Hardware Help with connecting IP address on CFW

H31l0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Hopefully posting in the right place. I have a N3dsxl with CFW (all up to date).

I have been using PKMN ntr without any issues connecting my computer to the ip of my 3dsxl. I also have FileZilla to connect to my 3ds ip to transfer files from the sd card (I couldn't connect the conventional way for some reason)

Recently it's been getting increasingly difficult to establish a connection - it just barely connects. What works (sometimes) is if I keep doing a connection test on my ds, or reconnecting to the internet on both sides (this takes a long time of doing it) I've tried disabling firewalls, snooped around in my router but can't fix it.

It very intermittently connects but it's harder and harder each time to get a connection. Both my 3dsxl and computer have no issues connecting to the internet.

Also my router is too far to connect via Ethernet so that's not an option.

Hope someone here knows the issue and can help out. Thanks so much!!

Still needing help - I've actually now tried this on my laptop while connected with the Ethernet cable. It worked so I was ridiculously happy and thought that maybe my problem was being too far from the modem.

Anyway, my issue is happening again and it won't connect. So something is happening on and off. If anyone still might be able to help? Thanks

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
your issue is probably reside on your Access Point, something sort of blocking p2p connection on wireless like a "AP Isolation" feature, which is designed to block communications against local traffic and only process gateway traffic (internet).

Reactions: H31l0

H31l0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
your issue is probably reside on your Access Point, something sort of blocking p2p connection on wireless like a "AP Isolation" feature, which is designed to block communications against local traffic and only process gateway traffic (internet).

Hey thanks so much for your response :) How is that something I can rectify? Does that explain that it's intermittent?

Bumping this up as I'm still having issues.

I have had 0 issues with this using my mobile phone data. I would like to use my actual home internet.

I disabled a firewall which I thoughT may have been the problem.. it wasn't.. I'm stumped. Really hoping someone has some ideas. Thanks :)

Last edited by H31l0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1