Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DarkAura said:
shaunj66 said:
Creative EP 630 are the BEST earphones I've ever used. Brilliant brilliant brilliant!
Can you explain why Shaun? Mine recently just died, like the jack is messed up, so I need a new pair, and I loved the ones I had, although the quality sucked but the noise cancellation was pretty good.

These WERE mine:
530R-58-DRNC6.jpg

Like I said, good for noise cancellation, quality is meh.

That doesn't look like it's made to block out any noise. The earpads are resting against your ear, but it's design is made to leak, and not isolate.

Lol, Sony.

None of the sony phones under 60 bucks are actually any good. And even some of the ones above the price aren't any good. Their IEMs aren't so great, and isn't worth buying. However, their more expensive phones are great.

Their good phones under 70 bucks is the Sony MDR-V6.

Also, if you're still considering Bose, read this.

"Audio forums tend to talk about the non-linear frequency response of certain Bose systems. A reviewer in PC Magazine stated that he believes Bose is not a producer of high-end audio systems, because it didn't fulfill his expectations of what a high-end system should be. (Widely-accepted performance characteristics of 'high-end' audio systems typically include a flat frequency response curve throughout the audible spectrum, and precise impulse response.) Audio enthusiasts frequently criticize Bose in online forums, accusing it of overpricing its products and criticizing the sound produced by Bose products. In addition, Bose products are not sold at many stores which specialize in high-end audio and home theater. Bose does not publish specific technical specifications (impedance, sensitivity, range, sound pressure levels) on either of their packages and/or their website and as of November 21, 2006, none of Bose's products are THX certified."

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off, if you're going to buy the headphones to use with your Ipod, forget about buying those Sennheisers. You're gonna look like an idiot in public and you won't even get much for the money you pay since iPods don't have great sound quality to begin with. Those headphones are for professional use, like recording and mixing. I think the most casual and good quality headphones you can get are Bose, but they are way too overpriced. I would say that you should consider ear canal headphones. Right now I use Sennheiser CX500 and I have to say, they're friggin amazing. Very good sound isolation and great quality. You can only get a certain amount of isolation from over-the-head phones. If you're buying headphones for fashion, those aren't for you to begin with. You should rather get Skullcandy =]

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Icarus said:
First off, if you're going to buy the headphones to use with your Ipod, forget about buying those Sennheisers. You're gonna look like an idiot in public and you won't even get much for the money you pay since iPods don't have great sound quality to begin with. Those headphones are for professional use, like recording and mixing. I think the most casual and good quality headphones you can get are Bose, but they are way too overpriced. I would say that you should consider ear canal headphones. Right now I use Sennheiser CX500 and I have to say, they're friggin amazing. Very good sound isolation and great quality. You can only get a certain amount of isolation from over-the-head phones. If you're buying headphones for fashion, those aren't for you to begin with. You should rather get Skullcandy =]
Why don't Ipod's have 'good sound quality to begin with'? I honestly don't care what I look like publicly. I want nice, over-ear, headphones... I want nice bass, at a price range of around 100-400 US dollars. I'm going into Best Buy tomorrow to try some headphones out, but I don't think your suggestions are valid. You suggest Bose headphones, but then knock them down for being overpriced. Then you suggest Skull Candy headphones, which I've already purchased and thoroughly dislike. You should read the whole thread before suggesting headphones that I won't buy.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One word of advice, though. Don't cheap out and try to buy sennheiser through ebay or third-party amazon sellers. There are alot of imitation/fake sennheisers floating around and you will not receive the customer support even if they're legit but bought from unauthorized sennheiser dealers.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm just trying to give you some advice because I've been looking for over-the-head headphones for months but then decided that they weren't as good as I thought. Ipod is just a portable Mp3 player. If you're gonna spend 400 bucks over an headphone, you might as well use it professionally[like mixing and recording as I said before], because as I said, the headphone can enchance your music experience only to some point.

If you truly don't care how you look like in the public, you definitely should get Sennheiser HD 280. They're pretty awesome but also sooooo damn huge. I used to own one but the only reason why I sold it is the size. You can find it around $99 on Newegg. Bass is great too if that's what you're looking for.

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/sennhei...?tag=prod.txt.1

Bose is a great headphone, but it's overpriced. I wouldn't spend that much money over an headphone, but if you can, go for it !!! Especially the QuietComfort 2 look awesome and they feel really good on your ear. But again, they are $300+

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/bose-qu...7-21165521.html

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue with the Bose headphones is mostly build quality (because some people like the way they sound, it's just a matter of opinion). I just remember some guy on my ship rocking a brand new pair of Bose triport headphones in the lounge, then not a week later, the same guy was in the lounge again listening to music except he had to hold the pads to his ear since one side broke off. I asked him if I could take a look, and those things are flimsy. Not what I would expect for paying $100+. The 555's I bought are totally sturdy and I paid $96 for them from amazon.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz said:
DarkAura said:
shaunj66 said:
Creative EP 630 are the BEST earphones I've ever used. Brilliant brilliant brilliant!
Can you explain why Shaun? Mine recently just died, like the jack is messed up, so I need a new pair, and I loved the ones I had, although the quality sucked but the noise cancellation was pretty good.

These WERE mine:
530R-58-DRNC6.jpg

Like I said, good for noise cancellation, quality is meh.

That doesn't look like it's made to block out any noise. The earpads are resting against your ear, but it's design is made to leak, and not isolate.

Lol, Sony.
It looks like it, but like it actually blocks out some noise. If you don'tt have any music on and turn on the headphones, it sounds like everything is muffled and coming from behind you. I dunno, they were my first headphones, so I liked them alot.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, thanks for the help guys.
smile.gif
I just bought the Sennheiser HD 555s at Ultimate Electronics for 127 dollars. I've only been listening to them for an hour, but I really like them so far, and they are pretty comfortable. The bass isn't too heavy, but they sound nice. Thanks again.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
i'd go for bose or sennheiser. I have some sennheiser HD202 headphones and they rock. I cant say how much because I've had an ear infection and been deaf in my right ear for a month now!
frown.gif

their good in the left though!

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought Sennheiser CX300 in-ear phones because they had such huge popularity. I found they were amazing at first but after a few weeks they sucked bad.

I just found a mini review I made of them on Amazon here.

I would like to buy some new earphones, but like it is with video cameras, everyone's like "get these", "no, this is better", "these are the cheapest", "overpriced but amazing"... you just don't know until you actually try them out for yourself.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
juggernaut911 said:
i'd go for bose or sennheiser. I have some sennheiser HD202 headphones and they rock. I cant say how much because I've had an ear infection and been deaf in my right ear for a month now!
frown.gif

Lol. I just can't stop bashing Bose products. Here's another good recommendation from a user from Head-Fi.

"Bose is not an issue of bang for the buck. People assume you get quality for money. That is not the case with Bose. I've listened to and own a few good headphones and Bose would still be a bad proposition at $19.99. Bose headphones do not sound good."

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
juggernaut911 said:
frown.gif

Lol. I just can't stop bashing Bose products. Here's another good recommendation from a user from Head-Fi.

"Bose is not an issue of bang for the buck. People assume you get quality for money. That is not the case with Bose. I've listened to and own a few good headphones and Bose would still be a bad proposition at $19.99. Bose headphones do not sound good."
My friend is a complete Bose whore, and I can't convince him that they plain suck. I wish I had some sort of fact that would blow his mind, I know that they have linear frequencies and are overpriced.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cupajoe38 said:
ojsinnerz said:
juggernaut911 said:
frown.gif

My friend is a complete Bose whore, and I can't convince him that they plain suck. I wish I had some sort of fact that would blow his mind, I know that they have linear frequencies and are overpriced.

To tell you the truth, he's never gonna change.

I have a friend just like yours, except he whores the Skullcandy. He thought my Koss ones were too techy looking, and said the sound will suck, because it looks too complicated. I heard his "amazing" skullcandy lowriders, and thought they were a piece of shit. No bass, horribly muddy sound, full of fanboys (Ipod fanboys, think of. The ones that have no knowledge whatsoever, and come up with some random bullshit.), and felt really cheap. 2 other friends of mine, who uses the old Shure E2C, and the Sennheiser PX100, both told him it sucks, after hearing it. The skullcandy guy said "Well, mine looks better, and it still sounds better, In my opinion." We walked away, and we all laughed.

He certainly isn't a bad guy. He's really nice and all, but that's his problem. We also never managed to convince him that it's a shitty product.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I understand this isn't the point of the topic, but I've had good success with my $10 Sony plastic-hook-over-your-ear headphones. They don't really fit in my ear because I'm a giant, but they do what I need them to. I haven't had a pair of big phones in a long while (and never get wireless, oh my God...) and I passed up some aviation headgear for $5 a while back. I'm kicking myself now because even if it was bad sound quality, it'd still look cool.

Wireless phones = bad sound quality, the specific pair I had had no indicator of what frequency you're transmitting/receiving, and after a while, you eventually can't get the transmitter to get in sync with the headphones. Oh yeah, and eventually the charger crapped out so I couldn't even use them at all. You couldn't use your own batteries, sorry kids! The only good thing about them was the "I can listen to my computer away from it!" but it was a novelty at best.

I picked up a cell phone conversation once with them...

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ackers said:
I bought Sennheiser CX300 in-ear phones because they had such huge popularity. I found they were amazing at first but after a few weeks they sucked bad.

I would like to buy some new earphones, but like it is with video cameras, everyone's like "get these", "no, this is better", "these are the cheapest", "overpriced but amazing"... you just don't know until you actually try them out for yourself.
Where did you get them from and how much did you pay? I ask because this is one of the models that are being sold as genuine although they are fake unless you buy from an authorized dealer.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
layzieyez said:
Ackers said:

Where did you get them from and how much did you pay? I ask because this is one of the models that are being sold as genuine although they are fake unless you buy from an authorized dealer.
I bought mine from an amazon seller for about £15. I think they were genuine although mine might have well of been fake cuz they are shite.
wink.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mr Malice said:
frown.gif
I must be the only one who loves my Skullcandy Headphones. Why don't you guys like them? I haven't had a problem with mine. Sounds great and as the one poster said earlier, they're something that won't make you look like an idiot.

To be brutally honest, I really don't see what's so good in them. I've heard 3 different Skullcandies, and they've all disappointed at their price range. They're made for nothing but fashion senses.

If you listen to Sennheiser PX100, Koss porta pro, or anything better, you can actually hear the difference. True, it doesn't make you look like some dork, but certainly, there are good headphones that don't make you look like a dork of any kind. Like the Sennheiser one. It looks like another cheap headphones, but its sound does not disappoint, given at that price range.

As for me, I can only tell the difference, if I hear both phones long enough. That being said, after the 20 hours of uses of the porta pro, the Skullcandy lowriders sounded absolutely shitty. No bass, horribly muddy and dirty sounds in general. It sounded like I was litening to some sort of tv full of static. Extremely muffled, I would say. Usually, I would try to hear the other phones for around 10-20 minutes to compare, but I couldn't stand listening to it.

So, I really cannot recommend the skullcandy. However, their IEMs are just above average. I don't recommend those, but I'm not against it, like their full-sized headphones.

Ktaro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ever played the game Persona 3 for PS2? The main character has a pair of cool headphonesI liked so I looked it up in real life and poof you could buy them!
biggrin.gif
I bought myself a cuple of those and I'm really satisfied with not just the soudn but they look cool as hell too ^^ Persona 3 headphones
[small][AnimePaper]wallpapers_Persona_Kisaragi-Zeet(1.33)__THISRES__65274.jpg
oh by the way the market name for the headphones is ATH-EM700 SV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays