• Likes 1

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make that work using Trillian?

I'm pretty sure Trillian has an IRC plugin included with the install, I haven't used it for a while (I'm using Pidgin now) but I vaguely remember IRC on Trillian.
Oh, and this is from irc-junkie.org:
QUOTESome things never change, and new serious exploits in the IRC code of Trillian is one of them.

This new exploit allows remote interception of private messages, and execute code as the currently logged in user on Windows as well.

Another bug allows the CTCP PING command to be used to send "sensitive information" (at the time of writing this article we were unable to find out what this type of information is) to the malicious user executing the exploit.

Not done yet, as another separate exploit uses a overflow bug with highlighted URL's that allows execution of code as well.

To solve the problem, users are advised to upgrade to version 3.1.5.0 a.s.a.p.. IRC-Junkie would instead like to advise users of Trillian to not use it for IRC at all. In the past Trillian's IRC code have been plagued many times by serious exploits.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been seeing this topic quite a lot... read a few tidbits but haven't replied. I just find it funny the amount of attention a thread like this gets due to the member being female. ANYWAYS...

You sure do know how to get a lot of attention, Warcueid, and you are welcome any time to join the IRC channel. Grabbing something like mIRC is the best solution, but if you really can't be bothered, a n00bish alternative is something like chat.efnet.org which should suit your needs, I suppose. Just remember the channel is #GBAtemp.net
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
What's Pidgin? Is it better than Trillian? I've had comments from friends that when I use Trillian, they don't receive some of my messages that I send, and apparently, I don't receive some of theirs either.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's Pidgin? Is it better than Trillian? I've had comments from friends that when I use Trillian, they don't receive some of my messages that I send, and apparently, I don't receive some of theirs either.

i personally like Trillion more, although most of the time i just use AIM >__< instead of opening up Trillion
tongue.gif
im sometimes amazed at my laziness
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, i like Trillian a lot, but the problem is, I've been getting really weird glitches lately. For example, my AIM pic usually doesn't show up, I sometimes don't receive the messages that were sent to me, etc. D:

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
If you want to get a sampling of what people are using, why not make a topic in Off-Topic Chat or Polls...
You'd get a better response than asking in the Introductions area, and it might help some folks that are wondering the same thing.

Just a thought.
smile.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Not admonishing.. just saying it would make an interesting topic unto itself.
I'd tell you what I'm using for chat & irc.. but I'm one of those arrogant bastards with a Macintosh.
*elevates nose*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.