Emulator Help compiling latest commits of Wii64?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not sure if that's a ppc issue or not like the one @SaulFabre had. I could send you my devkitpro folder like I did with him. I put it in trash, so I'll need to know if you're interested so that I can readd it. after you get it, I'll delete it again.
i could use it if you want to share

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so i can compile it now and i noticed something there are some hacks in gamehacks.c in main folder that are called upon in timer.c but emukid disabled them, those hacks were for pokemon snap,top gear hyperbike and top gear overdrive, if you actualy get the old wii64 1.1 both top gear games do run albeit with errors while for me snap didnt do anything diferent, the thing is if you enable those again back again you cant compile the dols, emukid himself disabled them on commit details so i guess he didnt change the way they work so they give errors on compilling or something.

It would be cool to get those hacks fixed and compilable imo specialy for both top gear games, with the fixes made to the emulator since 1.1 maybe they would be perfect even, so if anyone knows why those hacks cnat be compiled it would help.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
so i can compile it now and i noticed something there are some hacks in gamehacks.c in main folder that are called upon in timer.c but emukid disabled them, those hacks were for pokemon snap,top gear hyperbike and top gear overdrive, if you actualy get the old wii64 1.1 both top gear games do run albeit with errors while for me snap didnt do anything diferent, the thing is if you enable those again back again you cant compile the dols, emukid himself disabled them on commit details so i guess he didnt change the way they work so they give errors on compilling or something.

It would be cool to get those hacks fixed and compilable imo specialy for both top gear games, with the fixes made to the emulator since 1.1 maybe they would be perfect even, so if anyone knows why those hacks cnat be compiled it would help.
nice discover @pedro702

so you would try doing that for gamehacks? Seeing that also you work for compiling Nintendont by @FIX94 (a GC/Triforce game loader for Wii)... :)

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
i tried but i couldnt get it to work and i only know very basic knowledge of codding, this seems out of my league lol.
i understand @pedro702

i also have very basic knowledge of coding, but with test and mistakes we will still learn more about coding. ;)

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i think i was able to add @FIX94's fix of audio and reimplement Sync to Audio when LimitVIs is set to 0 in my another source code:
https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/Wii64/tree/wii64-wiiflow-audiofix/

First i reverted your changes since it didn't work, then i've added FIX94's changes in audio settings.
I'm compiling it right now with devkitPPC r39.
you need to delete your settings.cfg on your wii64 folder and then save the settings to see if its saving correctly and the save is limitvis = 0

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
you need to delete your settings.cfg on your wii64 folder and then save the settings to see if its saving correctly and the save is limitvis = 0
@pedro702

About this, could you test my recent Beta3 for see if the booping audio issue was fixed by reimplementing the Sync to Audio setting when LimitVIs is in 0 (from @FIX94's fork)?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii64-beta-1-3-with-wiiflow-compatibility.609418/

PD: Trying it for a little i saw that the games are going too fast (at least when i use the normal dol files and not the WiiVC dol files).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@pedro702

About this, could you test my recent Beta3 for see if the booping audio issue was fixed by reimplementing the Sync to Audio setting when LimitVIs is in 0 (from @FIX94's fork)?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii64-beta-1-3-with-wiiflow-compatibility.609418/

PD: Trying it for a little i saw that the games are going too fast (at least when i use the normal dol files and not the WiiVC dol files).
well i only used the wiivc files, tbh i have no idea why there is a need to have both, wiivc files work just as well on wii and wiiu, unless you want to save like 3kb by not compilling the wiiu gamepad for wii lol

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
well i only used the wiivc files, tbh i have no idea why there is a need to have both, wiivc files work just as well on wii and wiiu, unless you want to save like 3kb by not compilling the wiiu gamepad for wii lol
but did the booping audio issue has fixed? :P

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
for me they did, no more static noises on wiiu with zero and im guessing the same for wii since when emukid made those dols i tested them on my old wii and they performed the exact same.
are you sure? because my friend @Zorg1996 tested my Beta3 and he saw that the games ran too fast. He's using original Wii. Tested with both versions (Wii and WiiVC) but still speed issue.

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I've tried Donkey Kong 64 on an SRL configured for usb, using saul's Wii64 1.3 beta3, and the game runs too fast with both normal .dol and vc.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
are you sure? because my friend @Zorg1996 tested my Beta3 and he saw that the games ran too fast. He's using original Wii. Tested with both versions (Wii and WiiVC) but still speed issue.
what about testing only the original 1.3 not the beta and put limitvis = 0? that is what im running now the wiivc versions worked fine for me on vwii regular vwii mode and wiivc inject mode, not sure if you changed anything in there.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
what about testing only the original 1.3 not the beta and put limitvis = 0? that is what im running now the wiivc versions worked fine for me on vwii regular vwii mode and wiivc inject mode, not sure if you changed anything in there.
So i tested original Wii64 1.3 and these are the results:

Wii normal dols when LimitVIs=0 the games run too fast
WiiVC dols even when LimitVIs=0 the games run at normal speed

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

yeah like i said even on original wii the wiivc dol runs normal speed and fixed sound, im guessing its due to those 2 checks if wiiu gamepad is used in audio c you either always activate those or just compile the wiivc dols for everyone since it makes no diferent if the wiiu gamepad library is compiled for wii64 on the wii i mean its like 2 or 3 kb diference at best.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
l you have seen the videos see the speed of the games

tried these settings in the settings.cfg file and they all work without audio distortion and normal speed
wii64-glN64
wii64-Rice
LimitVIs = 1

wii64-glN64-wiivc
wii64-Rice-wiivc
LimitVIs = 0

Last edited by matto21,
  • Love

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
l you have seen the videos see the speed of the games

tried these settings in the settings.cfg file and they all work without audio distortion and normal speed
wii64-glN64
wii64-Rice
LimitVIs = 1

wii64-glN64-wiivc
wii64-Rice-wiivc
LimitVIs = 0

not all games audio issues, smash bros is the main offender try limitvis to 1 and play super smash bros

even until now not all games gave the static issues only some.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER