Homebrew How do I install and play Pokemon Nightmare Moon?

FaravusGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to install Pokemon Nightmare Moon on my 3DS, and the two Homebrew I have are Luma and FBI. Do I need anything else to play Nightmare Moon? Or would it be better for me to convert the romfs to a .cia file to install as an onboard app? If so how would I do that?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to install Pokemon Nightmare Moon on my 3DS, and the two Homebrew I have are Luma and FBI. Do I need anything else to play Nightmare Moon? Or would it be better for me to convert the romfs to a .cia file to install as an onboard app? If so how would I do that?
The romfs is just the romfs not the entire program so u need to .cia merged with the Rom it modify and then install that

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah... I'm extremely new to this, how would I do that...? Could you maybe tell me in laymen's terms?
I think you can load the romfs file through Luma3DS' Rosalina feature, you just have to place it in the correct location for Luma3DS to see it, and enable game patching in the Luma3DS settings. I don't remember where exactly it should be placed though.

Reactions: FaravusGaming

FaravusGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can load the romfs file through Luma3DS' Rosalina feature, you just have to place it in the correct location for Luma3DS to see it, and enable game patching in the Luma3DS settings. I don't remember where exactly it should be placed though.
Thanks! I'll definitely look into this option as well!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have a specific file-group in mind?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For where I should place the romfs file- You said that you don't know where exactly, so do you have a few folders that you think will work?
It has to be in folders named after the title ID, which is easy enough to find out, but I don't remember in what subfolder those folders need to go. Google it or search on the forum for Luma3DS LayeredFS and you'll probably find something.

FaravusGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to be in folders named after the title ID, which is easy enough to find out, but I don't remember in what subfolder those folders need to go. Google it or search on the forum for Luma3DS LayeredFS and you'll probably find something.
Thanks!
And what about running it through Citra, would that be easier?

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install this gamethe file is 4.5gb to big for my fat32 sd card
Use the layeredfs install method (which nobody's really put step by step so I'm doing so right here)
Prereq:
Have lastest Luma
Have Pokemon Ultra Moon (physical or digital)
Have an SD card that can hold Ultra Moon AND ANOTHER 3.2GB
Download the .rar from the google drive links here (these steps work with ultra sun too)https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-nightmare-moon-and-reaper-sun-new-thread-new-leader.499525/

Steps:
1. Extract the "luma" folder from the rar
2. Place this folder on the root of your SD card
3. Insert SD into 3DS and hold select while booting
4. Enable Game Patching
5. Launch Pokemon Ultra Moon
6. Profit

Anyway, if you lack SD card space for layeredfs and you can't merge the romfs into a .cia that's under 4GB then you're kinda SOL without a larger SD card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH