1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Which is better, homebrew (including homebrew games) on the DS or regular nintendo games on DS?

Wait how do I make this a Poll?

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Easily regular Nintendo DS games. DS Homebrew is a fine thing, having the best homebrew section of any handheld, ever (arguably), but the quality of the regular Nintendo DS games is so much higher. There's obviously going to be crap stuff on the DS, but the amount of quality titles makes up for that.

EDIT: Also, I've added in a poll for you (it was under poll options, under the topic title area), and trashed your duplicate topic
smile.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Homebrew is nice, but are no match for commercial games.

The only homebrew game I played for a substantial amount of time was StillAliveDS.

However homebrew IS good for utilities that use the abilities of a flashcard & the DS to do things commercial games could never do.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Commercial Ds games for now, but the only minus is that Commercial DS games will eventually die, but homebrew will live on until nobody knows what the hell a DS is.
tongue.gif

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The Teej said:
Easily regular Nintendo DS games. DS Homebrew is a fine thing, having the best homebrew section of any handheld, ever (arguably), but the quality of the regular Nintendo DS games is so much higher. There's obviously going to be crap stuff on the DS, but the amount of quality titles makes up for that.

agreed 100%.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
How is this even a question?! Commercial games have larger teams working on them, go through more testing phases and have to impress a publisher to distribute them before they even hit the shelves. They're made with the intention of rakeing in cash.

Homebrew is made by teams of 1 - 4 people, goes through a little bit of testing (namebly you lot) and released as is. They love what they do and spend their free time bringing it to life with no promise of payment or return on their investment. They do it because they enjoy it, end of, not to give some ungrateful little sod a new game to play for free with a clean conscience.

I have a lot of respect for Homebrew authors, it's threads like this that make you wonder why they bother
hate2.gif

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Theres crap homebrew the same as theirs crap commercial games, but those several games and apps worth having are just that--worth having, so even thought I voted commercial games, I think that the best of the 2 is actually better.

D

Deleted User

The Teej said:
having the best homebrew section of any handheld, ever (arguably)
Yes, arguably xD I'd personally say PSP had a better homebrew scene, but whatever.

For the DS, Commercial games easily own homebrew games.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
There are also crap games like the 'Imagine' games made by crappy ubisoft.
nyanya.gif
Does anyone know any good games ubisoft has made?

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
There are also crap games like the 'Imagine' games made by crappy ubisoft.
nyanya.gif
Does anyone know any good games ubisoft has made?

...and there are the ones that have lots of 'z's in them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus