kedest

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to buy a new external HDD for use with the loader. I saw a nice 1TB one. So that's a whole lot of storage space.
So I was wondering, is there a maximum the loader can handle?

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you load games from both partitions if you split it into two?
(I've never used the USB loader, just a curiosity question)

Viro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can say from my experience so far with my 1TB, I can load ISOs from my PC to the HDD no problem, but dumping them to the HDD from the disc itself isn't working at the moment. I look forward to when the higher ones will be more compatible.

warfab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A note left for Western Digital SATA Hard Drive (1TB) + USB2.0 to SATA Bridge Adapter on USB Devices Compatibility List - 1TB

QUOTE said:
I confirmed wbfs_win.exe(wbfs windows port build 'delta') can install game into 1TB full size wbfs partition! ( *** ATTENTION *** USB Loader1.0/1.1 cannot install game into wbfs partition larger than 512GB(524,289MB), so if you install games from Wii DVD drive, you need to partition your Hard Drive in order that the partition size is smaller than 512GB.)

kornychaos said:
Can you load games from both partitions if you split it into two?
(I've never used the USB loader, just a curiosity question)

Hmmm... I wonder about that myself. Anyone tried making at least 2 WBFS on one HDD?

kedest

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well that's some useful information, thanks. It's good to see that the windows application can handle it. And I'm sure the loader will be updated to support it too.

wiiplayer2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I have added a few games from the wii and 1 from my hd using wfsb I have a question.

What would the better way be to add my iso backups? from the wii its self or using wfsb. I have noticed that when i added a few games from the wii its self the file sizes are really small, but when i added a game from wfsb it took the entire file size. and using the wii to do it on some games like Mario kart or super Mario galaxy it said the eta was over an hour. I don't want to burn out my wii so whats the best way to add the games and does it really matter for file sizes or will wfsb 2.2.2 shrink them for me as well somehow? I also have rawdump 2.1 on my pc as well to rip the game onto my pc with my lg drive.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
making the loader switch between partitions (why stop at 2?) would be easy.
but someone needs to get kwiirk to verify the maximum partition size.

just because you can write a value higher than 512 into the partition-table does not mean it will be written to.
it may be that once you go over 512 the filesystem will wrap and start overwriting your original stuff at the start of the partition.

that problem happened on the xbox.
frown.gif

opium2k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
i'm using a 1tb mybook
i found that as long as my wbfs partition was 512gb or less i could write to it using the wii and a disc but if i partitioned it from my pc and made the wbfs a full 1tb i could only copy iso's to it from the computer and not directly from the loader using the wii

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
i'd like someone with a terrabyte drive to put over 512gig of games on it,
then test the first & last 5.
biggrin.gif

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steve-p said:
i'd like someone with a terrabyte drive to put over 512gig of games on it,
then test the first & last 5.
biggrin.gif
if they were to do that, it would mean that they would have somewhere in the range of 300-400 games.. Know anyone with that amount of games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: