Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried Playing twilight princess hd with a wired switch pro controller and it dont work

Have you tried pressing the TV button on the Gamepad? IIRC this sometimes gets controllers to start being recognised? Or try emulating the Gamepad rather than a Pro Controller or vice versa.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone know why a pad set up and working in hid2vpad wouldn't show up in retroarch?

Have you enabled up to 16 controllers? This post https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-wiiu-wip.447670/page-237#post-7323778 says you the HID controllers show up in slots 5-16. The configs still go in sd/wiiu/controller/ (not controllerS).

Last edited by emcintosh,

NotReallySteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey emcintosh!
Thanks for the reply.
I've done both those yeah.
I still only have Wii gamepad available to me as a device index. Also, you're saying it needs to be "controllers" folder? Because the first page says:
(optional) download controller configurations and put them on the SD Card (sd:/wiiu/controller) to support more controllers.

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still only have Wii gamepad available to me as a device index. Also, you're saying it needs to be "controllers" folder? Because the first page says:
(optional) download controller configurations and put them on the SD Card (sd:/wiiu/controller) to support more controllers.

Oops - typo - controller not controllerS.

Not sure why it wouldn't work. Is it something that has built-in support in HID-to-Vpad (e.g. Switch Pro Controller, DS3) that might need a config written for use with Retroarch? I'm afraid I can't test this as I don't have Retroarch on my Wii U - I just happened to see the post that should solve your problem.

Last edited by emcintosh,

NotReallySteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I created my own hid2vpad ini and just assumed it would then work in retroarch, that's what I was led to believe elsewhere - that is, it would then just "show up" as a choice of devices against a port (5-16, as you said).
You're saying I still need to create some sort of cfg files for retroarch also? It's just a usb joypad plugged direct to the front usb.

To add to this, a dual shock 3 works with no faffing about at all, it seems built into retroarch to me (it works with no controller folder even present). It feels like my retroarch just isn't recognising any hid2vpad ini files at all?

Last edited by NotReallySteve,

Nullinga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can i use Dance Mat with GC Port on Wii U with HID to VPAD?

what adapter i need?

and how it works? (what games support.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can i use Dance Mat with GC Port on Wii U with HID to VPAD? what adapter i need? and how it works? (what games support.)

You *should* be able to use the official Nintendo or Mayflash GC to USB adapter. HID to Vpad has built-in support for GameCube controllers this way. If it's like this: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/lL4AAOSwkX1ZdQVd/s-l1600.jpg
it has d-pad directions, A, B, Start and Z. So you might be able to control dancing or NES games with it, but not much else. If you have a game that only needs the d-pad and four buttons that aren't A+B+S+Z, you could remap the dance mat's controls by writing your own config file.

Nullinga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
628D34F3-BC2D-4FC6-9BCF-7DDC580DCE1F.png
but on vwii (wii) games i not can use hid to vpad or ?

how to play wii games (Dance Dance Revolution) vwii mode on wii u with the Adapter and a Dance Mat.

Attachments

• 4B0DA252-4C47-4626-B601-FDC6CE5D7B7D.png
    4B0DA252-4C47-4626-B601-FDC6CE5D7B7D.png
    651.8 KB · Views: 166

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 205357but on vwii (wii) games i not can use hid to vpad or ?

how to play wii games (Dance Dance Revolution) vwii mode on wii u with the Adapter and a Dance Mat.

You are right - HID to Vpad is only for Wii U not vWii. You could try one of the Mayflash adaptors (https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BS520SG/ref=dp_olp_afts?ie=UTF8&condition=all or http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W014.html) that lets you plug a GC controller into a Wiimote (but may have problems with the later ones with built-in MotionPlus) and make it show up as a Classic Controller. The GC to USB one would need support written into the *game*, as the Wii doesn't exactly have an operating system. Otherwise your best bet is to get a Wii that has GameCube ports (they removed them in later models).

Nullinga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i get today this Adapter
3906E760-5132-421A-913A-910EC62C2A5C.jpeg
what next steps to get this working with Dance Mat ?

i can not believe it works in vWii Mode on WiiU with a Dance Mat.

i have 2 wiimote (with and without motionplus)

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i get today this Adapter
what next steps to get this working with Dance Mat ?
i can not believe it works in vWii Mode on WiiU with a Dance Mat.
i have 2 wiimote (with and without motionplus)

Connect it to the socket on the end of the wiimote (try the non-motionplus one - it is reported to have better compatibility and it's not like you'll be waving the wiimote while using the dance mat) and plug the GC plug into it. It should now appear to DDR as a classic controller.

Reactions: Nullinga

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed that the home button is not working at all with this. It registers and shows it in HID TO VPAD but it does not actually recognize the home button on the home screen with the xbox controller.

Yes, this is a known limitation. It's mentioned in the controller patcher wiki. ISTR the reason (mentioned in a post here?) for disabling the Home button being that a second press of the Home button wouldn't exit the menu.

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
anyone got this working with shovel knight? it works just fine all the way but when I open the game, it stops functionating.
If the controller is set to P1 and you connect something like a Wiimote as P1 too, the controller will work but I don't think the idea is habing teo controllers at the same Player to just use one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong