Emulator Help compiling latest commits of Wii64?

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: SaulFabre

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep to both questions. here's my environmental variables:

1647540418824.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems you're just missing libfat actually. Try to copy libfat.a and fat.h, libfatversion.h from standard libogc in your libogc2 folder.
You may need to compile it yoursef: https://github.com/devkitPro/libfat/releases
that was it. it was libfat.a specifically, so I did a cp -r to copy the files for cube and wii, since each has a version, to libogc2:

1647549470413.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
success also with build.bat. btw, @SaulFabre , I think that error you got with the elf2dol is due to not having C:\devkitpro\tools\bin in environmental path. I had the same problem with compiling one of these things, though the elf was created just like yours. I don't have that set in Linux, and somehow it still worked. wouldn't work in windows though without that.

1647552300700.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to keep bumping this thread, but I got gamecube working as well by creating the gamecube folder in release. it will say it can't find the folder otherwise. I guess they forgot to include it:

1647554192172.png

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
success also with build.bat. btw, @SaulFabre , I think that error you got with the elf2dol is due to not having C:\devkitpro\tools\bin in environmental path. I had the same problem with compiling one of these things, though the elf was created just like yours. I don't have that set in Linux, and somehow it still worked. wouldn't work in windows though without that.

View attachment 302170
what is the name of the variable for that path? i want to add that to my PC so i won't need to use elf2dol manually :P

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i still get the error
c:\sysgcc\powerpc-eabi\powerpc-eabi\sys-include\sys\dirent.h:10:2: error: #error "<dirent.h> not supported"
#error "<dirent.h> not supported"

im on windows and saulfabre gave me his devkitpro folder so i know i have all the files needed and yet i get this error and the dols dont compile for me any help?

full changelog here

Last edited by pedro702,

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey there @godreborn

Since i got devkitPro 3.0.3 and devkitPPC r40-3 i think some apps won't compile correctly unless i get a earlier version such devkitPPC r39

Could you send me your entire devkitPro folder from your C: drive please in a PM (private message)?

Thanks ;)

PD: I'm using on Windows.

Reactions: pedro702

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there @godreborn

Since i got devkitPro 3.0.3 and devkitPPC r40-3 i think some apps won't compile correctly unless i get a earlier version such devkitPPC r39

Could you send me your entire devkitPro folder from your C: drive please in a PM (private message)?

Thanks ;)

PD: I'm using on Windows.
yes, it might take a bit though. I have like 180,000 files or in my devkitpro folder, since I've installed A LOT and have managed to compile about 20 things at this point.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
yes, it might take a bit though. I have like 180,000 files or in my devkitpro folder, since I've installed A LOT and have managed to compile about 20 things at this point.
but just make a 7z file of your entire devkitPro folder and send to me via PM ;)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the file was too large for sending it through pm. I also tried a .7z, but it also said it was too large. I think it's because there are so many files in it as it's 2.17GB compressed via ultra. I'm uploading it to mediafire now, but it's slow due to that.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the file was too large for sending it through pm. I also tried a .7z, but it also said it was too large. I think it's because there are so many files in it as it's 2.17GB compressed via ultra. I'm uploading it to mediafire now, but it's slow due to that.
any chance you can help me im on windows and i got this error when using build.bat

C:\Users\pedro\Desktop\Wii64-master>make -f Makefile.Rice_wiivc --jobs=5
powerpc-eabi-g++ -DRICE_GFX -DWII -DHW_RVL -DUSE_EXPANSION -D__wii__ -DRVL_LIBWIIDRC -g -O3 -Wall -Wno-parentheses -Wno-unused-parameter -pipe -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -I/opt/devkitpro/libogc2/include -I/opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/include -DGEKKO -D__GX__ -DUSE_GUI -DRELEASE -DMENU_V2 -DTHREADED_AUDIO -DUSE_RECOMP_CACHE -DPPC_DYNAREC -DFASTMEM -DNO_ASM -c -o TextureArchive/ArchiveReader.o TextureArchive/ArchiveReader.cpp
powerpc-eabi-g++ -DRICE_GFX -DWII -DHW_RVL -DUSE_EXPANSION -D__wii__ -DRVL_LIBWIIDRC -g -O3 -Wall -Wno-parentheses -Wno-unused-parameter -pipe -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -I/opt/devkitpro/libogc2/include -I/opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/include -DGEKKO -D__GX__ -DUSE_GUI -DRELEASE -DMENU_V2 -DTHREADED_AUDIO -DUSE_RECOMP_CACHE -DPPC_DYNAREC -DFASTMEM -DNO_ASM -c -o Rice_GX/OGLGraphicsContext.o Rice_GX/OGLGraphicsContext.cpp
powerpc-eabi-g++ -DRICE_GFX -DWII -DHW_RVL -DUSE_EXPANSION -D__wii__ -DRVL_LIBWIIDRC -g -O3 -Wall -Wno-parentheses -Wno-unused-parameter -pipe -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -I/opt/devkitpro/libogc2/include -I/opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/include -DGEKKO -D__GX__ -DUSE_GUI -DRELEASE -DMENU_V2 -DTHREADED_AUDIO -DUSE_RECOMP_CACHE -DPPC_DYNAREC -DFASTMEM -DNO_ASM -c -o Rice_GX/Debugger.o Rice_GX/Debugger.cpp
powerpc-eabi-g++.exe: fatal error: cannot execute 'cc1plus': CreateProcess: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
powerpc-eabi-g++ -DRICE_GFX -DWII -DHW_RVL -DUSE_EXPANSION -D__wii__ -DRVL_LIBWIIDRC -g -O3 -Wall -Wno-parentheses -Wno-unused-parameter -pipe -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -I/opt/devkitpro/libogc2/include -I/opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/include -DGEKKO -D__GX__ -DUSE_GUI -DRELEASE -DMENU_V2 -DTHREADED_AUDIO -DUSE_RECOMP_CACHE -DPPC_DYNAREC -DFASTMEM -DNO_ASM -c -o Rice_GX/Video.o Rice_GX/Video.cpp
powerpc-eabi-g++.exe: fatal error: cannot execute 'cc1plus': CreateProcess: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [<builtin>: TextureArchive/ArchiveReader.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [<builtin>: Rice_GX/OGLGraphicsContext.o] Error 1
compilation terminated.
make: *** [<builtin>: Rice_GX/Debugger.o] Error 1
compilation terminated.
make: *** [<builtin>: Rice_GX/Video.o] Error 1

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if that's a ppc issue or not like the one @SaulFabre had. I could send you my devkitpro folder like I did with him. I put it in trash, so I'll need to know if you're interested so that I can readd it. after you get it, I'll delete it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool