Havent shopped for printers in a long time, dont know where to begin looking

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at the amiibo card topic and it looked really cool to make your own NFC cards but it didn't go into detail about printer setups and material and all that sort of stuff. So if I want to print high quality images onto cardstock would I want laser or inkjet (I forgot which one printed out better quality), also which is a good brand to go with that has the least amount of maintenance to deal with and cost effective long term? Would be ideal to get the print exactly like the amiibo boxes if possible.

I have no idea where to start looking so any suggestions on brands and such I'm open to suggestions.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go for an HP ink printer instead of a laser since the cards might look spotty? dotty? not sure of the word to use.
Ok so its inkjet that does the photo like quality? I'm trying to find comparison pics of the printouts online but I'm not finding any info or pics.

Also long term costs and low maintenance is important too.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so its inkjet that does the photo like quality? I'm trying to find comparison pics of the printouts online but I'm not finding any info or pics.

Also long term costs and low maintenance is important too.
Well laser printers are mostly used for text not images and the cartridges for laser are costly

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well laser printers are mostly used for text not images and the cartridges for laser are costly
Definitely sounds like Inkjet is for me then, I heard HP is a good brand but I wasnt sure if they were still the best compared to Epson or Canon and whatever other choices are out there. I'll just call up HP customer service tomorrow and get a suggestion on what they recommend for printing on cardstock, I'll keep looking into HP Inkjet printers in the meantime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64