OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
e3-2009the-grinder-20090526041013371-000.jpg

The Grinder is an online cooperative FPS reminiscent of Left 4 Dead. You can play as four unique hunters that kill monsters such as vampires and werewolves. Expect light RPG elements. Apparently up to four players online with countless enemies on screen at once. Wii motion plus will be used for them having a Japanese assassin as a character. Expect all the bells and whistles from an online experience like Wii speak, leader boards, and achievements. Split screen co-op is an option for those without wi-fi. Expect a holiday 2010 release.

It seems to me that High Voltage justs looks at what is popular on 360 and makes a Wii version for us. Not complaining though.

Source

Be sure to check out Gladiator A.D. as well for more High Voltage goodness. And go pre-order the Conduit now!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Just finished reading about it.. this is 100 times better than the Gladiator thing..

Sounds pretty much like Left 4 Dead on the Wii.. with swords, werewolves and vampires!

Also, looks better than The Conduit, only bad part is that we'll have to wait until Holiday 2010 for it..
frown.gif

edit:

Also..
e3-2009the-grinder-20090526041015074.jpg

Shame on you Capcom!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
dinofan01 said:
CockroachMan said:
Shame on you Capcom!
I don't follow. Why shame on Capcom? You mean shame on Konami for not making a real 3d castlevania on Wii?

Dead Rising.. number of enemies on screen.. all that crap
tongue.gif

From the interview:
QUOTE said:
During our in-house testing, we have been able to see up-to 65 enemies on screen at once. These were initial tests… [Smiles]

QUOTEIGN: Nice! Will the Grinder feature the same level of customizable controls as The Conduit?

Kerry: No, it will have even more customization options. The Conduit set the bar with the level of customization for console games and we plan to leap over that bar. We are looking at giving players even more control over how to play the game.

We're also done a lot of work under the hood to ensure that our monsters, weapons, and pickups spawn in unique locations each time you play the game.

smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like they've been playing Left 4 Dead then, still another unoriginal title but if it makes a good game I'll be happy.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks quite good, but it's too similar to Left 4 Dead for my liking :\.

EDIT:
Well, I looked through the interview, and they seem to be saying it'll have online achievements, more custom weapons, multiple paths in levels that are randomly affected and a very destructible environment. It may be similar to Left 4 Dead, but I think those features'll make up for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: damn I have no 10 dollar bill