has gameplayfun.com been confirmed legit yet?

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I load mine up with the latest AKAIO (1.8.8), my card shows the Chessmaster icon. Which is it supposed to show?

lightakejerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kadin said:
lightakejerry said:
To be Frank,the latest acekard 2i sells $13 is impossible in USA, As we know this card was made in China, we can't sell this price as a reseller how can they do that? So I am worrying about the quality of the products.
excl.gif
excl.gif

Well I've confirmed that mine that I just got from gameplayfun.com is indeed legit. I checked a number of sources and everything works and I just installed the latest 1.8.8 version of AKAIO with zero problems so... And I got the card in 4 days, 2 of which were the weekend. I'll use them again.

Can you post some picts here so that we can check if you're really using the latest AK 2i?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Kadin @ Aug 26 2011, 09:09 AM)
When I load mine up with the latest AKAIO (1.8.8), my card shows the Chessmaster icon. Which is it supposed to show?
I think yes

Zetro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kadin said:
Yeah that's fine, the only reason my pics show a different one is because its updated to run on a 3DS.
I'm assuming your playing on a DSi/Lite?

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About a year ago, I ordered a DSTWO from them. I got it very quickly and in great condition. So I can confirm they are safe. Even though the site looks like a 5 year old made it

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
they cancelled their shoptemp subscription, removed all info about their website.
they even changed all their shop info to make it disappear from shoptemp (they renamed themselves to "yahoo"), but heyy, not so fast.
I restored the store name so that they can be found again and reviews be left... legit reviews this time, hopefully.
http://shoptemp.net/shop/gameplayfun-com.html

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
it's pretty bad for all their customers, i hope it's only temp closed for moon holiday. but strange to change even shoptemp reg info. probably going to bad ending . mha

however more important another issue i see that there are many clone website that are fully occupied with the shoptemp homepage,
dscardworld.com is nds-gear.com check too http://www.dscardworld.com/contact
check their news, same news, nothing new, it's more spam than news

i suggest to make some change on shoptemp
1- store with at least 1 year history should be more recommended maybe with another logo or tab or similar. new store can easly take customer money and then vanish
2- allow only real news article to be published , now there are many with only prices and links but nothing new or good
3- every 5 days only one NEW article on homepage, now once for day is too much, there are not very many news to post everyday for everyshop
4- MAX words limit, to limit everyshop msg to be short and clear , some news are very too long and just tables.
5- add a mark or tab for clone store, customer that had a bad experience should be aware that some stores are same owner to avoid even worst experience
6- should really avoid one owner to monopoly the homepage, this will clearly damage all shops and all gbatemp users

hope something will be improved .
ciao!

lightakejerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jea said:
I ordered 3 acekards from Gameplayfun. They sent an email that the order was delivered. I waited and tried to check the tracking but there was no tracking number. After 10 days, i sent an email to inquire and ask assistance. I never heard back. BEWARE!!!
God will not have mercy on small gain lol.

Kiaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank god that shop closed down just in time. I was going to buy an acekard 2i from there since it was closer to me, but found out soon that it closed down. I decided to purchase from zhuzhuchina instead since it was cheaper and I've read good reviews about them. Now I'm just waiting until it reaches my mailbox :]

edit: typo

slaysme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought a dstwo a day or two before the site was gone.... received the day after it was gone.oh well, my card works fine.

Leykis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slaysme said:
i bought a dstwo a day or two before the site was gone.... received the day after it was gone.oh well, my card works fine.

I did the same....ordered my dstwo about 2 days before their site stopped working. I received it a few days later but the card was damaged. I contacted them via email and they told me to mail it back and they would replace it. They received the card on Monday according to tracking info and haven't heard from them. So, I sent an email to them yesterday asking what the status was on the replacement. Haven't heard back.

lightakejerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kiaku said:
Thank god that shop closed down just in time. I was going to buy an acekard 2i from there since it was closer to me, but found out soon that it closed down. I decided to purchase from zhuzhuchina instead since it was cheaper and I've read good reviews about them. Now I'm just waiting until it reaches my mailbox :]

edit: typo
Hey,are you sure you're buying the latest AK2i? I checked but the picture in their website is an old version which has been stop production.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody have details, what happened?

Well, sorry to dredge up a somewhat old thread, but seeing as this particular forum isn't all that high-traffic anyway, I thought I'd mention it here. I've been shopping for a card recently, something I haven't done literally in years -- teetering between DSTWO and the ak2i. Well, strangely enough, and against all hope, I found a ak2i on sale on eBay. I kinda knew eBay had put the kibosh on the sale of flash cards a while back, but I just wasn't having any luck finding a retailer that would accept PayPal. This eBay seller actually has a 100-percent rating, and though they're relatively new on eBay (the beginning of this year), they've already satisfied a good number of customers. The user name, however, is different from the payee. The eBay user goes by the name of sandisdisk, but when I got my payment reciept, it said gameplay_fun. I immediately thought, "oh shit, what have I done." Hopefully, I get my stuff and what I paid for -- not some clone or misrepresented package. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I think perhaps with this particular user it's one of those cases of making a few bad decisions to try to get the word out there about yourself, though I don't sense they ever had any harmful intent.

Update: Not going to bump the thread, since the slow traffic in this forum suggests few people would care anyway, but for anyone still curious, I received my ak2i and microSD from the now-eBay seller who is gameplayfun. Card works on my 3DS out of the box, Sandisk microSD works fine, items got to me in about three days from the time of shipping (which was the next business day). The seller was also very considerate, keeping me update about when the item would ship and answering all my questions honestly. Trustworthy? Well, you'll have to decide for yourself if you're ever presented with the prospect of buying from this person. But I just wanted to relay my experience and offer a heads-up about what this person's up to now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu