Hacking han v3 questions

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since I can't find a useful faq and people seem to expect me to memorize half a dozen different sites to get all my answers:

1. Will future updates break this?
2. How is the ban implemented? is it an account or system ban, and can a second account avoid banning completely?
3. If for some reason I wanted to, can I purchase games from the Store and install them without borking everything up?
4. Does han require activating through the browser every boot? Is there a workaround or one in progress?
5. Do legit games still work fine?
6. Is there a list of which games work and which games don't?
7. is it possible to install PS3 games that do not have an update on the shop?
8. Is it possible to install the game updates?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Will future updates break this?
Most likely yes, as you depend on browserhax every reboot.
If there will be future updates, that is (probably yes but it will be delayed to the next movie BD keys update)

How is the ban implemented? is it an account or system ban, and can a second account avoid banning completely?
Both

If for some reason I wanted to, can I purchase games from the Store and install them without borking everything up?
Sure, as you can on an unmodified console (but I would hesitate to do that, without a clear-history tool)

Does han require activating through the browser every boot? Is there a workaround or one in progress?
Sell your console and treat yourself to a real CECH-A :D
The "workaround" would imply being able to sign packages in a way that gets accepted on OFW, or to find a way to sign CFW for metldr2 ("3.56+") consoles

Do legit games still work fine?
Yep

Is there a list of which games work and which games don't?
PS3? I think you should look up the "CFW2OFW" list, or so I heard
PS2/PSP/PS1? psdevwiki

is it possible to install PS3 games that do not have an update on the shop?
No, it has to do with updates being officially signed for every console but backups alone being not

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Sell the SS, buy a Slim. The exploit is technically impressive but not worth the effort on a day to day basis plus it offers a lot less than a real cfw machine can do with ease.

And they would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for that pesky lv2.

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
eh... looking closer it seems that 90% of the games I want to play (because they are exclusives) are only about $10-$15 with PSOne/2 Classics being $5-10. The thing is, as soon as the news broke I bought a used PS3 SS off eBay because the sticking point was I didn't want an oversized console. I'll decide when it comes in, but realistically I can just buy my games from the Store and pick away at my wishlist once in a while (getting too many games at once usually leads me to ignore most of them.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
I swapped my PS3 slim that got banned (because of CFW) to a Super Slim, now I hacked the Super Slim and will give it to my cousin and got another PS3 Slim. I actually like HAN V3 better than cfw now because of the features. The ban doesn't seem to happen often, I think Syncing Trophy will lead you to being banned immediately but checking psn and downloading stuff from there seem fine.

There are ways to make Han enabler easier like miniweb and HAN Toolbox.

ogioto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I'll also will add few questions. If the console is activated with that spare account and we dumped the files we need for signing, can we convert ISOs with a tool, sign them and install them on the console? The idea is that a friend of mine plays only single player games and he wants to connect the console to a second router (with no internet) in his home. Through the router he will send the games on his SSlim console and play them. The idea is no ban for the console and the ability to play everything. Will this work for him? I informed him that not all converted ISOs will work and stuff. But is it a good plan for him?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays