猫。子猫です!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Alright, smarties... I done goofed. I'll keep it short. I have (had) a soft modded Xbox system. Received a hardmodded system today. Moved my HDD from the softmod into the hardmodded system. Had some fuss, but all is running well. However, along the way I forgot to take any steps to ensure I could install something in the softmodded system. Well, now I've got no drives. I need help. I've been reading insanely vague responses, but have not gotten closer. Can I use my hardmodded system to prep a drive for the other (softmod) Xbox? Both systems have nulled eeproms.

I'd be up for a TSOP flashing (It's either a 1.0 or 1.1 board)... But..

1. I'm slow when it comes to this.

2. I have no access to the tools required.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You can prep a HDD on a chipped box for a softmodded box.
Since both HDD keys are zeroed out, just fill in a bunch of zeros when locking the drive.

So, would I just pop a new drive in my hardmod. Set it up, then run it through chimp to lock it with zeroes? Or...

Also, since the other box is softmodded, I would have to install a softmod on the new one?

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Good luck!
Which adapter did you get?
The Startech one. It's what was recommended the first time, and apparently is regarded as the best choice. The challenge for me was finding an 80 wire IDE cable that ships through prime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1