I need help for my PS Vita

ki2yznbsns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Months ago I have installed Henkaku 3.65 on my PS Vita slim. At that time I did not have a memory card yet, so everything was installed on internal storage but I was still able to install a couple of low-size games. But now, I have an official 16gb PS Vita memory card and have inserted it to my Vita. However, when inserted, all the games I have previously installed as well as the Vitashell have disappeared and only re-appears when I remove the memory card. The Enso logo still appears on bootup and Henkaku settings is still available on the Settings so I have few questions
  1. Is my Vita still properly "Jailbroken" despite the issues I mentioned above?
  2. How can I make the games and apps I have installed on the internal storage appear even when my memory card is inserted?

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I have changed my post on this...

I have the hack from www.vita.hacks.guide, which is summed up in this video perfectly...

PS Vita 3.74 Jailbreak Guide 2023 - Easy Step-By-Step - SD2VITA Setup & Downgrade!

Take that EXACT TEXT and plug it into YouTube. You will find a video by Robles Jr., 2023

Here's the thing. That video perfectly explains how to install the Henkaku/Enso hack, along with the SD2Vita, Adrenalin, PCKGj, YAMT, setting up your SD2Vita card, and THE REST OF EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO RUN A KILLER RIG. I do NOT have an Enso Logo on my startup, so maybe our hacks are a bit...different?. However, I have NEVER had ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE SD2Vita card. None. AT ALL. I am NOT saying that "my version of the PS Vita HACK is "better" than anybody else's, but I only mention this because I've seen all over the PS Vita subforum that a lot of people have problems with their SD2Vita cards. I have never had ONE FREAKING PROBLEM with this. Others have. Dunno why, but that's the case.

The guy who made this video obviously, and I mean OBVIOUSLY read the hack guide over and over again before he simplified the guide for the rest of us. But I'll say this. My Vita does NOT accept SONY memory cards. I tried it once and it "rebuilt my database" on startup, but thankfully nothing happened.

Here is what I suggest:

START FRESH!!!

#1) GET A SD2VITA Micro SD card adapter, with a solid Micro SD card to put into it. I have a 1TB card that will last me a LONG FUCKING TIME. Call it an investment. Roughly $110.00 on Amazon Prime w/ free 2 day shipping.

#2) Get rid of your old hack - follow this video for that: It takes less than 3 minutes. Plug the below title into YouTube, you'll find this video by "STHETIX"

REMOVING THE HENKAKU / ENSO ON THE PS VITA ~ BACK TO STOCK FW

#3) Don't bother with SONY MEMORY CARDS. THEY'RE GARBAGE, AND WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS HACK. TOSS THEM, THEY'RE WORTHLESS.

#4) ONCE you have the SD2VITA adapter and the ensuing Micro SD card, follow the guide I mentioned above - here's a little piece of advide:

WATCH THE VIDEO SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE YOU HACK THIS WONDERFUL LITTLE GIZMO.

The reason I say this is that if you rush into this without being familiar with it, you may "slip up" and BRICK YOUR CONSOLE.
The rule is NO SURPRISES, NO HANG UPS, AND NO DOUBTS ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING. BE PATIENT.

When you are comfortable with the video, HACK THAT PUPPY.

LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES. If you don't like/trust/doubt my info, that's fine. This is YOUR BABY, and you call ALL THE SHOTS.

- Cheers!!!

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've got a Henkaku-3.65 modded 1000 model Vita, the method was released prior to Ensö and consisted of an already modded firmware update package that we had to install on our Vita following very specific instructions.

I've never had any issue with it, nor with the 4GB official Sony memory card (I use it only for modding the console and some indie games).

There's a big warning about this method and it relates in how the Vita was modded in the first place. We must ensure that all the modding is done correctly or the Vita will brick. Afaik it can't be re-modded unless we ensure the mod is correctly removed before.

Haven't tried it, but I've got some advice long ago that I could downgrade the OFW to version 3.60 using Modoru prior of modding the Vita again, so I would play safe.

@ki2yznbsns Take note that rebuilding the database might be a solution to this, or it might make things worse, be careful.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a Henkaku-3.65 modded 1000 model Vita, the method was released prior to Ensö and consisted of an already modded firmware update package that we had to install on our Vita following very specific instructions.

I've never had any issue with it, nor with the 4GB official Sony memory card (I use it only for modding the console and some indie games).

There's a big warning about this method and it relates in how the Vita was modded in the first place. We must ensure that all the modding is done correctly or the Vita will brick. Afaik it can't be re-modded unless we ensure the mod is correctly removed before.

Haven't tried it, but I've got some advice long ago that I could downgrade the OFW to version 3.60 using Modoru prior of modding the Vita again, so I would play safe.

@ki2yznbsns Take note that rebuilding the database might be a solution to this, or it might make things worse, be carefuL

@ki2yznbsns Take note that rebuilding the database might be a solution to this, or it might make things worse, be careful.
Question: When you boot up your Vita 1000, do you have to activate the hack before you can use it?

Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated...

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Question: When you boot up your Vita 1000, do you have to activate the hack before you can use it?

Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated...
No need to activate a hack, the Vita shows the Ensö logo at boot and starts already modded with HENkaku settings enabled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol