ROM Hack [HELP] SNES VC Decrypting doesn't work

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Mario Kart don't work (black screen) I tried other game with 512KB (Wordtris) and works. I want to try to inject bigger roms editing the pointers of the file.

Sucess

could someone try with zelda alttp?

065phms.jpg

Editing the size of rom in the header of de data.bin and recalculating the pointers we can inyect any rom.

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Could you be more specific?

Ok, i will try but my english is not the best, in this image you can see the pointers

6ovaHnP.png

To inject the rom of Zelda I inject it at the end of the file and edited the pointers and the rom type

X2Kgrul.png

This is the file after editing the pointers.

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-4_5-40-6.png
    upload_2016-3-4_5-40-6.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 363

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, i will try but my english is not the best, in this image you can see the pointers

To inject the rom of Zelda I inject it at the end of the file and edited the pointers and the rom type

This is the file after editing the pointers.

So you deleted the original rom pasted in the Injected at the End cange the value to 01 for a 1mb file

What about the pointers? how do they work? that part is very vague (didnt help also with massive screenshots)

oh NVM get it now

Last edited by izy,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I'm struggling in the process to inject into anything other than GBA - it uses a simple converter tool to convert ROMs and with little else work. Why is it so hard to inject into NES/GBC?

I would love it if someone was able to make a step by step tutorial, or an easy program, to decrypt, inject, and install injected NES/GBC and SNES games.

One other thing I'm missing, how the heck do I edit a 3D banner? I'm so sick of people using stretched boxart as the banner, and I'd much rather have either a non stretched version of the game's logo, or the original banner style (NES with TV, or Game Boy) with the new game.

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So you deleted the original rom pasted in the Injected at the End cange the value to 01 for a 1mb file

What about the pointers? how do they work? that part is very vague (didnt help also with massive screenshots)

oh NVM get it now

Sorry the offset of the rom type is wrong in my old image (i tried a lot of combinations before find the correct) the correct is the value of the offset 33, 08 if for 512KB (4Mb) 16 for 1MB etc.

Edit: Super Metroid works to.

Last edited by Raugo,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry the offset of the rom type is wrong in my old image (i tried a lot of combinations before find the correct) the correct is the value of the offset 33, 08 if for 512KB (4Mb) 16 for 1MB etc.

049110b7d9fb5208a4bdf8b638337ac6.png

guess it would be a correct though i thrpught you meant rom size

but DKC is a 32mb rom so i guess it would be 64 in offset 33

Last edited by izy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A