Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What's been your experience with Coronavirus so far?
For me, I live in Indiana in the US, and while we don't have a 24-hour curfew, restaurants, movie theatres and most public places are closed. There is a travel ban currently, meaning we can't leave the state. It feels very surreal. I've gone outside for walks, but haven't driven anywhere in a week. I was supposed to have school this week, but all the schools are closed.
For the past 3 days, all I've done is play Minecraft (for the first time in years) with 3 of my friends from 1 in the morning to 1 at night, and we've been using Skype to talk with each other. My mom won't allow people into the house and she won't allow me to go to other people's houses, so I've been dealing with this mostly by Skyping and playing Minecraft with my friends.

What have you done? Found any new hobbies or picked up any old ones? Do you know anyone with Coronavirus? What have your cities and countries done to prevent the spread of Coronavirus? I'm curious to see how other people deal with this.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been in the frontlines for this and not gonna lie it has gotten a tad bit scary. Some people I know have gotten it now. I think given where we are at with this there is a high likelihood i will catch it. I just want to be as of much help until that happens?
(then if it does happen to hope that its not a severe case)

In the US caregivers are still in the dark with the lack of testing... hopefully that will change soon.

However, for once in my life I feel like I am helping towards something important. I want to be as of much help as I can be.

As for life itself, its all normal like getting up for work and clocking in. Its until i get to the checkpoints implemented at my workplace now where our new reality has sunk in. Going home is the same. So in terms of work im still pretty much doing the 9-5 thing.

for getting my mind off of it? fighting games. I have made a new friend recently that is a member of this site who is an absolute delight to play fighting games with so there is that ^_^

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Yesterday I saw a coronavirus out on the street, so I got my nailbat and organized a posse. We explained to it in simple terms that we don't like foreign viruses around these parts and gently encouraged it to move on. It didn't listen. Said something about having millions of wives and children to feed, but we were resolute and stood our ground. We had no choice but to turn it back into bat soup. Needless to say it won't be back around this area, or any area, ever again.

Brizas99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Just staying at home as our country is under lockdown. It's kind of weird being in this kind of situation. But it's a great time to spend some quality time with your family (if you're staying at home), do stuff that you enjoy, remember favorite hobbies. But personally, I spend more time on my studies, because there's lots of free time and I want to use it efficiently

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
No People around from which I can stay away at the Moment.
(I am Omega ? :D).

So I live my Life and that is it.
With my Wife and our Pets.

We have to eat and drink,enough Stuff to distract or Entertain us.
(Nothing other than BEFORE the Virus Restrictions).

We go out with our Doggies early in the Morning and late at Night,so also no People around.:)

The Question is,how THEY can handle this Situation ? One Week in "Self Quarantine" --> Ok,I am sure that will not affect them.

But a second and third Week (or maybe longer) on the hold ??? Man,that will be interesting.....

- Kids ? Wow...they will be for SURE "crawling up the Walls"......
- "workaholic" Parents ? Hehehe.....that will be be very,very Interesting....they can not sit still for 5 Minutes in "real Life"....

Yes,the next Weeks would be very interesting......:)

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had to put my budding attempt at going out and being active and trying to do real world things on hold for the safety of my parents, so it's back to being a shut-in until it blows over. Maybe next time.
At least this time I'm actually being advised to sit at home and do nothing, since I'm unemployed and the government has said I'll continue to get job-seekers benefits despite not actually seeking any jobs during this nightmare.

Last edited by Seriel,

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just living like normal (I play video games, work on college projects, walk the dog then play some more games and go on my exercise bike) except college is cancelled so I'm waiting to hear how we're proceeding with that, I've had some emails and we've created a couple of ms teams and a discord so far

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I literally just started a new job in sales, so I am currently dealing with the public right now .-. When I am not working, I am doing what I always did, stay home. I am not a very social person in real life, my girlfriend discribes me as a "House cat/demon."

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wife is T1D and is home working. I wish I could say the same but our CEO thinks that medical robotics automation is somehow essential to this whole thing so I have to keep going into work.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind working through this crisis, and I'm not really worried about me. I'll get it and be fine. I am worried about getting it and giving it to people without knowing it thanks to needing to be part of the world still. And possibly giving it to my wife. I just don't feel like I am doing my part to #BluntTheCurve other than supporting the hospitals in a way.

Last edited by BORTZ,

boomerang42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a bunch of game devs on itch.io making their games free for a while because of corona (really nice to see so many devs doing that) so I've been going through those.

There's more every day and a fair number of them look pretty decent. Someone even made a huge list to try to gather them all in one place.

https://itch.io/c/759545/self-isolation-on-a-budget

Reactions: Alexander1970

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people who raid the stores of toilet paper and hand sanitizer and flips them on eBay to make a profit makes me start to understand why some people fucking hate humanity. I stocked up on toilet paper before it got crazy, because I had a feeling this would happen. I cannot find any hand sanitizer in stores at all. Lucky for me I had bought a bottle last month. I fear the people more than the fucking virus. Panic buying is no joke.

As for going out, it's funny to see everyone avoid everyone when walking around. My jaw dropped when I seen a playground full of kids playing together. I guess I can see why the amount of infected people is starting to go up in my city.

It's honestly pretty surreal tbh, I've never seen something like this happen. So many places are closed. Gamestop is still opened, lol.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The people who raid the stores of toilet paper and hand sanitizer and flips them on eBay to make a profit makes me start to understand why some people fucking hate humanity. I stocked up on toilet paper before it got crazy, because I had a feeling this would happen. I cannot find any hand sanitizer in stores at all. Lucky for me I had bought a bottle last month. I fear the people more than the fucking virus. Panic buying is no joke.

As for going out, it's funny to see everyone avoid everyone when walking around. My jaw dropped when I seen a playground full of kids playing together. I guess I can see why the amount of infected people is starting to go up in my city.

It's honestly pretty surreal tbh, I've never seen something like this happen. So many places are closed. Gamestop is still opened, lol.
I am quite annoyed, I don't have any more soap home, I am washing my hands with shampoo because they have rid the stores out of soap... and don't get me started with the toilet paper.

PS: this very much (translation overimposed)
upload_2020-3-19_0-11-40.png

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The government recommends everyone to pretty much not go outside unless necessary, which isn't much different from what I normally do, so things haven't changed much :P
Only thing is I can't go over to my moms since she thinks she has corona (they won't test people) so I'm even more lonely than usual.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.