Hacking Help! Weird SD Card problems on vWii

Maxbeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

Just recently I came across a few problems after putting some snes roms with my Mac on my SD card.

HBC can see my homebrew apps and emulators and the games list comes up as usual in the emulator menus when Load the emulators.

The problem appears in any emulator when I try to run a game.
Snes9x says "Invalid Rom Size", Nintendont says "FAT device not found. No SD/games directory present". Retroarch will go back to the main vWii menu.

Does somebody know if this is Mac related?

I even went ahead and formatted the SD card on my Mac to FAT 32 once again and I am still getting these errors.

Please help. -_-

D

Deleted User

I had a similar problem to you, but it was inside Yet Another Wad Manager Mod.
I'm going to walk you through discovering something.

1) Open the terminal program (open the app screen - F4 (or Fn+F4 if you change your special key settings))
2) Navigate to the rom folder on your SD Card (type "cd " and then drag your roms folder onto the Terminal window, then press Enter - don't forget that spacebar)
3) Type "ls". You should see all of your roms in there.
4) Type "sudo ls" You will be asked for an administrator password. Enter it. (Nothing will appear on your screen as you type your password, but it is indeed being typed.)
5) You will notice all of these files starting with the name "._"!

These files are left over by Finder when you copy files. These files contain extra metadata that cannot be embedded into FAT32 file systems, but is necessary for Finder to organise the files properly. Don't worry, it is perfectly safe to delete these files. And you can do it with one command.

6) Type "sudo rm ._*"
7) Type "sudo ls" again, all the ._ files should be gone.
8) Type "logout" and close the Terminal. Eject tour SD Card.
9) Re-insert your SD Card into your Wii U and (hopefully) enjoy your SNES emulation!

Maxbeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats probably it!
I activated hidden files last night and saw some of those lingering about but didn't know if it was safe to delete them.

I will try this tonight when I get home and hopefully lol get things working again! Thanks for your input and help @CreeperMario !

Maxbeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double post with updated info on my findings.

None of my emulators or homebrew will run games now. They load but give me the same errors as I described earlier.

I went ahead and did what you reccommended and it did manage to delete those files but I also found more of them lurking all over and I have way too many folders on that card and I'm a bit lazy when it comes to going over every single folder on it.

Is there a way or command that will delete all those kind of files on the card?

Thanks again!

D

Deleted User

Yeah, actually. Just perform "sudo rm ._*" in the root of your SD Card, and all of those files will be gone. :P
Open the terminal, type 'cd ' and drag the actual SD Card from your Desktop to the terminal. This will take you to the root of your card.

Reactions: Maxbeta and CJB100

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok