Android how come android is such a piece of shit?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
185qr2.jpg

Reactions: weatMod

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
It's not as good as IOS, but it's competent and usable?
Christ why is everything either perfect or completely irredeemable these days.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come iOS is so-

• Ugly
  • Locked down
  • Un-customizable
  • Incompatible
  • Outdated
  • Privacy invasive
  • Slow
  • Limited
  • Inefficient

hem?
Inefficient and invasive are probably the most Android sounding terms ever. iOS was running fine on the 1GB RAM of iPhones for a long time, while Android was still struggling with RAM management on devices with 4GB RAM. And I laugh at your claim of privacy invasive when Android is with Google. You do realize what that means, right?

Too bad you can't use the iShill insult either, because I prefer Android and use exclusively Android/Nexus devices. But I'm not blind and msled enough to believe some random bullshit with no backing.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inefficient and invasive are probably the most Android sounding terms ever. iOS was running fine on the 1GB RAM of iPhones for a long time, while Android was still struggling with RAM management on devices with 4GB RAM. And I laugh at your claim of privacy invasive when Android is with Google. You do realize what that means, right?

Too bad you can't use the iShill insult either, because I prefer Android and use exclusively Android/Nexus devices. But I'm not blind and msled enough to believe some random bullshit with no backing.
Everything that you say is privacy invasive is able to be turned off.

Oh, and your saying a STOCK Android device would struggle with 4GB of RAM. No. My old 512MB RAM laptop with a 1.0GHz CPU runs Android x86 6.0 just fine.

Reactions: smileyhead

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Inefficient and invasive are probably the most Android sounding terms ever. iOS was running fine on the 1GB RAM of iPhones for a long time, while Android was still struggling with RAM management on devices with 4GB RAM.
Well, of course it's going to run like shit on devices that it's not optimised for!
Take video games for example. PC games need requirements for a reason. A game's not going to run the same on a 2015 and a 2005 machine. On a console though, every... let's say... Wii U's configuration is the exact same. It doesn't matter which one you run it on, because the game's optimised for the console!
It's not Android's fault that manufacturers can't optimise it for their phones. iOS runs fine on iPhones, because it's optimised for the hardware!

AceWarhead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything that you say is privacy invasive is able to be turned off.

Oh, and your saying a STOCK Android device would struggle with 4GB of RAM. No. My old 512MB RAM laptop with a 1.0GHz CPU runs Android x86 6.0 just fine.
Then explain to me why iOS devices have been consistently smoother, last longer, and run better than the latest and greatest from Android for years?
Locked down, un-costimizable and the other stuff, I can give you. But to say Android performs better, iOS is slow, etc. is just blatantly false.

Oh, and wonderful job using a heavily optimized Android version, modified for x86.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, of course it's going to run like shit on devices that it's not optimised for!
Take video games for example. PC games need requirements for a reason. A game's not going to run the same on a 2015 and a 2005 machine. On a console though, every... let's say... Wii U's configuration is the exact same. It doesn't matter which one you run it on, because the game's optimised for the console!
It's not Android's fault that manufacturers can't optimise it for their phones. iOS runs fine on iPhones, because it's optimised for the hardware!
You're missing the point of what I said, but yes. That's the trade-off of an open source system, is that you have to deal with fragmentation. Android has way too many devices it has to support, so optimization isn't as good.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES*
So funny

Edit:

To answer OP and thread title, Android has its roots as a lacking button-based phone OS that has continually been improving over the same outdated base code. So well, in fact, that its a global competitor to Apple's iOS. Unfortunately it doesn't always look like it can hide its history. + there's the added messiness that is the fact that practically no android phone manufacturer ever likes to use stock FW, as if any user on Earth has ever truly benefitted from the vast amounts of stockware and ugly launchers/themes/etc. corps like to shove into their phones

Last edited by Lucifer666,

AceWarhead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So funny

Edit:

To answer OP and thread title, Android has its roots as a lacking button-based phone OS that has continually been improving over the same outdated base code. So well, in fact, that its a global competitor to Apple's iOS. Unfortunately it doesn't always look like it can hide its history. + there's the added messiness that is the fact that practically no android phone manufacturer ever likes to use stock FW, as if any user on Earth has ever truly benefitted from the vast amounts of stockware and ugly launchers/themes/etc. corps like to shove into their phones
It's not as if all of the 3rd party UI's were to no avail. Samsung introduced to us Multi-window, a feature only now being natively added into Stock Android N, LG had Double Tap to Wake, Sony had a great stamina mode, and many other things. Sure, they're ugly and bloated, but they have benefitted many people, and even helped make Android better.

Reactions: dpad_5678

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not as if all of the 3rd party UI's were to no avail. Samsung introduced to us Multi-window, a feature only now being natively added into Stock Android N, LG had Double Tap to Wake, Sony had a great stamina mode, and many other things. Sure, they're ugly and bloated, but they have benefitted many people, and even helped make Android better.
Agreed

My point was more that everyone thought it was cool to abandon stock, even people who didn't have anything new to offer

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more customization there is, the more you have to learn how to customize it to suit you needs.

the less customization there is, the more you have to learn how to do it the one way and only one way.

Apple does the second, where there's only the apple way of doing things, and screw off if you want to customize anything.
android gives you customization out the wazoo, but it can be difficult to know how exactly how to do the one thing if there are multiple customizable moving parts.
windows is...umm..somewhere...between those? depending on which OS
linux hahah well, look up customization in a dictionary and there's linux.

But seriously, it may not be simple, but there is a way. It's infuriating, sure, but there's going to be several ways to achieve what you want to do because it's an android and not an apple.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
The more customization there is, the more you have to learn how to customize it to suit you needs.

the less customization there is, the more you have to learn how to do it the one way and only one way.

Apple does the second, where there's only the apple way of doing things, and screw off if you want to customize anything.
android gives you customization out the wazoo, but it can be difficult to know how exactly how to do the one thing if there are multiple customizable moving parts.
windows is...umm..somewhere...between those? depending on which OS
linux hahah well, look up customization in a dictionary and there's linux.

But seriously, it may not be simple, but there is a way. It's infuriating, sure, but there's going to be several ways to achieve what you want to do because it's an android and not an apple.
msty.gif

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it does not tell you any of that it is just some short stitty little actice about a developers perview version of lolipop user accounts for PHONES(not tablets) that was 1st to add users accounts
it says NOTHING about how fucking shitty the whole system is or how it offers ZERO security and ZERO options,
it say nothing about how change which account is the owner account or primary account,
it says nothing about how to make it prompt for passwords when switching between user accounts on a device
it says nothign about how to prevent the device from rebooting into the primary account without even prompting for a password

google devs are absolute fucking morons , all other users have easy access to the primary account now because these fucking third wold shit heads can't deign shit properly
this is a fucking disgrace
all one has to do is reboot the tablet and they are back in the primary account with access to the primary accounts email and heads up notifications
conversely the primary account can switch to any other users account on the device and get access to email and heads up without being prompted for a password
what the fuck kind of bullshit is this?
whoever designed his should be shot in the face

it is just common fucking sense that you should be able to have a prompt for password when switching between user account logins , it is just common sence that if the tablet is logged in under another user account other than the primary account that it should not be as easy as rebooting to gain access to the primary accounts email and heads up notifications and everything else

and the primary account can not be changes that s the main problem
that absolutly ZERO fucking security on accounts
I get customers like this sometimes at work, you give them the answer plain as day and they still argue with you about it. Follow the instructions givenbto you, you've been given multiple solutions. At least try them out before continuing your temper tantrum, setiously

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but in this case there is no way
there just is no option to pass off the owner status to a secondary account
and there is no way to have it prompt you for a google account password when switching users on the device
you are forced to rely on lock screen passwords ,so there is no customization when it comes to how user accounts work at all you are forced to do it their way,forced to factory restore the device, forced and forced to use lock screen passwords
it's a really bad system

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah but in this case there is no way
there just is no option to pass off the owner status to a secondary account
and there is no way to have it prompt you for a google account password when switching users on the device
you are forced to rely on lock screen passwords ,so there is no customization when it comes to how user accounts work at all you are forced to do it their way,forced to factory restore the device, forced and forced to use lock screen passwords
it's a really bad system
By that logic same can be said about able in many regards.
- They force you which launcher to use
- They force you which music app you have to use
- They force you to install and use Itunes (or did they add mass mode by now?)
- They force you to use there app store (that may or may not be the best case dependign on what you want)

i could continue the list but i guess you get what i mean.

Neither of them are prefect and both have flaws.

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By that logic same can be said about able in many regards.
- They force you which launcher to use
- They force you which music app you have to use
- They force you to install and use Itunes (or did they add mass mode by now?)
- They force you to use there app store (that may or may not be the best case dependign on what you want)

i could continue the list but i guess you get what i mean.

Neither of them are prefect and both have flaws.
yeah i am not defending apple just because i have a problem with androids user account system
it's a coke vs pepsi world we only get 2 bad choices for just about everything it's like when you tell people you are not voting for trump then they accuse you of wanting to vote for shillary
well when there are only 2 choices for something it is usually the case that they both suck
burgerking of mcdonalds, coke or pepsi , D or R

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, last spring when Fallout Shelter came out, I went to Google Play store and it said "This app cannot be run on this device", which was odd, because my phone was way above the requirements. So, what did I do? I downloaded an APK of the game, and installed it, bam, game works! Meanwhile, my friend with IOS still cannot play Pokemon Go, as it is not available for his country/phone company yet.

Isn't it nice being able to just download APK files of apps, and install them?

Reactions: zfreeman

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah i am not defending apple just because i have a problem with androids user account system
it's a coke vs pepsi world we only get 2 bad choices for just about everything it's like when you tell people you are not voting for trump then they accuse you of wanting to vote for shillary
well when there are only 2 choices for something it is usually the case that they both suck
burgerking of mcdonalds, coke or pepsi , D or R
wow did i really just miss spell apple oO i really should go to bed....

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, last spring when Fallout Shelter came out, I went to Google Play store and it said "This app cannot be run on this device", which was odd, because my phone was way above the requirements. So, what did I do? I downloaded an APK of the game, and installed it, bam, game works! Meanwhile, my friend with IOS still cannot play Pokemon Go, as it is not available for his country/phone company yet.

Isn't it nice being able to just download APK files of apps, and install them?
yes it is, but i am pretty sure you can sideload .ipa's now too
my friend has an iphone 6s with kodi sideloaded on it and no JB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...