HaxxStation: DS Download Station exploit

13 years.

The original DS was released in 2004, and to this day, no hax for Download Play had been made.

Until now.

Gericom found an exploit in DS Download Station, allowing us to run any homebrew we'd like over DS download play.

Source code for dspatch: https://github.com/Gericom/dspatch

Enjoy!

Credits:
Exploit: shutterbug2000, Gericom, and Apache Thunder
Graphics: Jaames, Robz8

And if you want to load unsupported flashcarts on a DSi:

Yes.
Here's Apache Thunder's flashcard launchers edited for HaxxStation. @shutterbug2000 should put this in the first post.
https://www.odrive.com/s/23b9f39c-ae15-4c1b-8ff7-64344fa6f2d2-5939fc7f

Attachments

• dspatch.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 2,284
  • dspatchv1.1.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,727
Last edited by shutterbug2000,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Very neat project, thanks to this I realized that nobody seems to have written some wii homebrew to make use of its ds features, so I guess I'll get to it then and maybe even write some form of wii emulator that then does the same as ds download station to send over unsigned code directly from a wii. Oh and also, do you happen to have the hack somewhere explained in a bit more detail or some RE done of the download station protocol? That'd be cool :)

Clément

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Complete tutorial to make this to Haxxstation to work on TWLoader:

What you need:
DSPatch
Download Station Volume 1 (USA) - i will not give any links of this because its copyrighted content... try to find it

Step1: Compile your Custom Haxxstation with your Homebrew app do you want to use
-Go to your PC and download DSPatch
-Extract the Zip file to somewhere easy to reach with your windows terminal (something like this C:/dspatch/) but you can extract to your desktop if you want
-Open CMD (aka terminal/console/shell)
-Navigate to the directory you extracted (use like this "cd NAMEOFTHEFOLDER") ...btw be sure if your folders don't have spaces on the name
-Now just use this command "dspatch download_station.nds rom_to_boot.nds result.nds"
-Its an example what you should do
Czl1CSAdSTauyTWR-G4R5A.png

Step2: Copy the "result.nds" to your 3ds SDCard
-Just grab your result.nds to your SD:/roms/nds/

Step3: Configure and run from TWLoader

-Open TWLoader
-Go to the configuration Icon
-Press R
-Set Bootstrap has unOfficial
-Press Y to update your bootstrap
-Go back
-Run your custom download statation (aka HaxxStation)

(Have fun :D )
--------------

There some place we can download Grand dad NDS? Or there are some "copyright issues" ? :S
Thanks ! I think that would walk but i get this error
Error dspatch.png

Last edited by Clément, , Reason: Syntax

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

What you need:
DSPatch
Download Station Volume 1 (USA) - i will not give any links of this because its copyrighted content... try to find it

Step1: Compile your Custom Haxxstation with your Homebrew app do you want to use
-Extract the Zip file to somewhere easy to reach with your windows terminal (something like this C:/dspatch/) but you can extract to your desktop if you want
-Navigate to the directory you extracted (use like this "cd NAMEOFTHEFOLDER") ...btw be sure if your folders don't have spaces on the name
-Now just use this command "dspatch download_station.nds rom_to_boot.nds result.nds"

-Open TWLoader
-Press R
-Go back

--------------

There some place we can download Grand dad NDS? Or there are some "copyright issues" ? :S
OP should add this.

Reactions: tozevleal

Van28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

What you need:
DSPatch

-Open TWLoader
-Press R
-Go back

--------------

still white screen...
EDIT: i also tried to open the rom with Desmume and it loads correctly

Last edited by Van28,

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very neat project, thanks to this I realized that nobody seems to have written some wii homebrew to make use of its ds features, so I guess I'll get to it then and maybe even write some form of wii emulator that then does the same as ds download station to send over unsigned code directly from a wii. Oh and also, do you happen to have the hack somewhere explained in a bit more detail or some RE done of the download station protocol? That'd be cool :)
Thanks. It's strange that nobody looked into that indeed. I have not reversed the protocol yet, but I can sniff wifi packets with my raspberry pi and an usb wifi adapter, so I'm sure we can figure that out.

Maybe we could talk on discord. Send me a pm if you like.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT