Hardware Help to fix a DualShock 4 (DS4) that shuts down randomly

toze3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have 2 DS4 and one is working OK and the other one it shuts off by itself randomly.

So I could be playing at 5-15 minutes and them the controller shuts down and i can't turn on the DS4 without push the reset botton.
After pressing the reset botton on the DS4 it reconects wireless with the PS4 (most of the times) without a cable connection.

After this the problem can persist more often in some days or can work for a hour or more without problems...

What can I do to solve this, cleaning, replace some part, any idea of this?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it's issue with the battery, might need replacing. If not the battery could be some sort of damage to the motherboard. I'd open it up and give it a good cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, let it dry and the put back together and see if that fixes it, if that doesn't work try replacing the battery.

Reactions: toze3

toze3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sounds like it's issue with the battery, might need replacing. If not the battery could be some sort of damage to the motherboard. I'd open it up and give it a good cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, let it dry and the put back together and see if that fixes it, if that doesn't work try replacing the battery.
I will try, I also have a non working DS4 with (I think) a good battery, so I could try to change and see.

Some times it disconnects, light off, and start rumbling, until I press reset. The battery indicate full charge, and looks to be responsive that way.

Reactions: kaymynd

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try, I also have a non working DS4 with (I think) a good battery, so I could try to change and see.

Some times it disconnects, light off, and start rumbling, until I press reset. The battery indicate full charge, and looks to be responsive that way.

Ok yea i would try swapping the batterry from the non working controller to the newer one, if it still occurs after that, it is most likely some sort of hardware failure, you can try cleaning and see if that helps. I recommend to use a toothbrush to carefully clean with isopropyl alcohol any spots of oxidation or anything that looks dirty on the motherboard. Inspect for any fried or burnt spots on the motherboard, and if you find anything fried you might need to replace that part (harder but less expensive) or replace the entire motherboard (easier but more expensive). Good luck and fingers crossed that you get it working 100% [emoji1696]

Reactions: toze3

toze3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok yea i would try swapping the batterry from the non working controller to the newer one, if it still occurs after that, it is most likely some sort of hardware failure, you can try cleaning and see if that helps. I recommend to use a toothbrush to carefully clean with isopropyl alcohol any spots of oxidation or anything that looks dirty on the motherboard. Inspect for any fried or burnt spots on the motherboard, and if you find anything fried you might need to replace that part (harder but less expensive) or replace the entire motherboard (easier but more expensive). Good luck and fingers crossed that you get it working 100% [emoji1696]

I tried the other battery and no luck. The other DS4 with charged battery it blinks but I can't connect to PS4, USB part/control not working.

I noticed that the flex cables are not in best condition, so I order new flex and PCB.USB (JDS-055) to see if i have luck. I didn't try a clean with isopropyl yet due the fact of the cable are already not best condition, so I will wait first for the new flex. Hoping it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda makes since tho if Steve miller starting a new tour, a good way to publicize it