Homebrew How can we custom a 3DS (Personalisation)

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you find another 3DS of the same model, you could swap shells if you felt like it. mix and match.

aside from that, with badges and themes and splashes, not sure what else can be done

Reactions: Deleted User

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, with Luma you can change the System Version string in settings to say whatever you want. But aside from that, I think you're talking about trying to customize or change the overall operating system of the 3DS.

I think I've seen one instance where somebody tried to do this, but then closed the project. I think it was pretty dangerous with a risk of bricking, at least at the time.

Other than that, I think you're out of luck. You can try Sunshell or Cyanogen3DS, but I'm not sure that either can launch commercial games, and I think they haven't been updated in a long time.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
You can also change the system font.

img_0012-jpg.47953

Reactions: xJoelituh

Shaffy

Buffed Paddler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dont care of bricking with my beautiful NTRBoot

Changing Font of Home Menu i see that very good because of envryption thing i will try with my custom theme that would be great

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have fun customizing your system with unecessary modifications. The bulk of the customization comes from splash screens and themes, you're not going to get a whole lot more of goodness from anything else. You could however get an animated bootscreen pretty easily with Bax https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bax-boot-animations-for-your-3ds.497717/

Other than that you just play your games and enjoy the system instead of being bored and looking for more to add, which really there isn't anything that significant outside of themes and splash screen.

Shaffy

Buffed Paddler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah but i place it on my 3DS root can i have luma ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have fun customizing your system with unecessary modifications. The bulk of the customization comes from splash screens and themes, you're not going to get a whole lot more of goodness from anything else. You could however get an animated bootscreen pretty easily with Bax https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bax-boot-animations-for-your-3ds.497717/

Other than that you just play your games and enjoy the system instead of being bored and looking for more to add, which really there isn't anything that significant outside of themes and splash screen.

I have luma ?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but i place it on my 3DS root can i have luma ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have luma ?

I found out about BAX for the first time today, it's pretty awesome. Yes, you can use it with Luma. You move Luma's boot.firm to /bax/boot.firm, and then put BAX's boot.firm on the root of your SD card.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I dont care of bricking with my beautiful NTRBoot

Changing Font of Home Menu i see that very good because of envryption thing i will try with my custom theme that would be great
Careful with changing the font, it's system wide and can break some apps (homebrew like FBI making you unable to reinstall the original font easily and some games), the fonts should be encoded in A4 format, not A8 like the tools floating around use.

You can edit some things in the home menu like the power off screen, for example to have a custom message when you power off.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
RGB LEDs? Speakers? Transparent or clear housing? I miss the good old PSP modding days.

On the software side, I'd love to see some home menu customization like a game list text menu.
Just like the DS carts or GBA carts text list of games.

Last edited by ov3rkill,
Reactions: plug313

Shaffy

Buffed Paddler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have buy some thing for my 2DS in term of physic i made my custom theme, badges and animated splash screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer