Hacking Having issues installing PKG files

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i know. But still the ps4 wont see the usb harddrive no matter what, thats why u need a Big usb to install games from...

Edit: Or did i miss something ??

Correct you need flash memory, hdd support via usb is not working.

Maybe its a compatibility issue, cause I just plugged in my 120gb HDD 2.5" using a SATA to USB 3.0 adapter and works fine, I can see the pkgs in debug.

D

Deleted User

Maybe its a compatibility issue, cause I just plugged in my 120gb HDD 2.5" using a SATA to USB 3.0 adapter and works fine, I can see the pkgs in debug.

i doubt it but might be how he loaded exploit or payload format of hd etc ive tried quite a few fat32 and exfat drives

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry all, so here is everything i have done.

I followed this: http://wololo.net/2017/12/29/set-ps4-4-05-exploit-run-payloads-debug-settings-example/

I have the Al-Azif’s Easy PS4 Hosting Tool installed and successfully working on a windows 10 VM. I used the user guide, on the PS4 to launch the web browser. I then Have three options. I can't remember one of them, but the others are specter and something on the lines of "Vertex". Apologies, i don't have the console in front of me to the exact name. I used Specter originally. Then i sent over the payload from this link to allow web browser access without logging in to PSN. That worked.

http://wololo.net/2017/12/30/enable-web-browser-non-activated-ps4-4-05-permapatch/

After that, i sent over a payload to load debug settings (googled and grabbed it "full debug settings PS4". But i was getting errors loading ANY debug settings, so i reset my PS4. - I then went through the process again as above, except, i didn't load the Debug settings payload. Now i have view the debug settings without issue; but the PS4 doesn't detect when i plug in any USB flash drive or external HDD. Both have been formatted to FAT32 and EXFAT. Both drives only had one partition on them and the PKG file was in the root of the drive.

The front usb ports work fine because when i reset my PS4 and go through the initial setup, it asks me to plug the controller in via cable and continue, which sees the controller and charges it.

SO i am slightly puzzled.

If someone could help with either USB or FTP the PKG files over that would be great.

D

Deleted User

Sorry all, so here is everything i have done.

I followed this: http://wololo.net/2017/12/29/set-ps4-4-05-exploit-run-payloads-debug-settings-example/

I have the Al-Azif’s Easy PS4 Hosting Tool installed and successfully working on a windows 10 VM. I used the user guide, on the PS4 to launch the web browser. I then Have three options. I can't remember one of them, but the others are specter and something on the lines of "Vertex". Apologies, i don't have the console in front of me to the exact name. I used Specter originally. Then i sent over the payload from this link to allow web browser access without logging in to PSN. That worked.

http://wololo.net/2017/12/30/enable-web-browser-non-activated-ps4-4-05-permapatch/

After that, i sent over a payload to load debug settings (googled and grabbed it "full debug settings PS4". But i was getting errors loading ANY debug settings, so i reset my PS4. - I then went through the process again as above, except, i didn't load the Debug settings payload. Now i have view the debug settings without issue; but the PS4 doesn't detect when i plug in any USB flash drive or external HDD. Both have been formatted to FAT32 and EXFAT. Both drives only had one partition on them and the PKG file was in the root of the drive.

The front usb ports work fine because when i reset my PS4 and go through the initial setup, it asks me to plug the controller in via cable and continue, which sees the controller and charges it.

SO i am slightly puzzled.

If someone could help with either USB or FTP the PKG files over that would be great.

wrong payload you need ps4hen

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter when you plug it in.

Perfect. Tried again and it worked perfectly. - Formatted one of my external HDDs as FAT32 and I was able to install the PT demo within 10 seconds! - Thanks for your help.

My final question, how do I install PKGs over 4GB in size? - I won't be able to on my FAT32 external HDD due to the file system limit. exfat didn't work for me. does it work for others on 4.05? How about FTP transfer?

I have solved the exfat USB install. I think I will be happy with that for the meantime. Transfer speeds from my Mac to HDD and HDD to PS4 are insane.

Thanks very much for your help!

Last edited by jellybeangreen2,

tnt2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont even know what are you guys talking about, you confused me.... i used 8 , 16 gb sandisk usbs fat32 and work fine on left and right usb, used exfat 1 tb toshiba hdd, works fine, you must be doing something wrong

Legendsiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply:
IDC: for dumping games
spector: for HEN (installing and playing games)

Use exFat to install pkgs more than 4GB

Thats it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: