Happy but sad news! It's bye for a while...

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Well folks it looks like it's time for me to say bye to the 'temp for a while. I've been waiting to hear about a job for a few weeks and I got the call this morning that I start on the 16th. Normally this wouldn't mean saying bye but it's a live in job in a holiday camp which means I won't have net access.
frown.gif
I'm probably going to start clucking from withdrawel symptoms!
I'll be leaving my PC at my parents place but I only get one day off a week (bastard slave drivers! heh) so I don't know how often I'll be back home, it's like a 50 miles trip each way.

The job lasts from March until September so I'll be back then, unfortunately for everyone here you can't get rid of me that easily!
wink.gif
I'll still be active from now til next Friday but I move in to the accomodation on the 14th. Heh, if anyone's planning a holiday in a holiday camp then I'm working in Hafan y Mon, Pwllheli. Book there and keep me company! And everyone show me some sympathy, I get my own room but I'll be sharing the chalet with 3 other lads. What's the bet they turn out to be complete chavs!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
aw man this is definitely good news for you, but bad news for the temp.
we'll miss you mate... this is a goodbye then as I will be away myself soon, till the month of april.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No chance of a 3g dongle? They are on pay as you go for quite decent rates and speeds these days, not enough to go downloading but for general usage they are fine.

Re: visiting, afraid I do not love you enough to subject myself to a holiday park (much less travel across the entire country to do it) and I would be more likely to find myself in Holyhead or Mount Snowdon than the other side. Should I find myself there a round or two on me I guess.

Also remember when you decide to murder someone (and in a holiday camp going by our past conversations you will at least contemplate it) use a plastic sheet on the floor.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
No chance of a 3g dongle? They are on pay as you go for quite decent rates and speeds these days, not enough to go downloading but for general usage they are fine.

Re: visiting, afraid I do not love you enough to subject myself to a holiday park (much less travel across the entire country to do it) and I would be more likely to find myself in Holyhead or Mount Snowdon than the other side. Should I find myself there a round or two on me I guess.

Also remember when you decide to murder someone (and in a holiday camp going by our past conversations you will at least contemplate it) use a plastic sheet on the floor.
Yes, you don't lagma-, er, the person's blood spurting all over your rug.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
B-Blue said:
You're getting the job you want, that's not sad news.
smile.gif

Good luck, we're gonna miss you...

Cheers mate!

Noitora said:
Good luck Trolley! Take care
happy.gif

Cheers Noity! I'll have to get on Live and have a game of something next week.

Costello said:
aw man this is definitely good news for you, but bad news for the temp.
we'll miss you mate... this is a goodbye then as I will be away myself soon, till the month of april.

Cheers Costy mate! Stay safe and good luck with what you're doing. Hopefully I'll see your game on Live when I get back!

shaunj66 said:
Get a notebook with a 3G service
biggrin.gif

I was thinking about that. Won't have the cash til I get my first paycheque but it's something I'm definitely going to look into.

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Mar 5 2009, 01:33 PM)

I'm going to look into that mate. I was thinking of one of those phones with a browser but a lappy with a dongle would be alot better. I won't have the cash until my first paycheque but I'll probably be able to pick up a cheap laptop and stuff then. Do you know roughly how much a phone setup would cost?

I have no doubts I'll want to kill someone! Luckily there's a river close by, and you know, accidents always happen by rivers don't they!

Posts merged

QUOTE(Sonicslasher @ Mar 5 2009, 01:40 PM)
Yes, you don't lagma-, er, the person's blood spurting all over your rug.

Me, kill someone? Have you seen how angelic I look?

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Sad but happy news man. I am so pleased for you though! You shall be missed greatly, you are one of the best of us here and an example to all. And the forum will be less without your presence.

Good luck, have a great time!
yaypsp.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aww man! This sucks for the temp, but while we are all sad to see you go for a while, we are happier to see you get the job you wanted. Take care!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Sad but happy news man. I am so pleased for you though! You shall be missed greatly, you are one of the best of us here and an example to all. And the forum will be less without your presence.

Good luck, have a great time!
yaypsp.gif

Cheers p1ngy mate! I'm going to spend the next 6 months chasing drunk female tourists looking to have a good time so I'll be in my element! lol Of course there's that pesky job shit in between but I can put up with that! Plus where else am I gonna find another place that costs 100 quid a week for rent, food and electric. It's a steal.
yaypsp.gif

da_head said:
goodluck with ur new job! we'll hold off the noobs till u get back
biggrin.gif

Cheers mate, all the best and I'll see you when I get back.

Raven Darkheart said:
congrats on getting the new job! i'll miss ya for sure so definitely look into getting a cheap laptop with a dongle

Cheers RD mate! I've been looking at prices of the stuff tonight and I should be able to afford one with my first pay, so hopefully I won't be away as long as I thought.

QUOTE(science @ Mar 5 2009, 07:08 PM)
Aww man! This sucks for the temp, but while we are all sad to see you go for a while, we are happier to see you get the job you wanted. Take care!

Cheers science mate! All the best with your uni course mate. Hopefully I'll see you when I'm on-line again.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Bye, hope it doesn't take too long to get back online
frown.gif

Oh, and if you do kill somebody, you need to do it in some sort of ritualistic fashion just for kicks.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aww man this IS sad news. Your huge in this community. Its best I stop being selfish and say congratulations. Hope you have a good time and get alot of free time.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
dinofan01 said:
Aww man this IS sad news. Your huge in this community. Its best I stop being selfish and say congratulations. Hope you have a good time and get alot of free time.

Cheers mate! And are you calling me fat?
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7