Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
No. Original R4 can't be updated and DSTwo could. But it's FPGA related stuff/firmware updater has not been documented like how it is with most flashcart makers. There are quite a few newer carts with updatable firmware which this could theoretically work on. But the flashcart makers chose to make their stuff proprietary, encrypted, and closed source, so you pretty much have to RE all those carts yourself if you wanted to try and modify the internal roms they use.

The Acekard 2i is one of the few exceptions since it was reverse engineered successfully for the most part so we have flashers for it now. (mostly in the form of powerslaves or Decrypt9's Acekard menu).

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: reprep

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Credits to NoCash, Normmatt, Gericom, and StuckPixel for making this happen. I only found it. They looked deeper into the rabbit hole further then I could go myself. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if Gateway contacts you in the near future for a business opportunity :creep:

Last edited by GhostLatte,

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by Valery0p,

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot7strap? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(since you said that the buzz is made by an arm7 payload...)

More importantly, this is THE private dsi exploit robz and shutterbug were talking in these months?
Doesn't look like it; rather, this appears to be stemming off of the Acekard 2i autoboot work. If that's the case, it'll only work on system version 1.4.

Robz and Shutterbug's exploit was said to be a DSiWare based exploit, so if it comes out we'd be able to downgrade and use this one.

Reactions: Valery0p

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Doesn't look like it; rather, this appears to be stemming off of the Acekard 2i autoboot work. If that's the case, it'll only work on system version 1.4.

Robz and Shutterbug's exploit was said to be a DSiWare based exploit, so if it comes out we'd be able to downgrade and use this one.
Thanks, I've realized that by reading trough the "buzzhax" thread (you replied 1s before I edited my thread :P)
That's the best theory.

Last edited by Valery0p,

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it technically possible to transfer data between a flashcart SD and the 3DS SD? Using only the 3DS. I can think of a TWL app with DLDI driver support and TWL SD permissions.

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it technically possible to transfer data between a flashcart SD and the 3DS SD? Using only the 3DS. I can think of a TWL app with DLDI driver support and TWL SD permissions.

There was a thing called wood3ds, but it is buggy, unstable, works only with original r4 and I think the developers said it is more of a poc and they wouldn't support it.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by RocketRobz,

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so there's no way to inject ds roms into the 3ds yet?
it's been explained a long time ago that this isn't possible because regular roms are hardcoded to read from the cartridge so they will never work if installed to the internal memory like DSiware.
We need nds-bootstrap and TWLoader for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...