Homebrew Homebrew Channel Skin Requests

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump for the new theme, Gir with a Cupcake! There ya go, DinohScene. Hope you, and everybody else, likes it.

Weather in my part of the country has been awful, so that promised Mega Man theme may take some time to get to. My church keeps canceling services due to crappy road conditions. Better safe than dead. ^_^

Please keep the suggestions, thoughts, questions, and concerns coming! I think I finally have the means to do these regularly again. ^_^

Reactions: DinohScene

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This bump has a purpose. Instead of uploading a new theme (which I'm still working on the requested Hello Kitty, trying to get my Mega Man one, and just gathering resources for other ideas), I'm updating the poll. I've decided to make a theme for each 3DS game I own (excluding Skylanders, as there really isn't a specific 3DS scope for that game). Since Mario 3D Land is already done, I've made a list of the other games I own (and preordered, as Monster Hunter is in there). The poll closes in a week. After that week, I'll make the theme(s) with the most votes. Any votes that go for suggestions in comments, please make it clear in your comment that that is so. Regardless, any suggestions in the comments will be added to the list of "I'll try my best to see what I can do." Usually, everything in that list gets made.

Happy voting!

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally recovered my MegaMan 10 theme! Its posted on the first post.

Extracting the theme.zip from the Homebrew Channel's save file is possible! Just extract using SaveGame Manager GX, and its right there in the folder created! Had to make a new icon.png and meta.xml, but that's no biggie.

Enjoy the recovered theme, and keep the votes coming in for my next theme based on my 3DS collection! (I can't be the only one to vote, come on!)

As always, feel free to leave your suggestions. Anything suggested will eventually get made!

EDIT: Special thanks to raulpica for making this topic a sticky!

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Progress report - Gathering resources for poll related themes. Slowly working on requested Hello Kitty theme. Thinking of going through old posts to see what requested themes were missed that could be possible. Also, work is getting busy, so progress may be slow. My wife works all week, so my evenings will be available to chug along, but currently Assassin's Creed Revelations is very hard to pull away from. >.<

I'm expecting the Hello Kitty theme to be done by the end of the week. Is anybody else planning on voting, posting, or making suggestions? I feel really bad with this constant chain of posts.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Theme! Hello Kitty, as requested by DinohScene.

That takes care of current requests. I'll be looking through and making a list of outstanding requests, and it looks like I'll be making two themes due to lack of votes in the poll.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm first going to be knocking out the 3DS related votes. An even tie between Castlevania: LoS: MoF, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (which I'm paying off today ^_^), and Zelda: OoT 3D. So there will be one more Zelda one coming up. These three themes may take a little while, as I've got a lot of "life" happening right now. Please be patient. ^_^ Minish Cap was a great game though, so I'm sure it will get made soon enough. Thanks for the support!

EDIT: I've been very interested in implementing fonts into some of my themes, but I can never find ones that aren't terribly incomplete. I can't stand seeing boxes replace very common elements. (Some I find don't even have numbers! Really?!)

If anybody can suggest good font files for any of my themes, released, upcoming, or otherwise, I'd love to check them out!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've been stuck under a rock for quite some time it seems. I've been skinning the HBC for a while but I got most of my themes from WiiBrew, these look awesome and can't wait to try some out. Looking forward to all future releases, I love all those franchises so it all sounds great to me. Thanks for taking the time :)

Reactions: MarcusRaven

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brand new theme for Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate. I just finished the main story yesterday. Loved it. Now I need to find everything to see the last cutscene that will hopefully fill the HUGE plot hole they just left alone at the end of Chapter 2. (If you've played it, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.)

Next up will be Zelda OoT 3D. I am having a little trouble finding certain resources, so does anybody know if its possible to rip the 2D assets from a 3DS game?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bah, so busy. Tax refund came in, so I've been paying rent, fixing cars, and finally getting a Wii U (should arrive today). I have a Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate theme prepared, and it actually has three different background flavors. I'm trying to decide if I should upload my personal favorite, or just all of them. Regardless, gotta find the time to pack them.

The Zelda 3D theme may have to wait until some more proprietary resources become available (or 3DS rom hacking, whichever comes first). BUT, I may be able to church out some nice Wii Zelda themes, as my pursuit of the Monster Hunter theme allowed me to learn a technique to rip and convert the graphics from a Wii ISO. (So, in admittance, the Monster Hunter theme is mostly Wii elements with 3 Ultimate backgrounds, but its essentially the same.)

Watch this topic for the Monster Hunter update. My wife said post all three variants, so you guys may be in for a treat. ^_^

Reactions: MassiveRican

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember when I said I'd comb through this topic and work on themes that were requested that never happened? Well, I've got a Phoenix Wright theme incoming. ^_^ I've got to get it home and test it, and I may need to tweek a little, but keep a look out for it starting tomorrow.

On the note of requested themes, here's the list I've compiled of old and new:

Zelda OoT 3d (From the poll, may be significantly delayed until 3DS rom hacking occurs.)
Phoenix Wright (Done, expected as soon as tomorrow, after testing.)
Zelda Minish Cap
MegaMan Star Force
Street Fighter
Chrono Trigger
Batman
Metroid Other M

So that's my current list. Keep 'em coming! I'd love to add to this list. ^_^

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it is my kids Wii...

Youngest would vote for Skylanders Theme
Daughter would vote for Just Dance/Rockband theme
Oldest son would vote for 'I don't give a crap long as I can play games' :)

Myself, if it ain't broke don't fix it :) - Anything that is an icon to Nintendo: Mario, Pokémon, Donkey Kong

ISO-Man

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigi's Mansion (Using mostly resources from Dark Moon's website, there's one thing in there from the original Mansion) will be up tomorrow. Gotta get it home and test it first, but it looks promising. ^_^

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon theme is UP! Its my birthday and you guys get the gift. Isn't that nice? ^_^

So, after watching the latest Nintendo Direct, I've been inspired to make even MORE themes. Yoshi's Island, Zelda: ALttP, and Animal Crossing all comes to mind. Keep a look out for what comes next!

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon theme is UP! Its my birthday and you guys get the gift. Isn't that nice? ^_^

So, after watching the latest Nintendo Direct, I've been inspired to make even MORE themes. Yoshi's Island, Zelda: ALttP, and Animal Crossing all comes to mind. Keep a look out for what comes next!

I second that ALttP Theme i almost busted one when i saw the announcement :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...