Android how come android is such a piece of shit?

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Android should have user profile support... What kind of tablet is this that you're using? Sometimes companies will take out and add in features as necessary, Samsung is really bad for this.
it's an amazon fire 7 5th gen rooted with a resurrection remix custom rom, which is basically like stock android lolipop

yes they should offer some support of any kind but they off no support of any kind for anything because they know it sucks

but you should not even need support they could have very easily made this shit self explanatory and simple to use

but they made it impossible to use and completely useless
the whole point of user accounts is so you can shar the device but they way they have implemented this is a nightmare which makes it damn near impossible to share a device

force you to use lock screen passwords to have any security at all instead of just having a simple google account password prompt when switching between users on the device
no way to change which account is the owner
and they make you use up all your internal memory and not be able to share apps between users,and have to download them twice and take up twice the memory

Last edited by weatMod,

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pres on the account and it should show you serveral sync option and in that menu you can delete an account. if we speak about the same menu that is^^

Reactions: Subtle Demise

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pres on the account and it should show you serveral sync option and in that menu you can delete an account. if we speak about the same menu that is^^
not sure where you man but i tried that in settings>users and there is nothing there, i posted a pic you can see there is no delete icon next tot he owner account
besides i do not want to delete the account i just wan tto set it as the secondary user and set another account as the primary owner account without deleting everything in that account
but i pretty much gave up on that now, now i am just trying to get the apps to work on the secondary account without having to redownload them all and take up twice the memory because now i am already out of memory and i cant get any apps on the second accounts
not even the same apps i have on the primary account will install in the second account because when i try it says it;s out of memory now

Last edited by weatMod,

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not sure where you man but i tried that in settings>users and there is nothing there, i posted a pic you can see there is no delete icon next tot he owner account
besides i do not want to delete the account
yeah nevermind i was talking about the general linked accounts menu which shoes you stuff like yahoo,facebook but also Google. In that menu you could undo the linking of an google acount to an device.
Maybe if you unlink you acount that way and then link the acount of your parents to it you could swap the owner?

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah nevermind i was talking about the general linked accounts menu which shoes you stuff like yahoo,facebook but also Google. In that menu you could undo the linking of an google acount to an device.
Maybe if you unlink you acount that way and then link the acount of your parents to it you could swap the owner?
i have no idea what you are talking about where is the general linked accounts menu?

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come iPhone users are so salty?
they are both total shit IMO i am no fan boy of either OS i think they both suck in their own ways and i am sure if i had an ipad i would have a similar issue also
but i do not i have an iphone which i have many other issues with
but this problem i am having now would not be an issue on a phone because you generally do not share a phone but it is a huge issue on a tablet because tablets are more often shared devices

my iphone memory is full and i can't even free up space by simply deleting some large video files on the device,now i have to backup and restore the entire device with itunes, this is fucking retarded
the problem is that people who are developers are usually autistic savants who have no communication skills when it comes to human beings
they have no common sense, that is why we always end up with stupid bullshit like this , anyone with common sense would realize that users would want to be able to delte a few videos and photos and immediately get back that space in their memory
but not these fucking autists

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

both sides can be salty.

http://imgur.com/a/Q8oRx
yeah i have no idea what that is
all i have is settings >accounts
and there is nothing in there really ,just a google now app icon the rainbow G in a white circlethen under it a plut sign and it says add account
when i hit add account all i see are bunch of gmail icons and folder icons labeled personal pop3 and imap , exchange and another google now icon
it just looks like something to do with email that is really badly done

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hit google or goolge + it should look like this:
http://imgur.com/a/JReMa
it looks nothing like that but yeah when i hit the google now icon when i'm signed in with the owner account i see
where it says accounts and i see both the primary owner account and the secondary account in there and they have synch icons next tot hem
not sure what tehy do or what they are for synch what to what? yeah i if go into the accounts and hit the 3 vertical dot icon i see the option to remove account, but i i have no clue what that does
what would happen if i removed the primary account?

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
press on you owner acount and you should be able to choose what to sync. In this screen you also can delete an acount via the ... or more

in theory it should remove the acount from you device without deleting anything thats not directly related to it (contacts etc)

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
press on you owner acount and you should be able to choose what to sync. In this screen you also can delete an acount via the ... or more
yeah tells me nothing what am in synching? what to what
it makes no sense at all
what exactly does synch do it doesn't say i assume it does absolutly nothing
because it makes no sense, i don't know what it does
i am logged in as a user so if i hit synch for say gmail what is it supposed to do? what is it supposed to sync from what to where exactly
i already get my gmail so what is it for? it does absolutely nothing totally useless
if i am signed in with my account to the device i already am signed into the services like gmail g+ etc automatically so it's completely useless then and it does nothing right? if am signed in as primary user and i go to the 2nd account and i hit synch for all the services and then i go into gmail it is still the inbox for the primary account and not the second user account , so not sure what this is does actually looks like it does nothing

ok i delete the account then what happens? i lose all the apps i downloaded through the play store and all sideloaded apps and probably xposed framework on the device? so again completely useless
all i want to do is switch which one of the accounts is the primary user i still want to be able to access the account and the apps i DL on it
and be able to use the apps i DL on the primary account on the secondary account without having to DL them all again and take up double the internal memory
so it does not solve any of my problems

if i delete the primary account then does the 2nd account automatically become the primary owner account?
so if i delete the primary owner account then the 2ndary accoint becomes the primary then i add the account back again and it becomes the secondary what will happen? will it just install only the apps i Dl through the play store? or will i still get back my sideloaded apps in that account as well?
this is a fucking mess

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
with sync in the case of gmail it means the automaticly synching with gmail server so that you get notification when you get a new email. If this is deactivated you would need to manually synch it.

I dont exactly know what would happen but i can thing of two thing. Either he automaticly moves the other acount up in the hirachie or stays an local acount until you define one yourself.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah tells me nothing what am in synching? what to what
it makes no sense at all
what exactly does synch do it doesn't say i assume it does absolutly nothing
because it makes no sense, i don't know what it does
i am logged in as a user so if i hit synch for say gmail what is it supposed to do? what is it supposed to sync from what to where exactly
i already get my gmail so what is it for? it does absolutely nothing totally useless
if i am signed in with my account to the device i already am signed into the services like gmail g+ etc automatically so it's completely useless then and it does nothing right? if am signed in as primary user and i go to the 2nd account and i hit synch for all the services and then i go into gmail it is still the inbox for the primary account and not the second user account , so not sure what this is does actually looks like it does nothing

ok i delete the account then what happens? i lose all the apps i downloaded through the play store and all sideloaded apps and probably xposed framework on the device? so again completely useless
all i want to do is switch which one of the accounts is the primary user i still want to be able to access the account and the apps i DL on it
and be able to use the apps i DL on the primary account on the secondary account without having to DL them all again and take up double the internal memory
so it does not solve any of my problems

if i delete the primary account then does the 2nd account automatically become the primary owner account?
so if i delete the primary owner account then the 2ndary accoint becomes the primary then i add the account back again and it becomes the secondary what will happen? will it just install only the apps i Dl through the play store? or will i still get back my sideloaded apps in that account as well?
this is a fucking mess
Hey man android is a pain in the ass I wish I could help, I haven't dealt with changing default users but I'm googling for an answer, have you tried this (copy/paste):

"I believe I had a similar problem. I just bought the Moto X on Verizon. I linked 3 Google accounts to this phone (including my wife's to sync our calendars.) The phone chose my wife's account as the primary so when I sent text messages they would be sent from my wife's Google account. SOLUTION: I went into the Google+ account app, logged out of her account and then the phone asked me which one to log into. Problem solved to change my primary account without factory reset."

I think the google+ app is now just called "Google Settings" it's an app, not the device settings.

Last edited by yuyuyup,
Reactions: VinsCool

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey man android is a pain in the ass I wish I could help, I haven't dealt with changing default users but I'm googling for an answer, have you tried this (copy/paste):

"I believe I had a similar problem. I just bought the Moto X on Verizon. I linked 3 Google accounts to this phone (including my wife's to sync our calendars.) The phone chose my wife's account as the primary so when I sent text messages they would be sent from my wife's Google account. SOLUTION: I went into the Google+ account app, logged out of her account and then the phone asked me which one to log into. Problem solved to change my primary account without factory reset."

I think the google+ app is now just called "Google Settings" it's an app, not the device settings.
not you dont need that app, since you can do the same in the settings.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The "google settings" app is different than the device settings.
the google settings app is an app with many more setting of which you can accses some from the device itself and other not. but the while acount unlinking can be done from the stock settings.
(alas its the google setting managemant pannel of the website in app form)

https://myaccount.google.com/?pli=1

Edit:
if we mean the same app^^"

Last edited by ken28,

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally just factory reset.
You'll lose none of your custom ROM/Root/TWRP stuff. This is a security measure.

EDIT: And if you were able to get custom ROMs on the Fire Tablet, then you should be able to use Titanium Backup to back up your apps and data.

Last edited by AceWarhead,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo