DrConfused

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so for some reason....

I have 5 games on my Wii, and only 4 WAD's show up on the homescreen... when I install the 5th it will replace one of the 4 on the homepage.
Basicly, it wont let me have more than 4 WADS on the homescreen.
I have tried both ModWii Lite and PimpmyWii to install the WAD's both end in the same result.

I wonder if anyone can help please. im stuck :(

Reactions: SaulFabre

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, Jeannotte is right. Channels won't appear if the Wii's internal memory has got full.

In order to bypass that particular problem, set up an emuNAND which will have the space of whatever capacity your drive/card is.

Or, if you're like me, have them all in the "SD Card Channel"

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Wii's NAND (internal storage media) has only 512 MB

So please consider deleting some channels you don't use or you can try @JuanBaNaNa's suggestion of using an emuNAND or simply moving your channels to the SD Card so you can access to them on the SD Card Channel.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Two of the WADs probably share the same title ID, u can't have 2 channels with the same ID installed at the same time, the last one to install will overwrite the first. To have both of them installed simultaneously you'd need to change the title ID using a tool like customizemii, showmiiwads, sharpii, etc

Edit: I love how 3 ppl replied before me and everyone diagnosed the problem the same. We seem to have developed a case of group think! Lol, I like to try to think about the question/answer before reading previous replies for this very reason (but obv need to read them still before posting otherwise half of what I say would be redundant, lol)

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModWii Lite
U mean wii mod lite?

Modwii lite sounds like the bastard child of modmii and wii mod lite, lol! That would be a marriage I would be very against given how vocal I've been about the bugs/dangers found in wii mod lite

DrConfused

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you all for the replies. It says I have 1972 open blocks

Its happening when i have resident evil wii edition and super mario galaxy 2

I will try add another game and see what happens.

If you put the channels onto the SD card will they show up on the home screen too

DrConfused

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Two of the WADs probably share the same title ID, u can't have 2 channels with the same ID installed at the same time, the last one to install will overwrite the first. To have both of them installed simultaneously you'd need to change the title ID using a tool like customizemii, showmiiwads, sharpii, etc

Edit: I love how 3 ppl replied before me and everyone diagnosed the problem the same. We seem to have developed a case of group think! Lol, I like to try to think about the question/answer before reading previous replies for this very reason (but obv need to read them still before posting otherwise half of what I say would be redundant, lol)

Is it because of this???

1650312674038.png

What should I do/???

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am so sorry, i am really new to this.

So in customize wii, what do i do? do i have to do anything to the Wbfs file or just the WAD file?
I certainly don't know with all honesty.
But there's more questions to your problem.
First off all, why your forwarders shares the same ID?

Assuming the ID is just for the channels, you can change them with the tools XFlak already mentioned.

Last edited by JuanMena,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for the replies. It says I have 1972 open blocks
Those are large games, you couldn't even install one, and i'm not saying you could install them either since they aren't supposed to...
Its happening when i have resident evil wii edition and super mario galaxy 2
Read below.
Is it because of this???
View attachment 306691
Yes, it's because of that.
What should I do/???
Hey those are Wii games, and why are they in WAD format?
Did you convert them yourself with some tool (if there is such a thing) or just changed the .wbfs at the end there to .wad?
Wii games should be played with a loader like USBLoaderGX or Wiiflow etc. And should be in wbfs format in the wbfs folder in your usb flash drive (or external hdd), and why are trying to install them anyway?

DrConfused

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Those are large games, you couldn't even install one, and i'm not saying you could install them either since they aren't supposed to...

Read below.

Did you convert them yourself with some tool (if there is such a thing) or just changed the .wbfs at the end there to .wad?
Wii games should be played with a loader like USBLoaderGX or Wiiflow etc. And should be in wbfs format in the wbfs folder in your usb flash drive (or external hdd), and why are trying to install them anyway?
1650317409996.png

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

Read below.

Those are not large files, they're just crap system menu shortcuts that will forward to the game image saved on usb or sd, and I'm not being facetious when I say that, the program is literally called crap, lol, or at least it was before it was rebranded as wii game shortcut creator, but to me, it will always be crap, and what a wonderful piece of crap it is, lol, jk

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are not large files, they're just crap system menu shortcuts that will forward to the game image saved on usb or sd, and I'm not being facetious when I say that, the program is literally called crap, lol, or at least it was before it was rebranded as wii game shortcut creator, but to me, it will always be crap, and what a wonderful piece of crap it is, lol, jk
OK. And i don't see how it is any better than playing directly through usbloadergx (or Wiiflow Lite). People can do whatever they want i guess.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK. And i don't see how it is any better than playing directly through usbloadergx (or Wiiflow Lite). People can do whatever they want i guess.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mainly is "bEcAusE iT lOoKs CoOl"... but if you ask me, it's just a waste of time and low effort to do such thing.
I'm the kind of guy that prefers things to work instead of making them look nice.

At OP: Just use any of the tools user XFlak already mentioned. Literally jus type another 4 letter ID. And repack the file.

BUT, as it's something I've never done, I'm not sure if it's going to mess up your routes or something, as GAME ID does not equal CHANNEL ID.

Basically, what you did are channels that doesn't exist. I don't know how what you used and did works, but it's something you can try.

If you want to make thinks look pretty, that is, having channels for your WBFS files, use an emuNAND.

EDIT: We're not here to criticize...

Last edited by JuanMena,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
good morning

just my opinion: ^_^

myself, I had created a shortcut for a single game on the wii menu to start my game faster, instead of going through usb loader gx (it was a very long time ago ==> my favorite game
6 (10).gif
).

I wouldn't say it's shit, it's on you don't have to install them all like this, anyway we only play one game at a time. (but I would say that the games or we play very very , very often)

EDIT: We're not here to criticize...

absolutely, that's how we build the future, with all these experiences:yay:

Last edited by jeannotte,

DrConfused

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted them on the homescreen, as it looks nicer, and didnt want to open the homebrew then wiiflow, then cycle through the games, then load.
thats all :)

Reactions: jeannotte

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense intended.. It all just seems like a hassle to me, and you can only install a few titles at a time? What about if you want to set up your entire game library? and you can't install 2 games with the same title ID (say like one if you have a modded version of a game etc.) unless you change said title ID.. But of course, you do as you see fit..;)

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The system menu can only show 12 channels per page with a max of 4 pages (48 channels total) and each channel take up precious nand space (512M) for all ios, cios, system menu, game saves and wiiwares etc.

You can setup the Wii so that it autoboots into usbloadergx (with the help of priiloader) and configure usbloadergx to look like the system menu and boom! you can have hundreds of Wii/GC games ready for you to pick. Definitely way easier (cooler?) than creating "crap" forwarders.

Reactions: JuanMena and CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.