Hacking Has anyone been banned with PS3Xploit HAN installed in their OFW PS3?

Nirmonculus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, just want to ask what are the rates of being banned when you have an ofw ps3 on HAN.
I heard that the chances are small, but I'm asking specifically for this exploit, not cfw.
If you can share your experience with this fairly new exploit for the ps3, it would be appreciated.
If you have been banned, what were the things that you did to warrant a ban from Sony?

I have tested the exploit on a Super Slim and installed games and themes, so far no bans.

What are the things you can do that won't get you banned? I know you can still go online and sign in psn without getting banned.
Can you sync your trophies? etc.
I'm still a bit cautious, so I don't try it.

Any input regarding the matter is great and I hope anyone else can benefit from them.

Thanks! :D

Nirmonculus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean the one that looks like a grill? How did I miss this exploit?

:blink:

(that emote doesn't deserve to be next to words, it's too shameful)
Lol, yes but a george foreman looks better. Too bad it didn't function the same way.
The exploit is not kernel, only user, you can install pkgs, like injection but now much easier... it is called etHANol or HAN for short.

TangentingTangerines

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly would sony know to ban you unless you cheat online or something? :unsure:
Several ways. I'm not an expert so I might get some information wrong, however I know they can detect title id's, which get synced with them every-time you log in psn. For example, if you run Retroarch, and then sign in to PSN they can tell you aren't running an official Sony program which can lead to a ban.
There are also ban risks if you use multiman to play a backup and then go online with that backup (some games can detect they're being run from a external hard drive, and some dumps of ps3 games are bad dumps and can get quickly detected).
I've also heard people say that the Sony can detect how certain games where installed, so even if you install a perfect pkg they can still detect that you installed without going through the PSN store (though I can't confirm this).
Finally while cfw tries to masquerade as ofw, it can still get detected if Sony goes out of their way to check your ps3.
Essentially every time you login to PSN on a hacked PS3 you're rolling the dice and seeing whether or not Sony will ban you, some people can log on hundreds of times for years and be fine, others get banned within a month.
I don't know much about this new HAN hack, I'm going off of knowledge from 2012-2014 Ps3 CFW
You can also reduce the chances of getting detected by using PSN patch and PSN Ninja to delete you title id history, and disable cfw, but if Sony randomly decides to look into your console specifically you can still get banned.

Nirmonculus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Several ways. I'm not an expert so I might get some information wrong, however I know they can detect title id's, which get synced with them every-time you log in psn. For example, if you run Retroarch, and then sign in to PSN they can tell you aren't running an official Sony program which can lead to a ban.
There are also ban risks if you use multiman to play a backup and then go online with that backup (some games can detect they're being run from a external hard drive, and some dumps of ps3 games are bad dumps and can get quickly detected).
I've also heard people say that the Sony can detect how certain games where installed, so even if you install a perfect pkg they can still detect that you installed without going through the PSN store (though I can't confirm this).
Finally while cfw tries to masquerade as ofw, it can still get detected if Sony goes out of their way to check your ps3.
Essentially every time you login to PSN on a hacked PS3 you're rolling the dice and seeing whether or not Sony will ban you, some people can log on hundreds of times for years and be fine, others get banned within a month.
I don't know much about this new HAN hack, I'm going off of knowledge from 2012-2014 Ps3 CFW
You can also reduce the chances of getting detected by using PSN patch and PSN Ninja to delete you title id history, and disable cfw, but if Sony randomly decides to look into your console specifically you can still get banned.

Yeah, I got banned before using cfw ps3 by signing in to psn only a couple of times, I got rid of that ps3 by giving it to a friend who just want to play backup games. But what I'm hearing about HAN is that they can do things you can't do on a cfw ps3 and not get banned. I know people have been going online signing on their psn with an injected ps3, which is pretty much what HAN is, just easier. Since injection have been around for around a year, I haven't heard of anyone getting banned by Sony with injected games, unless they do game mods and cheating online. It may be because they could be having a hard time detecting it or they have a program that can only detect ps3 cfw activities. I know to get banned a human has to do that after reviewing your console history or something.
I wonder if it is also because Sony might be dropping support for PS3 soon and their resources are focused on the PS4...

HAN doesn't have psn ninja yet or anything to delete your activity history.

EddieEddie90

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah so, bottom line: you could get banned no matter what measures you take. Personally, I don't have my main account on the ps3 super slim, just to be 100% sure nobody will ban me.

Even with HAN I believe chances of getting the banhammer are almost the same as using a CFW.

Last edited by EddieEddie90,

Nirmonculus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah so, bottom line: you could get banned no matter what measures you take. Personally, I don't have my main account on the ps3 super slim, just to be 100% sure nobody will ban me.

Even with HAN I believe chances of getting the banhammer are almost the same as using a CFW.

True, but what boggles me is that a friend of mine who offers his services to inject games on other people's ps3s have injected to dozens of ps3s and he said that they can still go on psn, play online, and stuff and no reports of bans yet. He said none have returned to him about a ban. Some have returned to get more games injected after finishing the games but they're not banned yet. This is with injected games and I think he is using HAN now instead of the old way of injecting games. Not CFW but OFW.
That is why I want to hear it from someone who actually got banned with injected games and HAN exploit, and what did they do. :D

I understand none is safe with Sony doing shady things with their units and playing games they don't actually own. But this got me curious.

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wouldn't it super easy for Sony to see if you get trophys for a game you did not buy? Or do they just check that with the second account which installed the games? Asking because I kinda want to play (and earn trophys) with my main Account

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it super easy for Sony to see if you get trophys for a game you did not buy? Or do they just check that with the second account which installed the games? Asking because I kinda want to play (and earn trophys) with my main Account
They don't check for trophies nor game purchases it would probably contradict disc owned games including imports. Logging into psn with cfw is enough to get flagged for ban.

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Can't spell

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They don't check for trophies nor game purchases it would probably contradict disc owned games including imports. Logging into psn with cfw is enough to get flagged for ban.
So you say it´s safe to play with the main account (which only enables HAN)?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you say it´s safe to play with the main account (which only enables HAN)?
When it comes to exploits nothing is safe I wouldn't gamble your main account over it. I would do more research on this to see if others have reported anything. All we can tell ya is play it safe
b/c Sony is pretty strict we just don't want to give an ok and leave you with a banned account and console. I know ppl want sync trophies, but your main account is more valuable than that.

Reactions: Xen0
D

Deleted User

The only way i can see a ban with han is with injected psp games since you stay connected to online while running the fake sighned game with a game id that sony didnt aprove of.

Injected ps2 and ps1 games dont connect online while running the emulator and for running ps3 titles its impossible to run homebrew which is unsighned code,so if your using a ps3 game installed as a pkg online,sonys only going to see it as a offical licence and game id.You can fake sighn homebrew to install on han but you cant run it without getting a error code.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Nirmonculus

Nirmonculus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The only way i can see a ban with han is with injected psp games since you stay connected to online while running the fake sighned game with a game id that sony didnt aprove of.

Injected ps2 and ps1 games dont connect online while running the emulator and for running ps3 titles its impossible to run homebrew which is unsighned code,so if your using a ps3 game installed as a pkg online,sonys only going to see it as a offical licence and game id.You can fake sighn homebrew to install on han but you cant run it without getting a error code.
I guess that explains why you can still sync trophies, sign in to psn, and do online multiplayer. Sony couldn't detect it.

Reactions: Deleted User

EddieEddie90

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
True, but what boggles me is that a friend of mine who offers his services to inject games on other people's ps3s have injected to dozens of ps3s and he said that they can still go on psn, play online, and stuff and no reports of bans yet. He said none have returned to him about a ban. Some have returned to get more games injected after finishing the games but they're not banned yet. This is with injected games and I think he is using HAN now instead of the old way of injecting games. Not CFW but OFW.
That is why I want to hear it from someone who actually got banned with injected games and HAN exploit, and what did they do. :D

I understand none is safe with Sony doing shady things with their units and playing games they don't actually own. But this got me curious.

I guess it's just a luck thing that some people get banned and some people don't, I bought a ps3 fat (the 80gb model) a few months ago but I gave up on it because I read that the thing has overheating issues, but the point is that the previous owner told that he played GTA V and other games without getting banned, he signed in to psn without any worries and something that bothers me is that he didn't even use any protection to avoid ban. When I get home and plugged the console and turned it on, it automatically signed in to his account without any issue. Guess Sony's ban behavious will remain a mystery.

Nirmonculus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess it's just a luck thing that some people get banned and some people don't, I bought a ps3 fat (the 80gb model) a few months ago but I gave up on it because I read that the thing has overheating issues, but the point is that the previous owner told that he played GTA V and other games without getting banned, he signed in to psn without any worries and something that bothers me is that he didn't even use any protection to avoid ban. When I get home and plugged the console and turned it on, it automatically signed in to his account without any issue. Guess Sony's ban behavious will remain a mystery.
I'm only pertaining to OFW exploit like HAN, with other CFW, I bet there's a guaranteed ban once Sony sniffed it because that exploit is easier for them to detect, that is why they need other apps like psn ninja and others. With HAN and signed PKGs, Sony only sees that you are playing with a licensed game and wouldn't think you are doing suspicious things.
As what Ominous mentioned but of course it wouldn't hurt to be careful about it. It may be because they need to put some resources to detect that new exploit but I heard that Sony is dropping PS3 support soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.