Have you ever bought something that you used once or twice and?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I actually ended up buying Hyrule Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 thinking I would enjoy them, but ended up hating them because my exes are horrible people who ruined them for me.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there's certainly a few games, recently i bought like 12 360 games during some buy 5 pay 2 deals at the local gamestop that i barely started up to check.

also have one of those wire/pipe/studfinders that i only used once.

some electrical razors i rarely use anymore, a usb fan that, when running, manages to disturb our cable (its probably using a spool and electromagnets).

3 patch cables of various wrong length.

a 15€ 'smartwatch' that was just so useless.

but other than that, not so much

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Loads of things.

2x 3ds XL BNIB never used
1x 2DS XL BNIB never used
1x PS4 slim BNIB once powered to check fw (5.03)
1X PSvita Slim Blue BNIB once powered to check fw (3.60)
1x Switch on 1.00 fw used once with Zelda BOW.

Plus loads of PS2 and Dreamcast games still sealed.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I recently tallied up all the games I've ever played/finished. I've got nearly 1000 games that I haven't played (as opposed to about 500 that I have played in my life :P ).

On hardware...vita, 3DS and xbox360. It's not entirely fair because I finished about 1-2 games on it each, but since then it's collecting dust.

Books are another thing that spark my collecting habit. I do snag some humble bundles (read: that collection in itself is 300+ in ebooks :P ), but my library used to have this "a book for 1 euro" deal when they wanted to get rid of old books. They've now changed to a system where 10 library visits nets you 4 of these old books. Result: at least 20 books that interest me but where I've read barely more than the cover. Even more hilarious: my girlfriend took me to a book fair ("boekenbeurs" in Dutch...I'm translating loosely). She bought one 30 page children's book with illustrations (don't ask). I got 3 or 4 brand new books, totalling over 1000 pages. I finished one of them, but can't even recall what the others were about (one is even packed as a present...I literally have no idea what's in it anymore :P ).

And one that is sort of caused by the situation: board games. You see, my current girlfriend doesn't like playing video games. It's really fun to play board games with her, but she seldomly wants to, and if so: rarely can be persuaded to a new game. Nonetheless, I've spend at least a couple hundreds of euro's on board games that haven't even left their packing yet (for over a YEAR!). This is obviously different as I want to play them, but getting people to come over is harder than it was when I was at school. :(

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My tools. Seriously someone needs to a invent a tool library.
There are tool hire shops that will go down to basic kits rather than just high end power tools, stuff like https://menssheds.org.uk/ / http://hackerspaces.org/ / https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/libraries-and-makerspaces/libraries-and-makerspaces , I think in my case I am that friend (ish, most of mine similarly sport full tool kits) but many will make an effort to know someone with tools and failing that you can probably get the old retired builder in to do something for a little bit of cash and a cup of tea if it is just a DIY/odd job type thing.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well um yes I actually have bought something and only used it once without actually saying what it is (lets just say its something in my special drawer at home lol) it cost quite a bit of money but was not very good. I would have had more fun sitting on the washing machine while it was switched on lol.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running shoes. I use them sometimes (once every few months). Between kids (and their activities), work, and my honeydo list, I don’t use them as much as I’d like. I really like running.

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Google Home mini, visited a friend around new year and he got it as a present. Was quite funny and i ordered one, too on the next day. used it for 1h I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo