Homebrew Homebrew Development

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the ps3 taught people anything is that 1 mistake can bring the whole thing down , what was once considered one of the best security implementations ended up the butt of many jokes.....well at least 4 :P
Hmm, I'm not really familiar with sony so I wouldn't know about that, but yeah, all it takes is one flaw to open up a system.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Guys i'm experiencing a problem... Once i open build.bat and i try to compile the default 3DS Template's main.c file, i get that:

Code:
3DS
main.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -MMD -MP -MF /c/devkitPro/Projects/3DS/build/main.d -g -Wall -
O2 -mword-relocations -save-temps -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -mfloat-abi=s
oftfp -march=armv6k -mtune=mpcore -I/c/devkitPro/Projects/3DS/include -IC:\devki
tPro\libctru/include -I/c/devkitPro/Projects/3DS/build -DARM11 -D_3DS -c /c/devk
itPro/Projects/3DS/source/main.c -o main.o
linking 3DS.elf
built ... 3DS.3dsx
arm-none-eabi-strip: '3DSTemplate.elf': No such file
[ELF ERROR] Too large section size.
Segment size = 0x49c0
Section Size = 0xfff015a0
[ELF ERROR] Failed to process ELF file (-16)
[NCCH ERROR] NCCH Build Process Failed
[RESULT] Failed to build outfile

I already added system variables and (at least i think) i putted all files in the right place. How can i get it to work?

Hmm, I'm not really familiar with sony so I wouldn't know about that, but yeah, all it takes is one flaw to open up a system.

If my memory doesn't fail, i remember that "GeoHotz", a well know hacker, got a PS3 nand dump by using Linux over on his own PS3 (installing another OS was a PS3 feature). He got the keys needed to sign custom code and then someone else started making CFWs. This keys was very similar (if not the same) as the ones of PSP, so it got CFWs, too.

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys i'm experiencing a problem... Once i open build.bat and i try to compile the default 3DS Template's main.c file, i get that:

Code:
3DS
main.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -MMD -MP -MF /c/devkitPro/Projects/3DS/build/main.d -g -Wall -
O2 -mword-relocations -save-temps -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -mfloat-abi=s
oftfp -march=armv6k -mtune=mpcore -I/c/devkitPro/Projects/3DS/include -IC:\devki
tPro\libctru/include -I/c/devkitPro/Projects/3DS/build -DARM11 -D_3DS -c /c/devk
itPro/Projects/3DS/source/main.c -o main.o
linking 3DS.elf
built ... 3DS.3dsx
arm-none-eabi-strip: '3DSTemplate.elf': No such file
[ELF ERROR] Too large section size.
Segment size = 0x49c0
Section Size = 0xfff015a0
[ELF ERROR] Failed to process ELF file (-16)
[NCCH ERROR] NCCH Build Process Failed
[RESULT] Failed to build outfile

I already added system variables and (at least i think) i putted all files in the right place. How can i get it to work?

Open build.bat and rename the "arm-none-eabi-strip 3DSTemplate.elf" to "arm-none-eabi-strip 3DS.elf"

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Gateway is not "part of the Chinese Mafia". It's a part of a business that's been around for a looooong time.

2) Having kernel access would not be incredibly useful for finding exploits in newer versions, because the people capable of finding exploits already have kernel access. Alternatively you can just decrypt the ticket to get the title key to decrypt native_firm and do static analysis.

3) Stop your whining. Go do it yourself and release your work if you feel there is no "moral" problem.

but really i dont see why people cant just accept that people might just not want to make piracy easier....maybe these devs are fans of nintendo and like their work....but also enjoy hacking.....they want to hack and learn about stuff but not damage it by releasing rom loaders

I think gamesquest1 sums it up pretty well. Besides there is absolutely no reason for me to give any of you anything. I don't owe you anything. I already have what I want. What's in it for me? Nothing. So like I said, if you want something go do it yourself. If you can't, then your obviously not a coder and have no real reason to have that level of access to the system besides using it for piracy.

Thank you for the template st4rk. It is nice. :D

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think devs have been fairly accomodating i have stuff to play about with, the stuff thats available already is probably fairly above my level so for me i can have a little mess around and try to learn....better than being thrown in the deep end :lol:.i think some people dont realise the risks that also come with having kernel access i.e bricking your 3ds if you dont know what your doing and maybe even people sharing some sort of brick code intentionally....and i think we know who's favorite trick that is, especially if people are going after their buisness.....right now its a nice equilibrium and fairly safe

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Guys now i'm ready. So, how do i start developing something? I wrote NDS homebrews till yesterday, can i keep using the same language and the same instructions? I was using devkitpro+libnds, which has a great online documentation. There's nothing about ctrulib, so can i continue to use libnds instructions? Like if i wanna get keys status (Up, Down, Held) or wait for vblank?, how can i do that?

Plus, could you tell me how to start with a very simple homebrew that shows an Hello World text on the bottom screen? Nothing else...

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys now i'm ready. So, how do i start developing something? I wrote NDS homebrews till yesterday, can i keep using the same language and the same instructions? I was using devkitpro+libnds, which has a great online documentation. There's nothing about ctrulib, so can i continue to use libnds instructions? Like if i wanna get keys status (Up, Down, Held) or wait for vblank?, how can i do that?

Plus, could you tell me how to start with a very simple homebrew that shows an Hello World text on the bottom screen? Nothing else...

No, the things change here, like drawText, you need do it by youself :c

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Gateway is not "part of the Chinese Mafia". It's a part of a business that's been around for a looooong time.

2) Having kernel access would not be incredibly useful for finding exploits in newer versions, because the people capable of finding exploits already have kernel access. Alternatively you can just decrypt the ticket to get the title key to decrypt native_firm and do static analysis.

3) Stop your whining. Go do it yourself and release your work if you feel there is no "moral" problem.

I think gamesquest1 sums it up pretty well. Besides there is absolutely no reason for me to give any of you anything. I don't owe you anything. I already have what I want. What's in it for me? Nothing. So like I said, if you want something go do it yourself. If you can't, then your obviously not a coder and have no real reason to have that level of access to the system besides using it for piracy.

Thank you for the template st4rk. It is nice. :D

^ this is the most ironic goddamned thing i've read on here in a long time.

Reactions: Huntereb

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Please explain it better. How can i write a simple text?

Is there any kind of online documentation? I mean, something like that: http://libnds.devkitpro.org/

You need write your own DrawText system and no, there is no documentation if i am not mistaken, but i can help with it, just give me time :P

Cjuub

Trophies
XP
Country
Please explain it better. How can i write a simple text?

Is there any kind of online documentation? I mean, something like that: http://libnds.devkitpro.org/
There is no lib/documentation of that kind. 3DS homebrew is still in its early stages and your best bet is to look at old source code from projects in this thread and by implementing stuff yourself using the 3DS documentation at http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Main_Page. If it's too much I suggest waiting for smea to release his exploit, I'm sure the homebrew community will progress faster after that.

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Look at different homebrew source code. Like my breakout3ds, and nop90's tetris

There is no lib/documentation of that kind. 3DS homebrew is still in its early stages and your best bet is to look at old source code from projects in this thread and by implementing stuff yourself using the 3DS documentation at http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Main_Page. If it's too much I suggest waiting for smea to release his exploit, I'm sure the homebrew community will progress faster after that.

Thank you guys! You gave me a great help! I will start looking at it right now!

P.S. 3DS Templates gives me Gamecard error on my 3DS. Is it normal? (maybe because it doesn't nothing). On NDS i inserter a while(1) cycle in order to keep it alive. Do i need to do the same there?

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
So i cannot simply write iprintf("Something");? That's a big problem...

P.S. 3DS Templates gives me Gamecard error on my 3DS. Is it normal? (maybe because it doesn't nothing). On NDS i inserter a while(1) cycle in order to keep it alive. Do i need to do the same there?

Yeah i know, but i will work on it to help the peoples, just give me more time :P

About the error, what you did exact ? the *example* just show colors on TopScreen.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah i know, but i will work on it to help the peoples, just give me more time :P

About the error, what you did exact ? the *example* just show colors on TopScreen.

I didn't touched main.c at all. All i've done is compiling .3ds file with build.bat. I putted it on my microsd card and started it from 9.0 emunand. Once i open it, it says gamecard removed and then it falls back to sysnand... If needed, my Gateway card suffers a SPI failure issue, so i can't use it at all. I converted all my roms to card2 format in order to get them to boot (they gave me the same error).

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I didn't touched main.c at all. All i've done is compiling .3ds file with build.bat. I putted it on my microsd card and started it from 9.0 emunand. Once i open it, it says gamecard removed and then it falls back to sysnand... If needed, my Gateway card suffers a SPI failure issue, so i can't use it at all. I converted all my roms to card2 format in order to get them to boot (they gave me the same error).

Really very weird, gamesquest1 did you have this problem ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong