Sr. G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Good day,
i transferred my emunand from my old SD card (4GB sandisk class 4) to my new SD card (16GB kingston class 10) and tried to install Fire Emblem Fate and it failed, i tried to more times and the same error so i tried with a game than i played before (Zelda Majora's Mask) and the same error (I played majora's in my old SD card) i tried to install the games with big blue menu and the same problem (i installed big blue menu in my new sd card using FBI and no problem, but when i try to install a game it fail.) i can play the games than are alredy installed and save and delete it but i can't install new games

the error is this:

"Install Failed!
Could not install app.
Raw Error: 0xd9004586
Module: FS(0x11)
Level: Permanent (0x1b)
Sumary: Wrong argument (0x8)
Description: Unknown Description (0x186)

Press Start to continue"

anyone know what i can do?

PD: i used this tutorial to transfer the emunand https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

Last edited by Sr. G,

Sr. G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Sr. G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Why don't you just restart you're emuNAND using Tiny Format and see if that works, if that doesn't then just re-install your emuNAND, and this time do rxTools, so much more fun.

i tried to install tinyformat and give me the same error than when i try to install games... i wanna cry :c

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i tried to install tinyformat and give me the same error than when i try to install games... i wanna cry :c
XD Oh yah forgot about that part, Hmmm this is some srsly scary stuff....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok then just install an emuNAND again

Sr. G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Install Big blue menu cia. Start it on your emunand home menu, and normally, it will work (i guess)...

how i said, it doesn't work. i tried with big blue menu but it fail too, just like FBI :c
i'm reinstalling the emunand, wish me luck :C

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
how i said, it doesn't work. i tried with big blue menu but it fail too, just like FBI :c
i'm reinstalling the emunand, wish me luck :C
I salute you
th

Sr. G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
and nothing, i reinstall the emunand and all but nothing.
this time is worst, it doesn't show me all games, only show me Majora's and bigblue menu and can't install it.
i'm going to cry....

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
and nothing, i reinstall the emunand and all but nothing.
this time is worst, it doesn't show me all games, only show me Majora's and bigblue menu and can't install it.
i'm going to cry....
Ok less drama more doing.

Can you use the other SD card?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to assume your new card is formatted to fat32... so use SD formatter on it and be sure to use the resizing option and complete (slow) format. Then copy everything over again and use emunand tool on the PC to dump emunand from the first card and inject to the new card. And... make sure the tab on the side of the card didn't slip (making your card read only).

Sr. G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok less drama more doing.

Can you use the other SD card?

i returned to my old SD card (4G Sandisk class 4) and i can install games from there :c

I'm going to assume your new card is formatted to fat32... so use SD formatter on it and be sure to use the resizing option and complete (slow) format. Then copy everything over again and use emunand tool on the PC to dump emunand from the first card and inject to the new card. And... make sure the tab on the side of the card didn't slip (making your card read only).

i'm prety sure than is in FAT32, i will format again and try to transfer the old emunand again.

EDIT: i'm using a microSD card and using the same adapter for both
i'm using the tutorial than i linked in first post to "dump" emunand do you recomended another one?

Last edited by Sr. G,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i returned to my old SD card (4G Sandisk class 4) and i can install games from there :c

i'm prety sure than is in FAT32, i will format again and try to transfer the old emunand again.

EDIT: i'm using a microSD card and using the same adapter for both
i'm using the tutorial than i linked in first post to "dump" emunand do you recomended another one?
use the emunandtool (on the PC) to dump and restore emunand. You have to have already done a complete emunand setup on the new card first (creating the proper partition for it).

But no matter what, using an mSD with Adapter on an o3ds is never recommended. I don't care if the adapter worked with a different card. Actual SD cards can be cheaper and faster anyway.

Sr. G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
use the emunandtool (on the PC) to dump and restore emunand. You have to have already done a complete emunand setup on the new card first (creating the proper partition for it).

But no matter what, using an mSD with Adapter on an o3ds is never recommended. I don't care if the adapter worked with a different card. Actual SD cards can be cheaper and faster anyway.

let me find this emunandtool for do it.

i know about that but in this contry hardly you find food, you can imagine how hard is find a SD Card

ZeroShift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're running FBI from Health and Safety then it's technically a CIA.

Do you not have FBI/BBM installed as a native CIA?

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iirc, bbm pops out the same error when you reinstall a game after recover emunand, it actually relink the data in Nintendo3ds folder to your recovered emunand.
press ok when the error pop out, go back the home menu, the game should show up now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1