Hacking Help Upgrading Firmware? D2Pro (19wire) + Wiiclip

Sharkface

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I recently soldered my chip to my clip and put it into my system. Sadly, I don't think I am up to date. My friend sent me a file to burn to test the system. It was the wiikey setup disc, and I burned it. The disc worked. But, it didn't fully run, I get the disc error from my wii. But, Gamecube showed up, and I know that the hack is installed correctly.

Now, my problem lies within firmware.

I am so new to all this...

How do I install the firmware to my wii? I need to update, because I just downloaded Geometry wars and burned it, but I get the disc read error.

Thanks.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiKey is a different chip, so the setup disc won't work with a different chip. You need to go to D2Pro's website and look for the firmware on there, or look on Google. It shouldn't be very hard to find.

Sharkface

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no. I just used that because it was a small file and it burned quickly.
That was just to confirm that the chip was working.

I downloaded the firmware, but it's... strange. There's a driver and an exe. How do I upgrade? Like, I don't know the process of how I do that.

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The d2pro uses a programmer to upgrade the chip. First you have to get a flat cable, a d2pro programmer, and a mini usb cable. Then you plug the flat cable to the d2pro, then the programmer to the flat cable, and finally the mini usb from the programmer to your computer. When you first plug in the d2pro to the computer, it will ask you to search for a driver. Direct it to the driver you have, otherwise the chip will not flash correctly or something. You use the exe to flash the chip. It has to be run through the command prompt.

The news on the front page is for the d2pro9 only, not the 13, 15,or 19 wire versions.

Sharkface

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. That's shit.....

So, is it official?

Am I actually going to NEED to update this thing in order to actually play games? Because... geometry wars is the only game I tried, and it didn't work. I burned it twice, and neither copy works.

Sharkface

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also... if I do a Wii system update, will it mess up my Wii?

I know that the one is supposed to mess up systems with mods...

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the clip is on correctly because the wiikey disc booted. I think you might have to update if it is not working. Programmers are around 25-30 dollars. When did you get the d2pro? Have you had the d2pro in your wii already and just decided to solder it to a wii clip and connect it that way? So you don't know which firmware came with too?

If you do a wii system update it will not mess up your wii.

Sharkface

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I never had anything in my wii.

I just bought the chip, soldered it to the clip, and now, boom.

Maybe I should try an older game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...