Homebrew Homebrew Development

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Some parting gifts:

basic "homebrew elf" -> ".3ds" : https://anonfiles.com/file/2a887e7e7b9996f14853c5defefdec01 (remember elf needs to be built properly, use this linker script) (Requires makerom, download it if you haven't already done so)

PlayCoinSetter.3ds -> *URL Removed* (someone was going to do it)
Is anyone able to use this to generate working versions of the other sdk tools? I've gotten as far as being able to make SaveDataFiler and Devmenu show up but on launch they give an error.

20140511_133527.jpg

20140511_161407.jpg

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
GW doesn't give us enough rights for the dev apps.
Do you know which permissions are allowed? After I enabled them all it now gives a "Game card was removed" error so it seems like you're right.
Edit: SaveDataMove permission is disallowed as well so any save manipulation homebrew is out of the question. Well this sucks.

Edit2: There must be something more to it, because the PlayCoinSetter I repacked myself doesn't work like the one 3DSGuy posted, and I don't see any related permissions that need to be enabled. It gives the "An error has occurred, hold the power button to turn the power off" error.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
surely the nature of the exploit, we are able to do whatever we want, but using gateway, it is they who block us. given time we will be able to do everything without gw, just, only if people strive to work and make it happen. if people just accept what gw give us and do nothing more, then we are stuck with what gw give us... :)
it will be ridiuclous if someone has to hack gateway, so, we go to ds profile, load the exploit to hack 3ds, then in gw mode, we have to load some .3ds that hacks gw mode... lol

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Copy 3DS_Guy's files into your project (and make sure you are using correct linker script) and add this to your makefile:

Code:
.PHONY:=all

all: $(PROJECTNAME).3ds

$(PROJECTNAME).3ds: $(PROJECTNAME).elf
    $(CURDIR)/makerom.exe -f cci -o $(PROJECTNAME).3ds -rsf gw_workaround.rsf -target d -exefslogo -elf $(PROJECTNAME).elf -icon icon.bin -banner banner.bin

Now when you run make you will get a .3DS ROM!

Reactions: st4rk

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Most of the sources in the first post are designed to make a Launcher.dat which runs in ARM 9 mode using python tools.

So, here's a more recent template (though it will probably be obsolete soon):

http://filetrip.net/dl?L8XiLzNOZt

Just make sure you have libctru in the same directory as the 3DSTemplate directory, so:

Code:
- libctru
- 3DSTemplate
    - source

Then you can just run make command on 3DSTemplate and it will build 3DSTemplate.3ds.

Note: None of this is my code, all credit goes to Smealum, 3DSGuy, et al. I have just adapted the makefile to build a GW compatible 3DS ROM.

Reactions: st4rk

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Edit: SaveDataMove permission is disallowed as well so any save manipulation homebrew is out of the question. Well this sucks.

Why are you so sure? For me, it's pretty obvious that this is just the regular userland mode, the same environment for regular games. I mean, if an application like Pokebank can manipulate save files of different games, for sure you can still execute something like that from Gateway.

Reactions: cearp

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to my world. Basically, all homebrew will now be made as 3DS files, and anyone that doesn't have a Gateway will be completely SOL.

This sorta bums me out too, I REALLY don't feel like supporting gateway for running homebrew :/ Really hope someone figures out a workaround (commercial rom loading included or not, really I don't care either way)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Welcome to my world. Basically, all homebrew will now be made as 3DS files, and anyone that doesn't have a Gateway will be completely SOL.
if they will now all be made into .3ds files, what is stopping people converting them from .3ds back into how they were before?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8