• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 31,573
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted User

OP
One day i powered on my vita and it just went into a boot loop
(powering on, showing boot logo, then turning black and the boot logo again)
even holding L or R didnt fix it
so i had to do a system restore.
after the setup process my memory card isnt usable, so i go to setting to unlink the card and henkaku settings isnt there.
so i reverted to my older memory card and it wasnt linked so im able to get vitashell back, but i dont have henkaku settings still. and i dont have the other partitions as well.
i can't even access ur0, just ux0
i can only access ur0 if enable unsafe homebrew is checked
but i cant do that if henkaku settings is there.
can someone help please?
enso 3.65
(im trying to unlink a card but i need henkaku settings)

Last edited by ,

reddragon105

Trophies
XP
Country
it didn't let me.
Error 0x8001000D
Shows how little time I've spent in VitaShell Safe Mode - I thought it just hid the other partitions, didn't realise you couldn't delete things! Although I've just tested it on my Vita and it seems that you just can't delete things in the root directory, so you should at least be able to go into tai and delete the contents - or at least config.txt (or just rename it). Then restart.

Also, just out of interest, why weren't you able to use the memory card after the setup process? The only reason I can think of off the top of my head is if it's PSN linked, so couldn't you have just signed in again?

D

Deleted User

OP
Shows how little time I've spent in VitaShell Safe Mode - I thought it just hid the other partitions, didn't realise you couldn't delete things! Although I've just tested it on my Vita and it seems that you just can't delete things in the root directory, so you should at least be able to go into tai and delete the contents - or at least config.txt (or just rename it). Then restart.

Also, just out of interest, why weren't you able to use the memory card after the setup process? The only reason I can think of off the top of my head is if it's PSN linked, so couldn't you have just signed in again?
i have a 64gb memory card (getting an sd2vita soon) and it had id.dat and it didnt delete it for some reason after i did the factory reset it asked if the card belonged to me and i said yes and it told me i had to sign in but i can't because im on 3.65

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im thinking of a solution
maybe if i reinstall 3.65 (which uninstalls enso)
then i use h-encore (i already have it installed but it crashes so im thinking that is because of enso, modified firmware instead of the stock firmware)
then i reinstall henkaku and enso again

reddragon105

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a 64gb memory card (getting an sd2vita soon) and it had id.dat and it didnt delete it for some reason after i did the factory reset it asked if the card belonged to me and i said yes and it told me i had to sign in but i can't because im on 3.65
You can sign in on 3.65. If you're worried about it updating, change your primary DNS to 212.47.229.76, but even if you don't it will take a while before it realises there's an update, and then it will take a while to download and should prompt you before installing, so you can always cancel and delete them. You will have more than enough time to restart the Vita to get Henkaku settings, and therefore version spoofing, back.

D

Deleted User

OP
You can sign in on 3.65. If you're worried about it updating, change your primary DNS to 212.47.229.76, but even if you don't it will take a while before it realises there's an update, and then it will take a while to download and should prompt you before installing, so you can always cancel and delete them. You will have more than enough time to restart the Vita to get Henkaku settings, and therefore version spoofing, back.
i dont have the option to version spoof anymore because henkaku settings doesnt appear in the settings app

reddragon105

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont have the option to version spoof anymore because henkaku settings doesnt appear in the settings app
Okay, maybe I got confused. When you said 'after the setup process my memory card isnt usable', why wasn't it usable? What message were you getting?

But anyway, you didn't mention that you had h-encore installed on this other memory card! When you say it keeps crashing, do you mean it looks like it's loading but then goes back to the homescreen? Because, if it's v2 of the app, that's normal behaviour. It actually means Henkaku has been installed automatically, but the Henkaku Settings aren't going to show up if you've previously opened system Settings since booting the Vita (if it says 'Continue'); you need to close the Settings app (dragging down from the top right) and reopen it (so that it says 'Start' instead of 'Continue'). If the settings still don't show up, that brings us back to a problem with the ta/config.txt file, which again you can delete or rename using VitaShell, even in Safe Mode - or, if it is h-encore v2, launch that app while holding down R and you'll get the menu, where you can reset config.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can just reinstall enso and then use app manager plus to move cardunlock app to uro and use to regain acces to mem card.

D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, maybe I got confused. When you said 'after the setup process my memory card isnt usable', why wasn't it usable? What message were you getting?

But anyway, you didn't mention that you had h-encore installed on this other memory card! When you say it keeps crashing, do you mean it looks like it's loading but then goes back to the homescreen? Because, if it's v2 of the app, that's normal behaviour. It actually means Henkaku has been installed automatically, but the Henkaku Settings aren't going to show up if you've previously opened system Settings since booting the Vita (if it says 'Continue'); you need to close the Settings app (dragging down from the top right) and reopen it (so that it says 'Start' instead of 'Continue'). If the settings still don't show up, that brings us back to a problem with the ta/config.txt file, which again you can delete or rename using VitaShell, even in Safe Mode - or, if it is h-encore v2, launch that app while holding down R and you'll get the menu, where you can reset config.
it didnt work because it was linked to my psn account
i just installed h-encore on the old memory card a couple hours ago thinking i was going to be able to reinstall henkaku but it just gives me a C2-12828-1 error

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so i just realized config.txt isnt in ux0:tai so that could be the problem
so i copied config_backup.txt that was made from autoplugin and it just gives me an error, i cannot place it in there with the name config.txt it gives me the same error as trying to delete or rename it

Last edited by ,

reddragon105

Trophies
XP
Country
it didnt work because it was linked to my psn account
Right, that's what I thought, so as I said you could have just signed into PSN to relink the memory card - and you still can, if you haven't touched that memory card since removing it. It doesn't matter that you're on 3.65, you can still sign in, just don't let it update.

D

Deleted User

OP
Right, that's what I thought, so as I said you could have just signed into PSN to relink the memory card - and you still can, if you haven't touched that memory card since removing it. It doesn't matter that you're on 3.65, you can still sign in, just don't let it update.
i am signed in now, because i used the dns that blocks updates

D

Deleted User

OP
update: i reinstalled 3.65, launched h-encore and got henkaku settings back
but im still not able to get the id.dat off my 64gb memory card, my older 16gb sd card was the card i used to reinstall henkaku

D

Deleted User

OP
i fixed it!
i have enso back and i resigned my 64gb memory card.
thanks reddragon105!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3