ROM Hack [HELP] SNES VC Decrypting doesn't work

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The rom is in the data.bin but is not only the rom, the rom is in the offset 60 of the file and end in the offset 080060. I tried to change the rom for another of the same size (512KB) and launch it but not work.
Looks about the same to me. Did you try to launch the rebuilt data.bin from an emulator, or did you actually recompile it on an o3DS?
okay after comparing the Super Mario World US rom and the Data.bin here are my results

in HXD everything after this value is to do with the VC i deleteted everything past here and before offset 60 and saved the data.bin it loaded in Higan as the rom

gonna test injecting

edit both the usa rom of mario world i downloaded and the new edited bin file were the exact same size in bytes

204d574b5d3bd8945a1d55bda9307165.png

Last edited by izy,
Reactions: CeeDee

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The layeredFS plugin work well, I tried super pang and don't work then I tried inyected F-Zero and works. What other games have 512KB?
mario kart

did you inject it over the values i mentioned . or did you delete all the end data.

brb testing DK lol

Last edited by izy,

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Mario Kart don't work (black screen) I tried other game with 512KB (Wordtris) and works. I want to try to inject bigger roms editing the pointers of the file.

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its actually not we know the value that mario world starts and finishes

so CTRL A CTRL C on the rom you want to inject
Highlt the gap and ctrl V
oh..
so if you were to get a rom that is smaller than super mario world, would it work or does is have to be the exact same size?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh..
so if you were to get a rom that is smaller than super mario world, would it work or does is have to be the exact same size?
everything is the same size or larger SMW is pretty small

saaying that Earthbound is Out if someone could decrypt that we may have a better chance considering its a 2mb+ game.

unless someone wants to try injecting it

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything is the same size or larger SMW is pretty small

saaying that Earthbound is Out if someone could decrypt that we may have a better chance considering its a 2mb+ game.

unless someone wants to try injecting it
I'm actually waiting for an upload/cryptofix cuz i don't have a EUR 3DS : P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A