Gaming Has anyone given RockShot a chance?

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got into the game not too long ago during a 'free-game rush' on Steam one fateful day, and we happened along Rockshot. It seemed like another generic Battlefield or any other FPS game on the market, but it had interesting parkour and melee mechanics. Decided to try it out, and to our surprise it actually was a good deal of fun for a free game.

The gameplay mechanics are pretty dang great, being able to jump and climb around the few maps it offers. Engage other friends with a melee weapon to which it's something along the lines of Pokken( Tekken? Don't know much about it ), dodging and weaving to avoid an attack which was actually pretty fluid. The default loadouts aren't bad, the guns aren't completely broken that melee is useless in most situations, and vice versa for melee to guns.

But then there's the problems with the game, lack of a playerbase is a big one, attempting to join a game usually sticks you in a lobby with barely one other person, though I usually played with three or four others so some would join after a good while. The main menu is pretty dang horrible, every inch of it, difficult to setup a party with friends, just trying to find a mode that'll work without you waiting for another four people for the enemy team. And oh, the micro-transactions, game isn't doing so hot yet there's an ingame store to buy stuff in. Timed items, yadda yadda...

Not a horrible game by far, but it's definitely in need of work if it wanted to gain traction in the Steam marketplace. Which could've happened...if it wasn't for the fact that the game will be shutting down Sept. 9, 2018. Which kinda disappoints me since I did enjoy the combat alot.

What do you think? Have you played it? I'll leave the link below for anyone brave enough to figure out the menu and play around with a friend, you might be surprised at what you find. Send me a PM if you want someone to play against, I'll join since it'll be the last time anyone will get to play it x3

https://store.steampowered.com/app/653120/RockShot/

ss_cd29e6caf728a3c6a83cebd3ef483e0d4212310d.1920x1080.jpg
ss_7c70565b28d73b1190cb769bca7b34e1c3f49b87.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited by Wolfy,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was marginally curious but then I remembered Brink and decided to look that up.
Free to play apparently these days so there is that.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was marginally curious but then I remembered Brink and decided to look that up.
Free to play apparently these days so there is that.

I never could get into Brink, I also gave it a try when it came out on Steam for free and it just wasn't that special to me, don't know why when the mechanics are pretty similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo