Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

PotatoTheG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You SHOULD not be banned but at this point we arent sure. Go access the e-shop or another game and go online and see if you get an error code.
I checked the friends list and e-Shop. Not banned, still worried though, because it could be just a matter of time.

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think its stupid as hell for nintendo banning thousands of people permanently, i mean most of us actually do spend real money on nintendo products.... maybe it will just be a 15 day ban.... if not im selling my 3ds and getting another one....

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reposting:

People who are banned, try to go online with any retail game, or Gateway/Sky3DS if you have one but played on .cia anyway for whatever reason.

It's possible that only your "console header" is banned, causing all installed apps to not work online, and retail games will work fine because they have separate headers in them.
Already tried it with my retail AS cartridge, same error

Gon Freecss

Mumble > Discord
Trophies
Website
signal.org
XP
Country
Venezuela
Being one of the people who got banned, I'd just like to say a few words.
--
I realize what happened is my own fault, and I have no one to blame but me. Not Nintendo, not GameFreak, nobody.
I knew that the moment I modified my console, stuff like this could happen and I took the risk. Also, I knew that playing an unreleased game has risks.

The reason why I took the plunge on the 3DS and not, say, my Vita or PS3/4, is because when it comes down to it, Nintendo's online services aren't as important to me as other services like PSN or Steam or XBL. I mostly play SP or local multiplayer. But I realize that isn't the case for a lot of people.

That said, it is a shame that this happened, especially since I have spend several hundreds of dollars on Nintendo games, and several 3DS units and other consoles.
Here's to hoping that it's a temporary ban, and this can be cleared up with the passage of time. I wish the best of luck to all affected by this.

Where can I get a blank nnidsave.bin and a modified secure info?

You both, try this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-bypass-nnid-bans-miiverse-online-eshop-etc.417999/

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more interested in what kinds of bans are being put out rather than how to get unbanned.

I don't quite understand why there are so many different codes on different consoles, why some people are NNID banned but not console, console but not NNID, both, console or NNID but can play things online but not the eShop (like what?), etc.

It looks like they pulled these out of a hat and handed them out.
Most people are getting the same 2 codes, actually.

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i think its stupid as hell for nintendo banning thousands of people permanently, i mean most of us actually do spend real money on nintendo products.... maybe it will just be a 15 day ban.... if not im selling my 3ds and getting another one....
And you say its stupid? You are actually spending money on another console lol

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
Reposting:

People who are banned, try to go online with any retail game, or Gateway/Sky3DS if you have one but played on .cia anyway for whatever reason.

It's possible that only your "console header" is banned, causing all installed apps to not work online, and retail games will work fine because they have separate headers in them.
just tried online for mh4u legit cartridge and i got the same 002-0102 error.

Sakiisa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Reposting:

Tried carts on some units with no dice.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, accidentally went online yesterday, did nothing then disconnected.

eShop: works
Pokemon X Online: works

New 3DS, A9LH, 11.2 EUR

Is there a chance that I didn't avoid the ban, just haven't received it yet?

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm more interested in what kinds of bans are being put out rather than how to get unbanned.

I don't quite understand why there are so many different codes on different consoles, why some people are NNID banned but not console, console but not NNID, both, console or NNID but can play things online but not the eShop (like what?), etc.

It looks like they pulled these out of a hat and handed them out.
Its because Nintendo's error system is outdated and flawed. The confusion isnt helping because;

People are claiming to be banned from Playing Sun and Moon Online.
People are claiming to be banned from playing Sun and Moon OFFLINE.
People are claiming to be banned from just installing Sun and Moon without even playing it.
People are claiming to be banned from just installing A9LH and CFW without even having Pokemon Sun and Moon.

worryfaraway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I deleted the game, its save file. I haven't went online or used any online feature yet. May I be banned these days or in the future? I mean the activity log is still there.

gunfort

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I wonder if I will get banned when playing online on other games becauseI installed sunmoon

Its because Nintendo's error system is outdated and flawed. The confusion isnt helping because;

People are claiming to be banned from Playing Sun and Moon Online.
People are claiming to be banned from playing Sun and Moon OFFLINE.
People are claiming to be banned from just installing Sun and Moon without even playing it.
People are claiming to be banned from just installing A9LH and CFW without even having Pokemon Sun and Moon.

yeah, and some of those claims might not be true since I knew several salty people who cannot play the leaked version and spreading rumors in a fb group

Last edited by gunfort,

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
im not stupid lol ill just sell this on craigslist with sun and moon for the price of a new 2ds and not say a word....
Lol i didnt mean that you were stupid, just that the banning forces many peiple to get new consoles if they want to play SuMo or anything online, so they're not really losing money

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted the game, its save file. I haven't went online or used any online feature yet. May I be banned these days or in the future? I mean the activity log is still there.
Nah, you should be fine. I still have the game installed and I'm not banned. If you don't go online you should be fine. I'd also suggest not leaving the system in sleep mode with wifi on if you have the game installed. I have a theory......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol