Hacking hexkyz will release a cracked SX OS (eventually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesnt need to be intergrated, doesnt mean its not going to be on our beloved atmosphere, hekxys probably will "contribute" with new code found somewhere, cough cough TX, sorry and add new features for atmosphere, to be more stable, because at it is now its a shame

Last edited by kamesenin888,

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone ever consider that atmosphere is going to have patches that allow people to install their dumped backups?

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would the ideal world, but as the scene is now, we dont know what will happen, or who is going to take code from to
i have a feeling people wont have to take code to or from anywhere, i feel itll just already have the sig patches for people who wanna dump their carts and just install them

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a feeling people wont have to take code to or from anywhere, i feel itll just already have the sig patches for people who wanna dump their carts and just install them
Exactly. Sig patches are used for a whole slew of other things like homebrew, file replacement, and save editing. The whole purpose is to give Switch owners the freedom to do whatever they want with their consoles. Piracy is a side effect that you either acknowledge as an inevitability (like Scires) or you try your best to stop it with your exclusive tools that end up being replaced by others (like riivolution)

Twisted_sins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because paying for piracy is stupid.

This has to be the stupid thing ever said. I only created this account to tell you that. Before the golden age of soft mods, you had to buy a modchip or some other device. It's a practice as old as game modding. Take the psx or ps2 mod-chips. One group would release a chip then 10 companies would clone the chip and reband it. You could even download the source code for those chips if you had a nand writter and make your own.

This is nothing new and it will continue till the end of modding.

Second if you don't have the stomach to turn your device into a brick, you shouldn't be modding. No mod is 100% stable (look at the ofw it is not even stable). You always run a risk of something going wrong.

Third, if they are able to pull of the reverse engineering they would have the source code to make a new OS based on TXs (just like in the days of old when mod-chips we're the biggest mod)

So stop crying and enjoy what ever product you wish.

Just remember homebrew is the main driving force behind this stuff. Not piracy (but devs know that is what will drive sales of products to allow them to spend more time writing new code.)

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has to be the stupid thing ever said. I only created this account to tell you that. Before the golden age of soft mods, you had to buy a modchip or some other device. It's a practice as old as game modding. Take the psx or ps2 mod-chips. One group would release a chip then 10 companies would clone the chip and reband it. You could even download the source code for those chips if you had a nand writter and make your own.

This is nothing new and it will continue till the end of modding.

Second if you don't have the stomach to turn your device into a brick, you shouldn't be modding. No mod is 100% stable (look at the ofw it is not even stable). You always run a risk of something going wrong.

Third, if they are able to pull of the reverse engineering they would have the source code to make a new OS based on TXs (just like in the days of old when mod-chips we're the biggest mod)

So stop crying and enjoy what ever product you wish.

Just remember homebrew is the main driving force behind this stuff. Not piracy (but devs know that is what will drive sales of products to allow them to spend more time writing new code.)
I'm not crying about this. I'm stating my opinion. Is that not allowed?
Besides, what kind of statement is that "if you don't have the stomach to turn your device into a brick, you shouldn't be modding."?! What if I'm extra cautious but I don't like seeing my device bricked? Am I not supposed to do it? That's not how it works! Everyone takes responsibility for what they do. You don't get to tell people in under what conditions you are supposed to do something. If I fuck my console up, I take full responsibility. Everyone does, or at least they should.

Reactions: aut0mat3d

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. Sig patches are used for a whole slew of other things like homebrew, file replacement, and save editing. The whole purpose is to give Switch owners the freedom to do whatever they want with their consoles. Piracy is a side effect that you either acknowledge as an inevitability (like Scires) or you try your best to stop it with your exclusive tools that end up being replaced by others (like riivolution)
This is why I'm surprised we don't have a CFW with signature patches yet. When rxTools got them, that's when 3DS development really took off.

Reactions: Twisted_sins

Twisted_sins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides, what kind of statement is that "if you don't have the stomach to turn your device into a brick, you shouldn't be modding."?! What if I'm extra cautious but I don't like seeing my device bricked? Am I not supposed to do it? That's not how it works! Everyone takes responsibility for what they do. You don't get to tell people in under what conditions you are supposed to do something. If I fuck my console up, I take full responsibility. Everyone does, or at least they should.

It's still always risk no matter how much you try to mitigate the risk, it is still there.

And only thing I commented from what you said is what I qouted, not anything else. You said paying for piracy is stupid, but it has always been a thing and will be. That's all I was saying to you. Sorry if you got but hurt because someone else added their opinion

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Everyone also should expect a brick.. And not cry when one comes about..

Twisted_sins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I doubt Nintendo would do anything besides ban consoles from online, at least in the usa, as modding is legal here. Although there are lots of grey areas, it would still open Nintendo up to lawsuits.

Just Google supreme Court rules on modding consoles (and before anyone says anything about geehoots apple case, that was only found to be relevant to apple products). I tried to post a link to court ruling but it said it was spam lol.

Last edited by Twisted_sins,

BlastedGuy9905

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still always risk no matter how much you try to mitigate the risk, it is still there.

And only thing I commented from what you said is what I qouted, not anything else. You said paying for piracy is stupid, but it has always been a thing and will be. That's all I was saying to you. Sorry if you got but hurt because someone else added their opinion
Yes, I guess there is a risk, but I don't think people should just "expect a brick" out of nowhere. Sure, if a brick happens they should just accept it and move on, without whining.

Twisted_sins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I guess there is a risk, but I don't think people should just "expect a brick" out of nowhere. Sure, if a brick happens they should just accept it and move on, without whining.

When ever I do a mod, no matter how many times Ive done it, weather it's Jtagging something (it was a thing before xbox360) or just soft modding a Xbox original i know there is a good chance something can go wrong and screw something up bad.

But if your smart the first thing you will do is back up everything on the device before modding. If you do this, 98% of the time you can recover from a brick these days

Oh and to the OP, thanks for the news

BlastedGuy9905

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When ever I do a mod, no matter how many times Ive done it, weather it's Jtagging something (it was a thing before xbox360) or just soft modding a Xbox original i know there is a good chance something can go wrong and screw something up bad.

But if your smart the first thing you will do is back up everything on the device before modding. If you do this, 98% of the time you can recover from a brick these days

Oh and to the OP, thanks for the news
Well, I guess my answer could be a bit biased, cause I never did a hardmod... Cause whenever I open a device up, I know I can fuck it up. I don't trust myself dissecting a device. My hands are shaky. I'd rather stick to softmods whenever I can, and of course usually I back everything up.

Twisted_sins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I'm surprised we don't have a CFW with signature patches yet. When rxTools got them, that's when 3DS development really took off.

It will take time to do so, but I bet we will see them. Remember the switch is still a new(ish) console. Xbox signing didn't come for a while but eventually it did, then ttg released a awesome game save editor as did one other site (can't remember who) came out with one. Be patient and make sure to thank the devs that create it.

(Note: the original signed and rehaser was great but it got a bit buggy at times)

Also, on a side note I only mod consols because I can, it's a fun hobby. That is also the driving force behind most hackers. It's a challenge and that's the fun part.

If you have never heard of Kevin mitknick (sp) go Google him and read Ghost In The Wire. It how he became the first person to be charged with hacking.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heh. It's funny to look back on this thread honestly. I don't think a SX OS crack will ever happen but then again. What's the point of cracking it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2