Hacking Has anyone archived/converted the Badge Arcade official badges?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

So I got banned from Badge Arcade shortly after it came out - after I got fed up spending lots of real money on cosmetics, I poked around with RAM editing and figured out how to get nearly unlimited plays for free (using the daily free plays you'd get), and earned hundreds of badges. Back then, I was using the official Badge Arcade app to manage them - e.g. enable which ones I wanted to use on the home menu (up to 1000) since there were a lot more than that total.

I have a new console now, and while I could easily download Badge Arcade, I obviously can't use it. I have no EXTDATA created at all, so the badge option on the home menu doesn't work - it tells me I have to set it up first.

Shortly after I was banned, I found some homebrew that let you use custom badges - you had to place PNG files in a specific location, and then you could copy those to the EXTDATA and use them. It would overwrite any official badges that occupied those spots, I believe.

But the obvious problem is - you had to have your own PNG images created. I'm not artistic at all, and I actually like some of the official badges. There was a shovel from Animal Crossing that I used for my "shovelware" folder, for example. And a NES controller I used for my NES games folder, so on and so forth.

I know Badge Arcade essentially downloads a complete copy of all available badges when you launch it (and just keeps updating that file on subsequent launches) - and there haven't been any new ones added in years. Has anyone actually extracted this data, and converted it to a usable format by the homebrew badge management apps? I would be very interested in this. Even if there's issues publishing the code because of copyrighted images, a set of instructions on how to do it yourself would be fine - I can use a different 3DS, with a non-banned NNID, to download the official data and then follow the instructions.

I saw this thread and really think it would be beneficial to everybody if someone were to create a homebrew alternative to Badge Arcade - it can't be that hard to have an image viewer with little checkboxes (like the Android gallery app...) where you can enable/disable specific images (badges) you want copied to the home menu EXTDATA, which would let you put thousands of images on your (Micro)SD and then just enable/disable the stuff you wanted as you change your mind. I know there is already a program to simply put your own images in the EXTDATA, but if I recall correctly it's very basic and doesn't have a GUI or anything, and if you have more than 1000 PNGs in the folder it just stops at 1000.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :wacko: rolling? +1