Homebrew Help Re-Installing New Freakyhax/Homebrew (Updated my Firmware)

Th0tzilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope this is the right place to ask this, and that I don't sound insanely stupid. I updated my 3DS firmware version without thinking and I've downloaded the newest versions of the otherapp payload, freakyhax, and the homebrew starter kit. I'm not even sure if I need to do all of this, or if otherapp payload/HBSK even need updates, but now that I open up the SD card I don't know what to delete in order to replace it with the new files. I don't know if this image helps at all, but this is what it looks like currently. I haven't touched it since v1 and my current 3DS version is OLD11.6.0-39U. I'm so sorry if I got some of the terminology wrong, I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you so much in advance.
gddfgdfgd.PNG

Last edited by Th0tzilla,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope this is the right place to ask this, and that I don't sound insanely stupid. I updated my 3DS firmware version without thinking and I've downloaded the newest versions of the otherapp payload, freakyhax, and the homebrew starter kit. I'm not even sure if I need to do all of this, or if otherapp payload/HBSK even need updates, but now that I open up the SD card I don't know what to delete in order to replace it with the new files. I don't know if this image helps at all, but this is what it looks like currently. I haven't touched it since v1 and my current 3DS version is OLD11.6.0-39U. I'm so sorry if I got some of the terminology wrong, I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you so much in advance.View attachment 111286
just follow the instructions here freakyhax - 3DS homebrew exploit and if/when you get a "copy and replace" prompt refuse and delete it manually then replace the file(s)

Th0tzilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just follow the instructions here and if/when you get a "copy and replace" prompt refuse and delete it manually then replace the file(s)
Thank you so much!! I hadn't even thought of that, lol. I feel kinda bad asking anything else, but freakyhax says there was an error and restarts the system. This might be a separate topic though.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you try the troubleshooting

Troubleshooting
· Make sure you have freaky.bin and the DCIM directory in your sdcard root.

· Make sure you have a otherapp.bin in your sdcard root.

· Make sure the otherapp.bin matches your firmware version, region and console type (new/old).

· If none of the above helps, try resetting the save file.

· If it still doesn't work, come see us in #3dsdev at EFNet.

Th0tzilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you try the troubleshooting

Troubleshooting
· Make sure you have freaky.bin and the DCIM directory in your sdcard root.

· Make sure you have a otherapp.bin in your sdcard root.

· Make sure the otherapp.bin matches your firmware version, region and console type (new/old).

· If none of the above helps, try.

· If it still doesn't work, come see us in #3dsdev at EFNet.
Yes. I reset my save file, transferred all my 3DS photos to the computer so it couldn't interfere with the QR code, re-did the otherapp payload, and checked my SD card. This is what it looks like currently after copying everything into it. Maybe I put the starter in the wrong place? For a second after it appears to trigger something before saying an error has occurred and restarts the system.

Attachments

• gfgfgfgfgfg.PNG
    gfgfgfgfgfg.PNG
    18.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited by Th0tzilla,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I put the starter in the wrong place? For a second after it appears to trigger something before saying an error has occurred and restarts the system.
thanks for the pic its always easier when i can see whats going on ...
you dont put the starter folder on the root you put the contents of the starter folder there instead

Reactions: Quantumcat

Th0tzilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the pic its always easier when i can see whats going on ...
you dont put the starter folder on the root you put the contents of the starter folder there instead
I totally thought this was the answer, but after resetting my Freakyforms save file again it still comes up with an error. I can keep trying it, but maybe my 3DS is just too jacked up or something. I'll ask before I make any more changes to the SD card though. I have to go to bed but thank you so much for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello