Help

hiddensea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When attempting to move my hb files to my hard drive, I accidentally corrupted my sd card by filling half of it with zeroes. I can't acess the SD in ubuntu at all and windows needs it reformatted. I don't know if this is recoverable or if I will need to unmod and remod my wiiu and vwii. The console won't boot into tiramisu and I don't know how well the vwii would work either. Please can anyone help?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Overwritten data is gone, so no way to recover. Anyway, that's no big deal: You still have Tiramisu installed, it just can't find payloads & co on the SD card. So reformat the card, redownload the package from https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe and extract it to the card: Restored!

vWii souldn't care about your SD card at all.

BTW: Next time tripple check your dd command before pressing enter. This could also have overwritten your Ubuntu and/or Windows install (or in the worst case brick your PC thanks to a UEFI bug when overwriting UEFI vars).
dd, rm -rf and similiar commands are extremely dangerous, so never execute them lightly. An Amazon employee broke down half of Amazons cloud (incl backups! Some call this "taking half of the internet offine" as it affected big players like Netflix who use this cloud) with exactly these commands...

Last edited by V10lator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL