Have you cut-down your gaming collection?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:glare: Getting back to the subject
If I know I'm at a point where I (probably) won't miss a game anymore I'll give it away to a friend.
The only problem with this is that when I want to go back and play old consoles I start looking around and wondering "Hey, where did I put that game I loved so much back then?" completely forgetting who I gave it to.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Must be because how much you like Sonic '06.
Sonic '06 is a very paradoxical game in my and my girlfriend's collection in the sense that we hate it the most out of all of the games we own and we bought the most copies of it because we kept losing the discs (and then magically finding them). I recently traded some in and now I think we only have two copies, one for the PS3 and one for the 360, but f*ck me, I wouldn't know - there was a time when we had five for some reason so I can't possibly be sure. :rofl2:

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My physical collection barely grows these days, when it does it's typically a sealed copy of a game I pirated, or a rare special edition. Like my lovely Tales of Symphonia Chronicles CE.

I still have most of my old games since I stopped trading in games once I got a job.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
About a month back, my girlfriend broke up with me (personal issues). This morning, I found my Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 case in my letterbox. The discs were all broken to pieces. So yeah...my game collection is 'cut down', all right.

This'll probably look funny when looked at it in hindsight. As it stands, I'm not exactly laughing. I loved that girl with all my heart...

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I have never sold a single game and I hope I'll never do. I love collecting stuff and even though I have some games twice on different platforms(Portal 2 Steam and PS3 physical, Demon's Souls physical and digital courtesy of PSPlus, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward physical on 3DS and digital on Vita courtesy of PSPlus again, Dragon's Crown Vita physical and PS3 and Vita digital PSPlus, Modnation Racers Road Trip physical and digital PSPlus, NFS Most Wanted Vita physical and digital thanks to EA being nice for once. I could go on and on.) I don't want to trade them because I love seeing the boxes and the sensation of having something physically to properly say "I have it". In fact, I bought Tales of Hearts R digitally when was on sale some weeks ago, but if I see an opportunity(Tales of Hearts R is a Gamestop exclusive, in my country there are no Gamestops) to purchase it physical, I'll do.

That being said, if my monetary situation gets bad and I have to, I'll have no choice but to sell the dupes.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I put away my mega drive cause I was using it any more... But I thought I'll come back to another day. And my mum thought it was thrash. What did my mum do?.....

She Throw in the bin.

I see have nightmares..

Now I keep all my consoles and games as they uncut diamond..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol