Hacking Help with Original R4

Cooler110033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the R4 Revolution for DS and my 3DS is running custom firmware.

According to the famous Apache Thunder's thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon.416434/, my original R4 flash cart should work, but it's not working for me.

Can anyone help me get this running?

I tried his R4CartLauncher_AnyKernel.rar and I tried NTR Launcher found elsewhere on the internet. Neither worked. My R4 has the most recent appropriate kernel installed and I recently confirmed it runs and works on my old DS Lite, and it has the _DS_MENU.DAT file Apache Thunder said it needed.

Last edited by Cooler110033,

Cooler110033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SkillFeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I took a picture. It's this app, right?
https://i.imgur.com/3fr3DHj.jpg

When I boot into it, I get the DSi splash screen, and then an infinite white screen.
Yes thats the app. Be sure to have the right kernel on your r4 card. Also make sure that you're using a 2gb Micro SD card in your R4 since as far as i know those old Flashcards dont support more than 2gb.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Last edited by SkillFeed,

Cooler110033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes thats the app. Be sure to have the right kernel on your r4 card. Also make sure that you're using a 2gb Micro SD card in your R4 since as far as i know those old Flashcards dont support more than 2gb.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Yeah, I have the right kernel (took me a bit to find it) and I am respecting the 2GB micro SD card rule. I can confirm that it works, because I ran a few games from my DS Lite, but it doesn't work on my 3DS. The app still goes to a white screen. Is there anything else I might be missing? I tried putting a piece of paper in to prop up the contacts as well. Didn't work either.

Last edited by Cooler110033,

r0ni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lngn.net
XP
Country
United States
There is an app for the M3 Perfect iirc that supports the original R4, I have it working on my 3ds, but I’m not sure where the download is (it’s on gbatemp somewhere).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooler110033

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I literally just needed to shove some cardboard in there for it to work. I had tried this earlier and it didn't work, and now it still doesn't work, but because it worked for just one hot second I know now that it's just the contacts that I have to correct.

Reactions: SkillFeed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about...