Which version do you use?

• Total voters

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I've been there (and contributed as well), and it says nothing about that it can't be obtained from someone who got it. It only mentions how it was released.
Like with the SpotPass Update set of 4 puzzles, but we each only got 1 piece for 1 of them, and then had to streetpass for the others, or anyone who started their PuzzleSwap later than everyone else and had to do so for EVERY puzzle other than their starting one, it should be streetpassable.

Also, anyone should at least be able to see them in the list, just like when a non-Japanese system passes mine and sees the ChibiRobo and Animal Sports ones, even though they can't get them.

That's why I'm looking for information that specifically confirms/denies this as doable. Considering I've only found 4 Japan users, one of which most likely (like mine) has never been to Japan to mix with the bulk, and none of them even had two puzzles I couldn't see, it's quite possible I've just never come across those puzzles.

datsui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes, I've been there (and contributed as well), and it says nothing about that it can't be obtained from someone who got it. It only mentions how it was released.
Like with the SpotPass Update set of 4 puzzles, but we each only got 1 piece for 1 of them, and then had to streetpass for the others, or anyone who started their PuzzleSwap later than everyone else and had to do so for EVERY puzzle other than their starting one, it should be streetpassable.

Also, anyone should at least be able to see them in the list, just like when a non-Japanese system passes mine and sees the ChibiRobo and Animal Sports ones, even though they can't get them.

That's why I'm looking for information that specifically confirms/denies this as doable. Considering I've only found 4 Japan users, one of which most likely (like mine) has never been to Japan to mix with the bulk, and none of them even had two puzzles I couldn't see, it's quite possible I've just never come across those puzzles.

firstly, its mentioned as limited puzzle for a reason
next if you are looking for details supporting it (anyone who is good with Japanese language ??help required fro confirmation )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StreetPass_Mii_Plaza
http://t011.org/game/52490.html

its stated its available only from 2012/07/21 to 2012/09/30

besides that i have tried streetpassed my friends who have that puzzle ,it just displayed a ? on that panel

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm rather good with Japanese, so thank you for that site.
Sigh... the last line there comes to "It looks like the puzzle can't be obtained by passing". That's a bummer.

Still, I'm willing to push hope to the limit! ^_^

So, your system is Japanese? I've seen a couple via the HomePass, but none ever have the puzzles, so I keep wondering if they're just from people that imported the system (like me).

datsui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
weird is it me or this it the program trying to conflict itself
i am currently using the 1.20 version of the program
i just tried for the first time its working fine
after the second tag which reach the limit of 10 (wasted 2 :( ), i stop the program to clear the tags off.
when i turn it back on, it stop giving me tags OO
anyone facing the same problem as me ?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have a TP-LINK TL-WN721N wifi dongle has anyone managed to do it with this one? I tried but this is what happens. In cmd mac "changes" i hear the unplugg noise from windows and then nothing it keeps changing. I think the mac cant be changed :/ has anyone tried it with this usb dongle?

LabSkier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm having a problem with the ssid
it keeps naming itself "attwifi 2" and i'm not typing a 2 in the cmd line, I'm wondering if there is another attwifi somewhere on my computer. I checked virtual router but thats not it. I'm not sure what could be causing this but I think its keeping my 3ds from connecting properly.

(I'm not connected by wire right now but when i try to get this to work I am)

Attachments

• attwifi2.jpg
    attwifi2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 523

BeNiSh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I have PCI card TP-LINK TL-WN951N on Win 7 Ultimate SP1, and I'm not able to change MAC address of wifi. when macshifter (or MAC cycle) change MAC of real card, virtual device "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" is immediately turned off with error warning icon in Device Manager and Connection dissapear from Network Connections manager in Control panels. when reset MAC of TP-LINK to factory default, MS Virtual WiFi adapter is again ready to use. with all working adapters I'm able make attwifi network, but only with real MAC address. I tried latest drivers and dont know, what can I do now? any idea?

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have PCI card TP-LINK TL-WN951N on Win 7 Ultimate SP1, and I'm not able to change MAC address of wifi. when macshifter (or MAC cycle) change MAC of real card, virtual device "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" is immediately turned off with error warning icon in Device Manager and Connection dissapear from Network Connections manager in Control panels. when reset MAC of TP-LINK to factory default, MS Virtual WiFi adapter is again ready to use. with all working adapters I'm able make attwifi network, but only with real MAC address. I tried latest drivers and dont know, what can I do now? any idea?

It's quite possible that the manufacture may have put protection against changing the MAC. However, it's more likely your card just doesn't support it.

Nick H

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to set this up for 2 days straight without much success. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium and followed the instructions for setting this up on a laptop with a built-in Atheros AR9285 wireless card. The problem I am having is that when I change the MAC address of the wireless connection ("Wi-Fi"), either in device manager, using the Macshift command line or MACycle, I cannot restart the hosted network. When I change the MAC for "Wi-Fi", the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter (attwifi) in Device Manager has an exclamation and when I look at it, it says that the device cannot start (code 10). As soon as I remove the spoofed MAC from the "Wi-Fi" connection, or replace it with the MAC for the wireless card or router, the exclamation disappears and I can restart the hosted network again. Does this suggest the MAC is hardcoded on the wireless card?

I can get the 3DS to connect to attwifi, and occasionally the Nintendo Zone icon flashes, but when i close the lid, no SP hits, because i cant change the MAC. I think i'm nearly there but the macshift in any form doesn't work... any suggestions anyone? Originally I attempted this wireless but now i've switched to ethernet and leaving the "Wi-Fi" unconnected. I'm sharing the Wi-Fi connection with ethernet. When i set this up, prior to changing the MAC, the 3DS is authenticated, but as soon as i attempt to change the mac, i can't start attwifi again...

does this all make sense? i tried to keep it short but thought i'd add as much info as possible to saving going back and forth!

Nick H

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think i'm nearly there but the macshift in any form doesn't work...

I don't know why i wrote that!

I CAN change the MAC of the Wireless adapter (Wi-Fi) but it stops the virtual adapter, and it can't be started again unless the MAC of the wireless adapter is set to default or not present.

darkx12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weird.
It was working all night for me, then after the firmware update just now whenever I close my 3ds it only shows up in virtual router for a few seconds then disappears without giving me a streetpass. ??

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I managed to get this working today. I tried the first mac address and decided that 450 seconds between switching was probably too long. So I've changed it so 100seconds.

Am I ok to start again or do I have to wait 8 hours now?

Can someone give me more information on this? regards

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a TP-LINK TL-WN721N wifi dongle has anyone managed to do it with this one? I tried but this is what happens. In cmd mac "changes" i hear the unplugg noise from windows and then nothing it keeps changing. I think the mac cant be changed :/ has anyone tried it with this usb dongle?
I have a TL-wn821N and I can't change the mac adress under windows 7. But can under windows 8. I suspect there's something different in the tp link drivers for windows 7 that don't allow it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1