Hey everyone!

zootroid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I'm new to this community, though I've been perusing it for a little while now and very new to modding! I think the first time I've ever heard about it was during the PS2 era when my friend was talking about getting his console chipped. Aside from him telling me it would give him access to loads of games I didn't know much about these sorts of things. Definitely a late bloomer IMO.

I only just started to get interested in homebrew stuff (which I didn't even know was modding at first lol) around christmas time of last year. This is when I found out players were modding a game I really enjoyed on the PS4. Amplitude it is called! A game with absolutely no DLC which means you are stuck playing the same old 30 songs over and over.... However, before this players had figured out a way to mod the PS3 release for the RPCS3 emulator to add in extra songs. Needless to say, I found out about all this way too late and my PS4 was already too far gone in the FW. -_- Only chance now is to wait for a 9.03 jailbreak as my sisters console is left there or just go out and buy one that can be broken immediately.

So far all I've really managed to do is rip my sisters PS2 BIOS for emulator play on the computer as she has a working slim capable of doing so. I have several PS2's (a couple which are PHATs but they just DRE) and my current slim model is of the SPCH-90000 series which cannot be ripped.

Any who, I'm onto attempting to rip good ole Amplitude which I also own a copy of on the PS3 (digital copy) for play on the computer, but also as a learning experience. The process seems quite intimidating though, but it may not matter due to the version of slim I have and the fact that I need to re-enable the license on it... XD

Wish me luck!

Nice to meet everyone! :)

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@zootroid Hello and welcome to GBATemp! 👋:D👍

Don't know if you know this, but you can get a sata hdd working in your fat PS2 with the network adapter..
Or use the MC2SIO memory card to boot games from sd card..
There's no GoldHen for fw 9.03 yet, you might have to wait a little (if it's even possible)..

zootroid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@zootroid Hello and welcome to GBATemp! 👋:D👍

Don't know if you know this, but you can get a sata hdd working in your fat PS2 with the network adapter..
Or use the MC2SIO memory card to boot games from sd card..
There's no GoldHen for fw 9.03 yet, you might have to wait a little (if it's even possible)..
Interesting! I will have to look into this! :)

As for the PS4 jailbreak, I may just need to find a console online when I have the money...

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: