Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
gallery_31_9_23854.png

Happy Birthday GBAtemp Forums!

It all started 9 years ago... On the 24th of October, Year 2002, the GBAtemp Forums were created by the Father of All Tempers: [m]KiVan[/m] the Almighty, Duke of Milano. Nine years laters our guru is no longer, though it was rumored that people saw him on some site called the book of feces, or something of the like.

Among the people that have been around the longest, some are still hiding among the -more or less- active staff. Namely [m]Thug4L1f3[/m], [m]shaunj66[/m], [m]Cyan[/m], [m]Zarcon[/m] and your humble servant. What about you? How long has it been since you joined? What are your best and your oldest GBAtemp memories? Tell us all of your stories in this very thread.

If you are eager to know more about the History of GBAtemp, feel free to consult our dedicated Wiki article. Another interesting read is the "Internet Wayback Machine" showing us how GBAtemp looked like back in 2003.

Reactions: 3 people

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Happy Birthday GBAtemp! Its been one hell of a run so far. I have been a member for over 5 years now. One of my oldest memories is from back in the Testing Area. I wish I could honestly find it to link to, but I havent been able to, and its too crass that I really want to put the memory here and taint the thread. One of the first times I really saw the other members as funny guys, not just tech guys.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, I've been here for a while but I feel like a newcomer when looking at it from the grand scheme of things. Happy birthday GBAtemp!

Reactions: 1 person

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Happy birthday Gbatemp. I came here in 2008 looking for some flashcart files and just joined for the hell of it. Been a sometimes poster and daily lurker ever since. Like Tempbot says "You stay classy GBATemp." and hopefully you stay around for a longtime too come.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Happy birthday, GBATemp.net!
It's nice to see what it's evolved into since 2008, when I lurked. 3 years of amazing change, and getting to talk and know some amazing people here. :D

~Ace™

Mjolnir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Happy Birthday, Gbatemp, many happy returns!

This is the first site I check every day (not always logged-in) and, oh God, I can't believe I have been doing this 9 years already since november,6th 2002. But, still playing the DSi and with the newly acquired 3DS, I'm sure to keep my daily appointment here for some time to come (health permitting of course, being 51).

Cheers!

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.goodrx.com/conditions/lead-poisoning/cinnamon-recall-lead-poisoning?&utm_source=sfmc&...