Metroid Federation Force.

If ported, I really doubt you would need two monitors. Also, would hate to be the person or people that breaks the machine. If that happens, of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...